Anyone Heard The Brand New INXS Song?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't heard it...I used to love INXS...but it feels weird without Michael Hutchence...I still cry about him sometimes. It's just not the same.

Jon Stevens is the most remarkable replacement. I thought he would do a very poor job at it and was not interested in hearing what he could do with them. I saw them perform late last year though and I swear...It was incredible. A seamless transition if there ever was one.

This is a very cool song, thanks Michael.

:sad:

God that sucked so badly. Michael must be spinning in his grave.

Last edited:
The song was catchy...I like it...but fuck it, it's not INXS. Not without Michael.

I think they are sounding good and go to to see them as often as possible.....it was a very difficult thing for them all choose a singer to replace Michael :( Jon is a nice man and a good singer and entertainer:up:
quote from Kirk Pengilly after being surrounded by women telling him how good he is...."oh, I just love myself" :laugh: he was j/k
"hands up who's married?" :laugh:
I:heart: INXS
they are playing here for the Wallabies again...woohoo:dance: and for the "ripple effect"...woohoo:dance: "The Bostocks" have got the support spot for them. I can't wait!!

The rest of the band should have stopped as INXS after Michael's death. It's just not the same without him.
I don't care if they wanted to carry on doing more music, but not as INXS using a replacement singer doing INXS songs. IMHO.

Bunbury said:
The rest of the band should have stopped as INXS after Michael's death. It's just not the same without him.
I don't care if they wanted to carry on doing more music, but not as INXS using a replacement singer doing INXS songs. IMHO.

I agree. It just isn't right.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think I entirely agree. A band is like a family. If a family member dies, he or she would never want the family to disband. I don't think Michael H. would have wanted INXS to disband for this reason. His songs were all about life, and not quitting, ironically enough. He likely would have wanted the band to follow suite, and, because the band did not quit, I suspect this was the case...as they knew him best.

Hmm I LOVE INXS and when I heard about Jon Stevens I wasn't entirely sure what to think...Michael was the heart, or perhaps the spark of INXS and really it shows in the new track. I mean it's a good track, it's nice enough but it doesn't have the spark it would've done with Michael singing it. Buuut as obviously that wasn't gonna happen I think it would be a shame to never have INXS' music performed by the band again and after listening to 'I Get Up' I don't think they've chosen too bad a singer :)
It's never gonna be the same, it's INXS without that spark, but it's still pretty decent music! :yes:

I was a huge INXS fan back in the late 80's - early 90's. Their X show at Memorial Drive here in adelaide was one of the best live shows I've ever seen. I was devestated when Michael died and was VERY sceptical when I heard they were going to continue on without him up front. Then I saw them play here on New Years Eve a few years back with Jon Stevens up front and I was pleasantly surprised:yes:
No, Jon Stevens isn't Michael Hutchence, he never will be, no one could ever match the pesence and charisma of Michael, but I figure I would rather the music live on than be forgotten.
If you get a chance, do go see them, it's still just a really good, high energy show with some great music. Simple as that
Mandy:wink:

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Well said mandy! I saw X at the Ent Cent in Sydney, my first concert ever. I'd been a fan for a little while and needless to say, that show cemented my love for them. Fast forward to December last year and I saw INXS with Jon Stevens at the Drought Appeal concert. I was really not looking forward to it. I didn't want to see him butcher what was easily an art form created by Michael. I also dislike for them most part, replacements in bands, especially the singer.
I worried for absolutely nothing. He did such a fine job. He seemed to not want to replace Michael, but pay him hommage in every note, every movement. Behind Jon Stevens is still the old INXS and now leading them is a man who is not trying to take over but is making everything he does a tribute to the very one who shaped the entire band. I can understand why others here feel differently, its completely understandable. I just look at them as INXS II. And it looks and sounds pretty darn good.
:)

Welcome to Interf as well! :wave:

Nice anecdotes, Mandy and Angela! Anyone else surprised how much John Stevens sounds like Michael H.? I mean, I know it's not exact or anything--and no one could ever replace Michael--but it's uncanny how similar his voice is. If you close your eyes and pretend it's Michael singing, it's almost eerie. Anyone agree?

Thats spooky...I was going to say above how at that concert, I closed my eyes for a minute as I was bowled over by how similar his performance sounded. All I could think was, it could have been them playing years earlier. It was a weird moment, and this is a weird coincidence lol. I thought people would think I was weird for doing that so I didn't say it before.
:shifty:

Back
Top Bottom