Anyone heard of Howie Day? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
The Fly

Local Time: 11:04 PM
Anyone heard of Howie Day?

My brother saw Howie Day on PBS and bought the album called "Stop All the World Now" which apparently was too "normal" for him so he gave it to me (He is a Radiohead freak ) At first I was annoyed that he was giving me his leftover crap but after listening to it several times it's grown on me. I can't say I'd go out and buy it because it's a little more poppy than what I usually like, but hey it was free!! I really like the first song. There are a couple songs that sound suspiciously like Coldplay, and also some parts where he sings like Bono. Probably why my brother didn't like it

Parts of it make me feel schizophrenic 'cause the song starts out all moody and just when you thing he's going to start rocking, he bursts into a top-40 moment.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:16 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:04 PM
I saw him open for Tori Amos once. He was really good though I wasn't compelled to go out and buy the record.

Old 12-02-2003, 05:27 PM   #3
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 AM
I like him. But I like Howie Beck better. I think. Or do I like Howie Day better? I get them confused.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:22 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:04 AM
I like him, too, never bought any of his albums however.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I like him. But I like Howie Beck better. I think. Or do I like Howie Day better? I get them confused.
I can't decide which I like better. I liked what I heard of Howie Day before the latest album (Secret, Kristina). I saw Howie Beck live and really liked it (there were like 12 people there), although I still liked Howie Day better at that point (even though I haven't seen him live). I wasn't incredibly impressed by Howie Day's latest album though - or at least I liked the other stuff i heard better - so now I think I might like Howie Beck better. Confusion is a constant state for me though, so it's nothing new.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #6
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:04 AM
i know some poeple who like him...unfortunatly in the interest of not wanting to have to buy more music than i already need to buy, i avoid bands and artists that people i know who's musical taste i don't have much respect for like.

did that make sense?

basically all i'm familiar with is the texas sticker...
Old 12-03-2003, 10:36 AM   #7
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i avoid bands and artists that people i know who's musical taste i don't have much respect for like.

did that make sense?
Yes that makes perfect sense. I'm the same way.

Two guys named Howie, how confusing Seeing as how I don't get out much, and must rely on my brother for all my new music info, I don't know who Howie Beck is

Strange thing about Howie Day: I like the first song on that album but can only listen to it about 3 times. Usually if I really like a band/singer I can put a song on continuous loop for hours
Old 12-03-2003, 07:53 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Long story short: my mom heard his album a lot at work, I wasn't personally impressed with the song I heard on VH1, but I downloaded a few and liked them, and then we heard he was having a concert near here, so we went. Despite the very obnoxious crowd, it was good.

I still don't like the current single much, but I really love a live song I downloaded, called Lick My Lips. I keep getting the feeling I'm listening to something too poppy, though, whenever I listen to other songs.. he has a good voice and such -- he could be using his talents better than he is now.