Anyone heard of Har Mar Superstar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have! we got his newest cd in at the radio station a while ago...funky stuff...

Yes...I have...
Wanna hear something gross?
A friend of mine caught him opening for the Strokes in Chicago...a woman threw a used tampon at him!!! :barf::der:

ok....I posted about him in 2002...but that thread went over like a bomb.

ANYWAY, I checked out his site to see what he is up to. I didn't realize he was in Starsky and Hutch. I need to go see it now.

He is finishing up his new album, and has worked with a TON of people (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Junior Senior, etc. etc.). He is playing some shows/festivals in NY, London, LA and Minneapolis. :drool: I think I need to go.

zonelistener said:
ANYWAY, I checked out his site to see what he is up to. I didn't realize he was in Starsky and Hutch. I need to go see it now.

I honestly don't know any of his stuff, but I did catch his disco-dancing cameo in that movie.

:up:

"Check the tour section to find out what day you'll get to sleep with me in your city."

:lol:

I'm a big fan of Har Mar. I heard of him when I was listening to an interview with Brian Molko. He said that "Power Lunch" was the last song Placebo listens to before taking the stage. Can't say I blame them--the song really gets you fired up and makes you groove. Anyway, can't wait for this new album. :up:

[tangent] Har Mar is right that Patrick Daughters is a master with lighting. The "Nowhere Again" video by Secret Machines is mesmerizing to watch. [/tangent]

Kieran McConville said:
I've heard of him, I'll say that much. He's a bit too, um, crap for my liking.

Should I file this under "I just might be too self-absorbed to get it" :wink:

Yes, the music itself might not be up to "great" standards, but I also find great entertainemt in a good "schtick" ~ as long as the artist doesn't take himself/themselves too seriously (ala The Darkenss). Har Mar is a "local" guy for me. I've seen him play living rooms with this "superstar" gig. Now he is picking up awards in England and dancing in movies. He was a singer and lead guitar for a punk band from Minneapolis before he did this.

In fact, people outside of Minnesota might not get the "Har Mar" joke. Har Mar is a shitass 1960s mall that has fallen on hard times. They are anchored by a multiplex theater and a Marshalls (clearance stuff from major retailers) store. Some of the other tenants worth highlighting: two craft stores, a comic book store that also features "fantasy game" figurines and a Christian book store. Throw in the yearly grade school art show and the senior winter walkers and you have one hell of a nice complex.

So, yeah...his music has a "fun" factor for me. He mocks (something you know quite a bit about, keiran) mainstream "crap."

Picked up "The Handler" tonight. I haven't listened to it yet, but judging by the album art, it's gonna be good. :lmao:

By the way zoney, there's a song by you might want to check out--it's called "Sean Tillman Is a Fucking Star." :lol: :up: You can d/l it for free at insound.com.

I remember zoney's Har Mar thread from yesteryear, when he had just become popular (Har Mar, not zoney....). :)

There's some advert with him in it, but I can't remember what it's for....and it goes 'H-A-R M-A-R Superstar!' :)

There was a trivia question about him on Ceefax the other day too. :)

He looks like Ron Jeremy. :)

Gum. :)

Ok, I just watched the video for "D.U.I." on Yahoo Launch.

Har Mar dancing in a pet store. Genius.

Back
Top Bottom