Anyone have any phobias or fears? Maybe O.C.D?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Out of Control

The Fly
I was just curious..What scares you? I have a fear of flying (even before 9/11), more after. I will fly and have, but I worry about it constantly.
I also have a fear of getting a colonoscopy. I'm still too young to need one but MAN, when that day comes, I don't know if I will be able to go through with it.
Find your fear here

I have a terrible fear of spiders. Nearly every night I have a nightmare about them and wake up screaming :no: and I also have to check my entire room every night before bed to make sure there's no spiders. it sucks :( :rolleyes:

I don't like driving on the highways and expressways, inside the city...outside in wide open country I'm fine.

I also don't like rollercoasters :no:

Being kidnapped, I've always had that fear since I was four.

And I'm also afraid to ride trains even though I am riding one next week when I go to New York City.

~spiders (most insects actually)
~arsonists (when i was little i'd have horrible nightmares about ppl burning down our house)

that's all the big fears, but i have many little ones......MANY

I have a fear of strong winds, spiders (well, most bugs), snakes, concealed places (I HATE it when the shower curtain is closed, and I have to open it before I get in...I always feel like I'll find a dead body or something), and those light switches that have three switches on one plate (don't laugh, I don't know why I have a fear, but we used to have one, and I always got sick to my stomach and freaked out when I looked at it...the ones with the big, flat switches are the worst).

u2er said:
I have a terrible fear of spiders. Nearly every night I have a nightmare about them and wake up screaming
awww don't worry girlie, i have the same problem. i had terrible nightmares about them when i was a kid and now if i see even the teeniest one, i scream and run out of the room.

i also have a fear of...well it's not heights, i mean i stayed on the 25th floor of a high rise when i was on vacation with no probs, but i couldn't look directly down on the balcony, like right on the railing. i also cannot ride escalators, and stairs with holes in them (like spiral staircases and stuff) where you can see down at the floor beneath you as you walk up.

at least my family and friends understand. :(

oh yes, and I also have a fear of cancer
if I got it or if someone I know got it I don't know how/if I could handle it :slant:

I suffer from:

Acrophobia (Heights)
Arachnophobia
Claustrophobia :sad:

Less serious... I suffer from:

Arsonphobia (Fire) - Though I love fireplaces and bonfires... I am afraid of losing my possessions or life to fire.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm scared of the number after twelve. (how sad is that? it's a freaking number!!) I have all these rituals about not looking at the number without looking at another number after, like if I see a clock on the number I have to stare at it until the time changes and I'm not allowed to do anything if that's the time and I can't count that number if I'm exercising and if I break those rules I have to make up for it and...yep, I'm insane. WHY? It's a freaking NUMBER. A NUMBER. And I'm scared by a years-old superstition.

I'm INSANE.

*hits self with pillow repeatedly*

Snakes, heights, public speaking, and like someone else said-stairs w/ spaces in between... walking across bridges,elevators in tall buildings, thunder and lightning. :eek: :eek:

I'm slightly oc about things being in a certain place/order..but I have improved on this. I think it's just an attempt to control things you can when there are so many things you have no control over. Well, that's what it seems to be for me.

u2er said:
oh yes, and I also have a fear of cancer
if I got it or if someone I know got it I don't know how/if I could handle it :slant:
*hugs* i know what you mean...my mom has cancer and i can almost guarantee he'll get some kind of smoking related cancer (he's been smoking for almost 40 years, he's smoked up to three packs a day!!! :eek: ) i'm afraid i'll get cancer from all the second-hand smoke i've inhaled...everyone in my family but my mom and grandfather smoke. good thing billy doesn't. :D

I am scared of ALOT. I am scared of being sick, needles (I haven't been to the doctor in forever), I have social phobia, ( I have to take medication for that), tornados, my house being broken into (it takes me forever to get to sleep at night bc of it), something happening to my cats when I am gone..thats what I can think of now. Spiders don't scare me at all..which is strange since I am scared of like everything else!

Daisyphisto said:
those life like dolls (creepy), and heights.
Uggghhh I'm scared of dolls big time! (it's called Automatonophobia). I've had some horrible nightmares about them.. I'm also scared of heights, I'm scared of rape, being in front of crowds, I have a nagging fear of pain... Ew, spiders and cockroaches too.
I have OC w/ U2 sometimes, heh. And with even numbers. I have to do things in even numbers, set my alarm to an even time, have the last number I look at be even, etc. blah.

Yeah get me at my sister's softball game and I get major OCD!!!! Although, not as bad as an uncle of mine who had to take a valium before certain URI basketball game!! :eek:

I am scared of elevators and recently bridges (after having a bad dream about one opening as I drove over it and falling in etc..) and heights although I'm usually never up high anywhere. I don't like dumpsters either (for the same reason Bonochick has to open her shower curtain first!)

I have a wild imagination and try not to watch scary movies or physcological thrillers because after that i start to create these wild scary things in my imagination and.. *runs away*..

Ultraviolet Light said:
clowns and water.
Oh, and I think I'm very slightly obsessive-compulsive
I hear of many people being scared of clowns...I don't really get that, but my wife is scared of those gnomes people sometimes put in their yards or gardens. If your scared of clowns, read the book "IT' by Stephen King...you will love it.

Gina Marie said:
Snakes, heights, public speaking, and like someone else said-stairs w/ spaces in between... walking across bridges,elevators in tall buildings, thunder and lightning. :eek: :eek:
I love thunder and lightning..I like those violent storms..I always open up the windows and turn down the lights.

Ultraviolet Light said:
clowns and water.
Oh, and I think I'm very slightly obsessive-compulsive

P1010098.JPG

(i'se gonna photoshop for ye, but snapfish's down :D)

very slightly ocd??? you have got to be hosin' me!!! :sexywink:

i love you ellen :D

Out of Control said:
If your scared of clowns, read the book "IT' by Stephen King...you will love it.

Actually, I've seen this movie, and it wasn't really any more frightening than "normal" (besides the fact that I'm a little scared of Tim Curry himself...:D). But I don't usually get into horror movies.

I think I was scarred by the Bozo the Clown show as a child...

Back
Top Bottom