Anyone have any experience substitute teaching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nate Dogg

Refugee
I have been toying with the idea of becoming a teacher, and have been told that substitute teaching is a good way to "get your feet wet". I have also been told the exact opposite, so I was curious if anyone here has any advice or experiences they could share. I am returning to work after 2 and a half months next weekend(damn hurricane put me out of work!), but I'm not sure I really want to, thinking perhaps it's time for me to expand my horizons a bit, and possibly go into teaching. Thanks....

yes, I have, but I teach music, so it probably doesn't help you any.

I substituted for 8 years before I finally got my elementary credential. I hated it the first few months, and then I got really good at it, loved it, and here I am right now: so goddamn tired I can't answer you're question properly until another day.

But I will be back to answer more in depth. Perhaps while you're waiting for me to be fully functional, you can think of specific questions. Or just tap your feet impatiently. Either one works for me.

Or you can PM me and we can get down and dirty.

I had a substitute teacher once.... Mm mm mm! Oooohhh...you didn't mean like that...:D :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom