Anyone going to watch the wedding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
r3125737950.jpg

46de4bce.jpg

I hope the official photographer obtained a nice lined up shot of this. Good arch :up:

Kelly, Zara spends a lot of time in Australia. She used to have a boyfriend over here. She is cool. Zara goes to the beach a lot and isn't afraid of getting grubby. She seems really down to earth. Bit like her Mum :up:

6009db7c.jpg

Grace Beesley and Fraser Moors are next to married following the marriage between the Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker-Bowles at the Guildhall in Windsor, England, Saturday, April 9, 2005. Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles married Saturday at the 17th century Guildhall in the royal town of Windsor.

I don't like the fluffy bits and the colour is too harsh for her.

For the civil ceremony Mrs Parker Bowles wore an oyster silk coat with herringbone stitch embroidery and a chiffon dress, both designed by Robinson Valentine. Her hat was designed by Philip Treacy and was made from natural straw, overlaid with ivory French lace and trimmed with feathers.

Following the ceremony, The Prince of Wales and the new Duchess of Cornwall drove to St George's Chapel in Windsor Castle for a service of prayer and dedication.

The Duchess of Cornwall had changed into a porcelain blue silk dress which was hand embroidered with gold thread work. The design of the dress was inspired by a piece of jewellery owned by the Duchess's late mother. Again, the dress was designed by Robinson Valentine and a feather head dress desiogned by Philip Treacy.

Decorated with roses, thistles and daffodils, the single-layered, 24-inch organic fruit cake had detailed lattice work, with a small initial `C' in the lattice.

Fruitcake :puke: They should have had a Boston mudcake.

Last edited:
The full menu included:

Sandwiches:

Egg and cress on granary bread

Smoked salmon on brown bread

Roast venison with Balmoral red current and port jelly

Potted shrimp bridge rolls

Hot canapes:

Mini Cornish pasties

Mini vegetarian pasties

Diced grilled vegetable tartlet with parmesan

Miniature pastries:

Caramel banana slice

Strawberry tartlets

Glazed mocha fudge

Caramelized lemon tarts

Plain scones with Cornish clotted cream and Duchy strawberry jam

Double boiled fruit cake

Miniature ice cream cornets

The official wedding poem by the poet laureate, Andrew Motion:

"Spring Wedding"

I took your news outdoors, and strolled a while

In silence on my square of garden-ground

Where I could dim the roar of arguments,

Ignore the scandal-flywheel whirring round,

And hear instead the green fuse in the flower

Ignite, the breeze stretch out a shadow-hand

To ruffle blossom on its sticking points,

The blackbirds sing, and singing take their stand.

I took your news outdoors, and found the Spring

Had honored all its promises to start

Disclosing how the principles of earth

Can make a common purpose with the heart.

The heart which slips and sidles like a stream

Weighed down by winter-wreckage near its source -

But given time, and come the clearing rain,

Breaks loose to revel in its proper course.

:hug:

Guests from the world of show business included comics Stephen Fry and Rowan Atkinson, and actors Joanna Lumley, Richard E Grant, Kenneth Branagh, Prunella Scales and her husband Timothy West.

Other celebrities invited to the occasion included musicians Phil Collins and Sting, and novelist Jilly Cooper.

I think Elton John was there too,

And Jools Holland :up:

(Actually I think that quotes wrong. Sting was invited but didnt attend. He sent his wife instead)

Last edited:
I caught some of it this morning. I actually liked the church outfit, it looked much better on TV than it photographs. I didn't like the hat. I just wish they had gotten married all those years ago and saved so much grief.

Does anyone have a Trudie Styler pic?

It's wrong for me to even say :wink: but I think Prince Harry is hotter than Prince William.

I think Harry is better looking than William. He seems comfortable in his own skin :up:

Dunno how bright either of them are but were just talking about the spunk factor, right? :wink:

MrsSpringsteen said:
I just wish they had gotten married all those years ago and saved so much grief.

Thats how I feel too. And I wish Andrew had of married Koo Stark. etc. I think the Queen should let them marry whomever they want rather than "acceptable" partners whom they end up divorcing.

PS I'll keep a look out for Trudi Syler. Im trying to find Jools Holland at the mo.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom