Anyone going to see Harry Potter Tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I bought my ticket for tonights midnight showing. So when I get home nap time should be fun I hope.

I can't do ANYTHING at midnight - that's way past my bedtime! I might go Thursday night, but more likely not until next week when I'm on vacation and can go to a cheaper matinee and not be swarmed by sticky little kids.

:wink:

I'm probably going to go to a Friday matinee, even at the risk of all of the gremlins running around talking during the movie.

But hey, at least I get to see it.

Maddy got invited to go with her friend tomorrow night. I'll be out at a concert :rockon: I'm sure I'll see it eventually. No hurry. Never read the books :reject:

I saw it last night. Didn't get home til after 3am. Then I had to wake up at 6:30 for work. :crazy:

My overall opinion of the movie:
This director really did an excellent job of capturing the images in the book. I think his vision is quite similar to Rowling's. But I generally didn't like the film. I think the major theme of it was overlooked and rushed through. To be honest, I'm not even sure if people who haven't read the books really know what The Order of the Phoenix is.

meh. :shrug:

Last edited:
UberBeaver said:
I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies, just bits and pieces of the one that's on HBO all the time now.

:shocked: I can't believe my ears! I'm getting the book and i'm hangin' out for the movie on my birthday! Harry Potter is my hero!

unico said:
I saw it last night. Didn't get home til after 3am. Then I had to wake up at 6:30 for work. :crazy:

My overall opinion of the movie:
This director really did an excellent job of capturing the images in the book. I think his vision is quite similar to Rowling's. But I generally didn't like the film. I think the major theme of it was overlooked and rushed through. To be honest, I'm not even sure if people who haven't read the books really know what The Order of the Phoenix is.

*blocking ears with fingers*

fly so high! said:

*blocking ears with fingers*

:lol:

don't worry, i'm still a fan. but i'm a very rigid and stubborn supporter of the books. book 5 is one of my favs...so i was a bit disappointed in how it was carried out. but, it's all good. like the nut that i am, i'm gonna make the same sacrifices for the 6th and 7th movies...lol and probably complain about the same things!

I enjoy the movies, they're fun. But I'm a bigger fan of the books, so I'm much more excited for the book to come out.

unico said:
To be honest, I'm not even sure if people who haven't read the books really know what The Order of the Phoenix is.

I can vouch for that. It's a house where that guy hangs out because he's going to get killed if he rolls up with his boys in public, right? And Harry goes to visit him and they become lovers?

Canadiens1160 said:
I can vouch for that. It's a house where that guy hangs out because he's going to get killed if he rolls up with his boys in public, right? And Harry goes to visit him and they become lovers?

Did you watch the movie or have you been reading fanfic? :sexywink:

Saw it yesterday morning - while I enjoyed the film, the amount of little scenes left out the book made the whole 'Dumbeldore's army' sequences seem rather pointless. I will say this - Loony Lovegood was hilarious.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I'm probably going to go to a Friday matinee, even at the risk of all of the gremlins running around talking during the movie.

But hey, at least I get to see it.

me too probably... even though there will be children it will be generally less crowded during the afternoon

may end up doing a late night showing though. either way.

Holy fucking shit.

:shocked:

Kick. Ass. Movie.

They left stuff out, but they needed to. There are things that I wish were fleshed out some----the Dumbledore/Harry interaction at the end, and giving Ginny more than one measly line (this is the book where she's become a strong character and it wasn't there in the film). However, they did a pretty darn good job of turning a tedious book into a fantastic film. :up:

Oh dear.....Utoo, I apologized in that "Harry Potter Predictions" thread, for that sentence or two, but I have to agree with your "review"--LOL:wink: . You were right to say what you did of course. I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I posted a VERY long and detailed review in that thread but I had a mixup and said something I shouldn't have there, so I got told off and deserved it. That wasn't my normal self. I guess people not being able to read it here, where it belongs, and reply is my own worst punishment.

If I had known, HERE was where I should have posted that long and detailed review. So if anyone wants massive film spoilers, go to page 5 or 6 of that thread and there they are.

Since I haven't made a total ass of myself here, do I have permission to ask you, Utoo, what you think of my review here?:wink: . And did you notice 2 things: Sirius, right before he is killed, says "Nice one, James!" as they are battling.. as if he forgets that it is Harry at his side. That's not in the book (funny how Yates takes a line from Snape's worst Memory and puts it here instead.) And how a few mins later there's an "Obi-wan" moment where we hear Sirius's voice speaking to Harry, just as Obi-wan speaks to Luke after he is killed. Not in the book either....

Teta040 said:
Sirius, right before he is killed, says "Nice one, James!" as they are battling.. as if he forgets that it is Harry at his side.
:up:
I really do love those moments where they interject the perfect retorts that follow to character cannon. I loved that he said that and Harry kind of gave him an odd look for the briefest of moments. I think that most of the people who hear that and haven't read the book will be extremely confused though.
It just wrapped up a lot of the "Maybe you aren't so much like your father as I thought" talk that Sirius always gives him.

That and when Umbridge was saying, "Tell them I mean them no harm!"

"I'm sorry, Professor, but I must not tell lies."

:lol: Awesome!

I thought that Book 4 was one of the best, but by far the worst movie, so hopefully they didn't fuck up Book 5 as much.

It doesn't come out here until July 19th... I wonder how much they will cut, since this is the longest book. (think Goblet of fire)

The previews look great though.

as generic public: great movie

as the obssesed fan I'm: it's ok, a lot of scenes I wanted to see weren't in the movie!

my problem in general: the lack of Snape

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom