Anyone going to see Daniel Lanois on tour? Got my 10/8 tickets for TLA in Philly...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
For anyone who didn't know, Daniel Lanois is on tour. I just bought my tickets for 10/8/05 at the TLA (Theatre of the Living Arts) in Philadelphia (small theatre). Tickets (for that show at least) are all General Admission at $22.

I'm looking forward to it. Anyone interested should go to www.daniellanois.com and click on his "tours" section. He's touring several other cities too. The man makes some really good music. Good luck.

Yep. I like his music a lot. It's got a sort of New Orleans vibe to it (mixed with Lanois' well-known atmospheric sounds). I have a couple of his albums (Acadie, Shine, Sling Blade Soundtrack). I'm going to the show because I like his music and I expect to see a good performance. (I'm not expecting U2 to show up or anything.)

Hallucination said:
I won't be seeing him live but his new album is fantastic.

Do you mean his brand new album "Belladonna" that's been out for only a couple of weeks? Or do you mean "Shine"?

I don't have "Belladonna" yet, but I'm about to buy it. Is that the one you are talking about? "Shine" is great, especially the first five songs.

Knuckle said:

Do you mean his brand new album "Belladonna" that's been out for only a couple of weeks? Or do you mean "Shine"?

I don't have "Belladonna" yet, but I'm about to buy it. Is that the one you are talking about? "Shine" is great, especially the first five songs.

Belladonna. It's great. It's so sublime. I like it alot.

:bump:

This has been a great week for live music, Hothouse Flowers last Wed and last night saw Daniel Lanois.

Regrettably, I knew more about his work as a producer rather than an artist but last's night show just blew me away. He has to be one of the most inventive and emotive guitarists I've ever seen, and the crowd was truly spellbound. His band definitely are worth a mention, especially his drummer who was especially brilliant when following Daniel who was playing the pedal steel guitar.

As someone already posted in another thread, Daniel is truly a humble person, happy to meet with fans after the show and chat (even the saddo who brought her U2 albums to be signed - cheesy! :wink: ) and have a beer or two :D

As Molly would say, go and do yourself a favour while he's in the country......:yes:

Back
Top Bottom