Anyone from Galway?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Olofski

The Fly
I?m just wondering if there is anyone from Galway, Ireland on Interference?

I lived there for 8 months 2000/2001, and I?m just curious about what?s happening in that lovely town.

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways

I don't live in Galway but im going there in april/ may for a school yeats trip thing..so ill tell u what its like when i get back
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by bono-vox:
I don't live in Galway but im going there in april/ may for a school yeats trip thing..so ill tell u what its like when i get back
biggrin.gif

Oooh, a Yeats related trip? Do tell, what will you be doing?

I may be moving to Dublin in the summer, but I want to visit Galway.

------------------
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill
We see the sun go down in your eyes

Galway is beautiful!!! One of my favourite spots I visited. Lovely town. Internet cafe's there are bit expensive though.
wink.gif

Must visit the Snack Box when in Galway to have a nice bag of Chicken and chips! lol
Sang U2 tunes at 3am with a busker whilst in Galway, after seeing Rattle&Hum perform at the Victoria Hotel. Can't wait to go back.
biggrin.gif

I second that chicken and chips place!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Who is AM?

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN

Originally posted by Olofski:
Who is AM?

that?ll be me
smile.gif

yeah, I lived in Galway for about a year. It was amazing - love that city.

When were you in Gaillimh? I was there in 2000

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Galway is wonderful. I spent a semester there in 1998. I'd be curious to see what is going on now as well.

I'll add to the Snack Box recommendation too
smile.gif

As for Yeats, are you visiting Coole Park? Getting up to Sligo at all?

I was at uni in Galway for a few months in 2000 too. Its a great town really, I just didnt really know anyone there...
Also v. worth going outside the city into Connemara a bit, really beautiful there and not too far out of the way.
Never tried Snack Box, McDonagh's Fish and Chips are the absolute business though
biggrin.gif
well recommended, best steer clear of Supermacs and McDonalds (goes without saying). Scoosi is a cool Italian place too if your budget is a bit higher than the average student...

------------------
?*~darkcloud~*?

Originally posted by cloudimani:
McDonagh's Fish and Chips are the absolute business though
biggrin.gif

aw, so true. I?d love to have some right now! Or hang out at the Quays!!!

Too bad we didn?t know each other back then. Could have been fun to meet.

Gaillimh ab?!!!

------------------
"The bass player's got it. The bass player's fucking got it." Bono, Boston 6-9-01

Nothing like the mad scramble at Supermacs at 2am on a saturday night...

------------------
In the stillness of the evening
When the sun has had its day
I heard your voice whispering...

cloudimani wrote:
best steer clear of Supermacs and McDonalds (goes without saying

LOL, I worked at McDonalds, Shop Street for 7 months!!! But I have to say, I really enjoyed working there, I?m actuallky thinking about going back there for the summer months. If they want me back? The great thing about McD, was that you got to know a lot of fun people. They have a lot of foreigners working there, Spanish, Italians, Swedes, Lithuanians etc. I miss the friendship between the staff, not between the Irish managers. I only got to know one Irish really well, wich was a little bit sad. But that well made up to all the friends I know have all over the European continent.

Me and my girlfriend lived in Galway from Sept 2000 to April 2001. And I really miss the town, and all those great pubs THe Kings Head, Busker, McSwiggans ohhhh I could go on forever about the pubs.

Anyway love the town and the Irish scenery, best months of my life(so far)

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN

The great thing about McD, was that you got to know a lot of fun people. They have a lot of foreigners working there, Spanish, Italians, Swedes, Lithuanians etc.

hehe thats so true! I dont think I was ever served by an Irish person in McDonalds, although I was there about twice...

------------------
?*~darkcloud~*?

And I really miss the town, and all those great pubs THe Kings Head, Busker, McSwiggans ohhhh I could go on forever about the pubs.

how could I forget the pubs. Did anybody else here go to The Kings Head on Sunday mornings to listen to the jazz sessions. They were brilliant those guys. I really miss them.

I worked for APC, so I got to know a lot of foreigners as well. But also some really great irish people...

I miss Galway, miss the pubs, miss my walks in Salthill, ... not the rain, but everything else

------------------

I went to the dograces in Galway. I thought that unforgetable fire would win. I lost 10 irish pound. Is Galway united still alive ?
( a Irish soccer team )

Read you, Rono.

Back
Top Bottom