Anyone else stuck at work today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh and since it is a boring day here in the office, my friend and i have been enjoying the wonderful useless studies that yahoo.co.uk posts as newsworthy.

so incase you ladies didn't know this, here is the latest find in Scotland about what women really want!

From The Scotsman
[q]Thursday December 26, 03:01 AM

Women choose a well-read man over tough guys
THE most desirable talent in a Scots man is being well read with a real knowledge and love of literature, according to 60 per cent of women questioned for a new poll.

Culinary skill is also high on the agenda.

Apparently the rough and tough image of celebrity chefs, such as Gordon Ramsay has dispelled the myth that real men don't cook, and 58 per cent of women want their men to be a wizard in the kitchen.

Other hidden talents that featured highly in the wish list were writing and linguistic skills and a love of extreme sports.

And half of the women questioned in the study commissioned by Drambuie Cream also wanted a partner who could play a musical instrument, preferably something difficult - like an oboe.

Rachel Morris, the relationship expert for Cosmopolitan magazine was not surprised that Scots women want more than just a pretty face .

It can be arranged, she said, with a few simple lifestyle changes.

She added: "Instead of catching forty winks on the train journey into work invest in some good books - not just Andy McNab's SAS adventures - and get reading.

"That guitar you have lying in the corner of your bedroom is only impressive to a woman if you can actually learn to play it.

"Women are always bowled over by a man with musical talent; look at how well Coldplay's Chris Martin and Travis's Fran Healy have done with the ladies. It's a winner.

"Those Saturday afternoons shouldn't just be about football and a few beers with the boys.

"Take advantage of museums and art galleries. Culture always impresses."

jmcbeth
[/q]

no, REALLY!?!?!? :der: :der: :der:

and yes, I do want Chris Martin. that was the only good point in this study...;)

edited to add: i am leaving in a min. yay!! so what did i actually do on company time today?

lets see:
worked on my other job
planned my trips to England, Spain and Canada for next year
surfed the internet to read silly studies from the UK
talked about guys
made personal calls
planned my evening and weekend

oh and i made 3 calls related to work today. way to Aegon, nice use of your $$$$...:tongue: :yes: :wave:

Last edited:
The pizza and beer was good!! I could have more beer, but at 2pm, it'll just put me to sleep. :yawn:

Still no contacts online. :scream:

I hate being so bored...... We do have a firewall here too, but uhm, someone in high places.... uhm... did something that uh... I shouldn't be talking about! lol :D
I shouldn't download MSN, and could get in a lot of trouble, but oh well.
I guess I am a rebel. :tongue:

I've been at work both yesterday and today. Yesterday was pretty quiet, but today has been busy until about a half hour ago. I didn't get to eat lunch until almost 2:00. :grumpy:

I guess I am the only one left stuck at work. dum dee dum dum dum...

:|

I am tired of talking to myself.
down.gif

I respond to e-mails (ehn I c an get to a computer....Right Mrs. Edge???)

I am also wondering if I were to buy some Timbits when I come up to Toronto next weekend, if they will last until my trip to Charlotte two weeks later (prolly not - I think by then they would be Timpebbles). I need one of the Horton's frozen caps though...soon....like next saturday morning.

I worked today (yesterday I hung out in NYC and flew home). Lot's of people glying today.

Hey dearest Angel...I am still waiting to see the photo - and if I have your MSN IM addy, we can chat now (PM me quick).

ok

I don't have PM privelages anymore.
But here: svetayasofiya@hotmail.com :D

Although I am about to leave work shortly. :crack:

About the picture! Maybe I can get my uncle to scan them this week. He's the only person I know in town anymore with a scanner... Sorry for the delay!

You know what? Being stuck at work today (and tomorrow) is almost as bad as last Friday!

I would have made such a great hobbit...lying around in the sun, eating two of every meal.. :sigh:

I am quite busy today too.
It's better to be busy than not. Friday was horrible. HORRIBLE!!!
I hate being stuck at work with nothing to do and no one to talk to.

Hobbits rule!

Hey Mrs. Edge-

I like your profile location. It reminds me of a song called Solid Ground. An Irish folk singer named Dolores Keane sings it. One of the verses goes like this:

It's the land. It is our wisdom.
It's the land. It shines us through.
The land it feeds our children.
It's the land. You cannot own the land.
The land owns you.

Re: Hobbits rule!

Why thank you! :) I am a GWTW fanatic....and the quote is from Scarlett's Irish father. I am like Scarlett in so many ways, (the good and the bad unfortunately) that she is a perfect avatar for me. Instead of Tara, I have this little island in the wilderness of Temagami! lol!

The Shire reminds me of Ireland too!

Lemon Meringue said:
Hey Mrs. Edge-

I like your profile location. It reminds me of a song called Solid Ground. An Irish folk singer named Dolores Keane sings it. One of the verses goes like this:

It's the land. It is our wisdom.
It's the land. It shines us through.
The land it feeds our children.
It's the land. You cannot own the land.
The land owns you.

Oooohh...that would be lovely! I have always wanted to go to the Southern US....and especially to see the Atlanta Ballet's version of GWTW! That would be awesome.

I did go to Mississippi once, to the Jackson International Ballet competition. It was so hot, I thought I would collapse. I spent most of the time in the theatre and hotel though, so I didn't get to see much. Maybe that's what I'll do this winter!

(My mom said to the waiter at the breakfast buffet...what IS that, porridge? and the guy said "why ma'am that's grits!") :laugh:

Why Jess (sigh), I hope you've had a lovely week. I love your new avatar, also a big Scarlett fan. Just mailed out your 'Happy New Year' card with the kids' pic on it. Have been skiing with the kids and visiting with lots of family. But also feel like I've been working (or doing laundry) 24/7.

BTW, Tim Horton's has opened a few in Rochester, another reason to visit by the new ferry (whenever it's completed).

Time for me to go read your latest edition of PLEBA fiction.

Loved the history lesson on Boxing Day! Always lovely to read an interesting thread by the beautiful Mrs. Edge.

Fiddledeedee.:sexywink:

Hey all -

I was stuck at work today. Question for you.....what is in Kalamazoo, Michigan that would intice 30 people from Malaysia with the HEAVIEST BAGS EVER to fly there? Am I missing something? Oh, then there are the folks from Japan going to Oklahoma City...there bags were even bigger. But at least I know OKC has a university. But Kalamazoo...I must be missing something.

*Goes to get some Ibuprofen for a sore back
** Looking forward to hanging with Mrs. Edge at the "Tara" estate maybe????:huh:

zonelistener said:
Hey all -

I was stuck at work today. Question for you.....what is in Kalamazoo, Michigan that would intice 30 people from Malaysia with the HEAVIEST BAGS EVER to fly there? Am I missing something? Oh, then there are the folks from Japan going to Oklahoma City...there bags were even bigger. But at least I know OKC has a university. But Kalamazoo...I must be missing something.

*Goes to get some Ibuprofen for a sore back
** Looking forward to hanging with Mrs. Edge at the "Tara" estate maybe????:huh:

I wondered the same thing while I was sitting in a BBQ joint in Sapulpa, OK...the outskirts of Tulsa, and a group of 15 guys walked in and sat down at the table next to us. We noticed right away that they didn't speak English and had a translator with them. We heard the translator tell the server that they were from Uraguay and I was dying to know what in the world they were doing in Sapulpa??? :confused:

i won't think about that today...i'll think about it tomorrow

Mrs. Edge said:
Why thank you! :) I am a GWTW fanatic....and the quote is from Scarlett's Irish father. I am like Scarlett in so many ways, (the good and the bad unfortunately) that she is a perfect avatar for me. Instead of Tara, I have this little island in the wilderness of Temagami! lol!

The Shire reminds me of Ireland too!

Me too, I have an entire section of my basement that has my GWTW memorabillia, put away in bags and boxes.

I'm stuck at work right now...2 doors down from my bedroom, in my pajamas and warm socks with the TV on...browsing Interference :wave: :D

and I'm gonna leave before Iris chases me down and kicks my ass :silent:

I don't want to go to work today...I'm scheduled to work 12-8pm...it's 10:45 right now...it's gonna be sooooo boring at work today...I hope they send me home early :|

then I'm going over to my friend's house for New Years Eve! :dance:

Bono's American Wife said:
I'm stuck at work right now...2 doors down from my bedroom, in my pajamas and warm socks with the TV on...browsing Interference :wave: :D

and I'm gonna leave before Iris chases me down and kicks my ass :silent:

yeah you better leave. i will make sure to stop by to kick your ass while i walk over to the fax machine!!!! :madspit:

:wave:

Another quiet day at work, listening to ZooEuropa, reading Interference. I think I'll send my team home at lunch.

Have a safe and happy New Year all! :wave:

Yeah, but at least you HAVE an assistant! If I didn't spend all my time doing administrative stuff I'd actually get something done around here!!!!! Phooey. I have to stay until 2, and have a meeting at 1 for which I am completely unprepared.

Oh well....

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
OK TALK ABOUT BEING PISSED OFF BECAUSE WE ARE STUCK AT WORK RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!

MY ASST. JUST LEFT ME A VOICE MAIL TELLING ME THAT SHE IS CURRENTLY AT THE BEACH IN FT. LAUDERDALE LAYING OUT!!!!!!

THAT LITTLE EVIL BITCH. :scream:

Back
Top Bottom