Anyone else planning on seeing the Pixies Tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Numb1075

ONE love, blood, life
I know there are some pixies fans on this site. I am seeing them in December. I wanted to know if anyone saw them this year and how the shows were. I am seeing them on 12/14 @ the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. If anyone is going to this show and want to meet up, let me know.

NICE !! Let me know how it is !! I haven't seen them since they opened up for U2 on ZooTV...seems like a lifetime ago.

I saw them twice. The first time at Pinkpop, a Dutch festival, and the second time at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam. The festival was okay, but since it was outdoors and there weren't many Pixies fans (festival was mostly visited by people of about 20 years old) around it wasn't brilliant. The gig in Amsterdam was amazing! I completely freaked out! The sound was great, the setlist was brilliant and the band were in great form. Not much communication with the audience, but that's not news.

Have a great time when you go and see them!

I'm a big fan, saw them at the Austin City Limits Festival and they outrighted sucked. I was so dissappointed, but the other bands made it worth it.

I saw them recently with my friend at the tiny show they played in London :D Excellent gig! :up:
Feeder were in the audience too and we had a chat to them after the show :)

Saw them in Lincoln, Nebraska. Great show, but as someone said above, not much communication with the audience. Got to meet Kim after the show....she was definitly a cool woman.

I think they're a band that works best in a club type atmosphere...I couldn't imagine really enjoying them at a festival.

me!

im going to two shows at hammerstein in nyc

as well as the show in norfolk, va

i live near dc, but im skipping the dc shows (i refuse to see the pixies in a non-general admission venue)

yes, im slightly obsessed

(Reviving this thread, to avoid creating a new one.)

Just back from Lansdowne Road where the Pixies headlined, supported by Kings of Leon.

A memorable performance by four musicians on top of their game, well done! :rockon:

:| and just after only 20 minutes searching on the internet i discovered that this was a topic from 2004.

Going on Wednesday at Alexandra Palace, London.

Should be great.

Cheers

Kaber

kaber said:
Going on Wednesday at Alexandra Palace, London.

Should be great.

So jealous! Loads of my friends are seeing them at Leeds/Reading and another of my friends is seeing them at one of the Ally Pally dates.

You're so lucky!

Pixied DVD Documentary

Got this information, and while I know nothing of the band, I thought I'd pass it along. Maybe it's of interest to someone :shrug:

Special screenings of

loudQUIETloud

a film about the PIXIES

at VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT THE US

starting Monday, November 6th

xxxxxx, Stick Figure Productions and various retail and publication sponsors will be coordinating screenings of this documentary on the legendary PIXIES in promotion of the DVD release on November 7th. Cities include:

SEATTLE, WA – In conjunction with Easy Street Records
Jewelbox Theater - 2322 2nd Ave. - (Belltown) Seattle, WA
Monday, November 6th – Show @ 7
FREE TO THE PUBLIC 21+

MINNEAPOLIS, MN - In conjunction with Electric Fetus & City Pages
Fine Line Music Café - 318 First Avenue N - Minneapolis, MN 55401
Monday, November 6th – Doors @ 7 & Show @ 8
FREE TO THE PUBLIC 18+

SALT LAKE CITY, UT - In conjunction with Big E’s & SLUG Magazine
Brewvies Cinema Pub - 677 S 200 W # D - Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Monday, November 6th – Show @ 9
FREE TO THE PUBLIC 21+

TEMPE, AZ - In conjunction with Zia Records
Harkins Centerpoint 11- 730 South Mill Avenue - Tempe, AZ 85281)
Monday, November 6th - Show @ 10pm

PHILADELPHIA, PA – In conjunction with Repo Records, Y-Rock on XPN & Philadelphia Weekly
Trocadero Theatre - 1003 Arch Street - Philadelphia, PA 19107
Tuesday, November 7th – Doors @ 7 & Show @ 8
FREE TO THE PUBLIC 21+

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - In conjunction with Amoeba & SF Bay Guardian
12 Galaxies - 2565 Mission Street @ 22nd - San Francisco, CA 94110
Tuesday, November 7th – Show @ 9
FREE TO THE PUBLIC 21+

NEW ORLEANS, LA – In conjunction with Louisiana Music Factory & Antigravity
One Eyed Jacks - 615 Toulouse St - New Orleans, LA 70130
Tuesday, November 7th – Show @ 9
FREE TO THE PUBLIC 18+

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA - In conjunction with Plan 9
Satellite Ballroom - 1435 University Ave. - Charlottesville, Virginia 22903
Tuesday, November 7th - Show @ 8pm
FREE TO THE PUBLIC

NEW YORK, NY - In conjunction with CMJ
The Glass Lands Gallery - 289 Kent Avenue (between S. 1st and S. 2nd Streets) - Brooklyn, NY
(Williamsburg, accessible from L train and BQE)
Thursday, November 9th - Show @ 9pm
$2 @ Door - 18+, 21 + w/ ID to drink

HOLLYWOOD, CA - xxx presents... A FREE Double Feature Screening of The Pixies’ “LOUDQUIETLOUD” & Mission of Burma’s “Not A Photograph”
Knitting Factory Hollywood - 7021 Hollywood Blvd. – Hollywood, CA
Tuesday, November 21st - 9:30 to 11pm (Pixies DVD), 11:30 to 12:45 (Mission of Burma DVD)
FREE TO THE PUBLIC - ALL AGES

Back
Top Bottom