Anyone else notice...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scatteroflight

Refugee
...the resemblance between Exit Music for a Film and Wake Up Dead Man?

I thought I noticed it, anyway. But since it's been years (literally) since I listened to Wake Up Dead Man I could be out to lunch. I can hear it in my head if I try, though.

I just bought OK Computer. I had listened to it a few years ago and quite a lot of it sounded familiar. But I think I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Up to and including Let Down, or maybe Karma Police, the songs are amazing. Fitter Happer makes me nauseous but I seem to have to listen to it anyway. Oh, and ELectioneering is great too. But after that I feel it falls off a bit. At least, Climbing up the Walls and Lucky don't do much for me. But No Surprises and The Tourist are very good.

It's neat that someone was releasing a genuine concept album as late as 1997. It is definitely reminiscent of Pink Floyd and prog rock, both musically and thematically. Man and machine has always been a popular prog rock theme--for example, Emerson Lake and Palmer's masterpiece Karn Evil 9 on the Brain Salad Surgery album. And of course, some of Pink Floyd's work.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

you may want to give "lucky" another listen or two, it shouldn't be overlooked...

as for concept albums, not much comes remotely close to Pink Floyd's Animals or The Wall (excluding Dark Side of the Moon because that was more atmosphere than concept)

Climbing up the walls and Lucky are great! Especially Lucky has a stunning atmosphere. Btw, on Traivs' "The Invisible Band", you can find this feeling again, because of Nigel Godrich. For example "Dear Diary" has that Ok-Computer-feeling in it.

------------------
Take the money and run

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom