Anyone else a Britpop girl or boy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Lately Ive noticed threads popping up about one of my fave subjects, Britpop.

My faves..Blur, The Verve/Richard Ashcroft, Suede, Pulp, Travis, Oasis, The Stone Roses, ROBBIE(heh heh)

Anyone else a fan of any of these bands and the boys in them? I find that all these bands have very dominant leads. Maybe on themselves is a better phrase hehe

Britpop was by far the most enjoyable few years the UK and I have had in music, really vibrant time and brings back some incredible memories. I might find some time to record some of my favourite memories of Britpop 94-97 when I get a chance

ps. you forgot the Spice Girls
wink.gif

Most of my music is British. My husband calls me a BritPop goddess.
wink.gif

I'm particularly fond of the Manchester bands like the Stone Roses, Charlatans, Primal Scream, Happy Mondays, James, Inspiral Carpets, etc. etc. etc.. Ah the memories of my college days. *sniff sniff* I'm getting all nostalgic here.

I also have a soft spot for the "shoe gaze" (man, I hate that term but...) bands like The Verve being one of my alltime faves. There's just something about Richard Ashcroft's voice that seems like it takes flight on angel wings - he's totally into it. Spaceman3, Sonic Boom...

Another favorite band I love is Spiritualized. Everything from the droney hum throughout their early works to the powerful hard edge that spots some of their newer stuff - all blended in with a touch of Gospel (some songs sound like Gospel on quaaludes) and even the use of symphonies to give depth and texture to the recordings. All brilliant except there is somewhat discordant "white noise" on a couple of their records but it's nothing I can't skip over if I'm not in the mood. And some of the lyrics represent a man wrestling with his conscious. He loves God, and he knows he has sinned but questions if he is beyond redemption. Very powerful indeed.

Also was a huge fan of the Smiths, My Bloody Valentine, This Mortal Coil, Depeche Mode, and New Order. There's so many more but I haven't had all my caffeine.

Ah, what else. I love electronic music. Chemical Brothers being one of my favorite electronic acts. Fatboy Slim reaches out to the fun in me. Pete Tong...

Oh oh oh. Almost forgot the Cure and Radiohead!

And it would be silly for me to dismiss The Who, The Stones, and The Beatles! Oh there's so many good acts that have come from England but if I list anymore I'll bore you all to tears.

So I'll stop here.

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by adam's_mistress (edited 11-17-2001).]

Ahhhhhhhhh British music, from the 60s onwards the quality of British music has always been in my opinion the best in the world, with Britpop being one of my favourite movements, I love both Blur and Pulp heaps and in 1998 was able to see the magnificent Pulp live in concert, Jarvis truly is an entertaining showman..........

Some of the bands mentioned here, I dont know if I would call them Britpop, I always thought that Suede (whom I dug as soon as I heard Metal Mickey, way back in 1992) were not Britpop, but hey still British, I have always been fond of those guys as well as James, The Happy Mondays, The Stone Roses, The Manic Street Preachers....this list, believe me could go on and on
smile.gif

Its all about British music!!!

My personal faves are Stereophonics, Radiohead, Travis, JJ72 (ok - I know - they're Irish), and Robbie Williams.

Back in the day (oh so long ago in H.S.)I was a Cure, Depeche Mode and New Order Freak. Though U2 has always been my Favorite!

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Oh yeah! That's the stuff!

I am all about Britpop! Can't get enough of it! Give me Damon Albarn and Jarvis Cocker over Creed and Incubus anyday!!!

I love Cast, Oasis, Charlatans, Dodgy, Space, Stereophonics, Travis, Verve, Embrace..... all that stuff.

It's sad that pathetic pop music has destroyed the music scene.

Think it's time for a change. Which bands do you think could kickstart a new Britpop revelution?

Most of my CDs are British. I use to listen to Blur, Oasis, Verve, and some other bands of the ninieties who stand in the tradition of the Beatles, the Stones etc. Apart from that, there are other great Bands from GB you can't call BritPop, as Radiohead, Belle and Sebastian and, of course, U2.

Back
Top Bottom