Anyone catch Beck on SNL tonight? (10/29)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
I knew he was coming out with a new album, but really didn't pay much attention to it. I'll definitely be checking out the new album. Thought the performance of the 2nd song tonight (the only one I saw) was pretty cool. The whole dinner table used as a beat box thing was awesome.... and then the puppets to go along with it... haven't seen that much creativity in current music in a long time.

just saw him perform nausea and needless to say it rocked socks.

beck is criminally awesome.

what's the second song he does later on? it's not on yet, but i'm crossing my fingers he plays the information.

so WHICH IS IT?!?!

I didn't like Beck so much on the last go round but I really enjoyed both songs tonight so I will have to check out the new stuff. I did see Clap Hands elsewhere but the live version was excellent and you could tell the audience was really excited.
:up:

oh man that was awesome. i've seen him play clap hands before, but this was even better with the harmonica AND the puppets.

i've gotta see him live

I did catch Clap Hands and kind of enjoyed it, but I know I would get very tired of it very quickly. I couldn't take that song often.

I didn't catch anything else he did this evening.

omg! the puppets!!!

seriously, both performances were waaaay cool. :up:

like you said, bear, seeing him live would be awesome.

martha said:

Yeah. But I don't have it yet. :reject:

I'm far and away the biggest Beck fan on this board, but/so take it from me...the album isn't even worth stealing, let alone buying.

I taped it because Hugh Laurie was the host. I thought the puppets were the best thing about the whole show-the puppets and Beck's tie. I really like that Nausea song.

If you shout... said:

I'm far and away the biggest Beck fan on this board, but/so take it from me...the album isn't even worth stealing, let alone buying.

I hate to say this about Beck, but I agree with you in a lot of ways about the album. Just underwhelmed me. There's still moments of brilliance (as always), but it's just such a complicated and possibly bloated record.

Back
Top Bottom