Anyone buying the new Pete Yorn album today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should I go out and see him live? He's playing in the Netherlands in a few months. Tickets are 40 euros, as after his performance there'll be another concert (by some band called REM, weird name ;)).

C ya!

Marty

i'll let you know in a few days...my show is in 2 and i couldn't be more excited!

i've been listening to pete a lot the last couple weeks...and i have to say that i actually like dif the same if not better than mftma...both are great albums at any rate...

*bump*

alright guys....friday night's indy show was AWESOME! it rocked HARD! me and nicole were in line almost first (the 2 girls in front of us were there to see rooney)...so we ended up front and center. those hours in the cold and rain were worth it! anyways, the opening bands were pretty good...much better than i expected. then pete came...

he opened with black...and it just got better and better. ok, best part of the show: i made a sign that said "lose you" on it cause i REALLY wanted to hear it. i first heard that song at a time in my life when i was feeling in that place. it has always spoken volumes to me. well, during the show i heard the synth start for lose you and i was freaking out...and pete says "this is for the girl in the front row"...*nearly passes out*...i was in a trance during the song...that song has always meant a lot to me, so needless to say i was lost in it...just beautiful. at the end, during the first set of "i'm gonna lose you"s, pete was staring directly into my eyes...i didn't know if i was going to cry or pass out...considering how much that song means to me...this just made my LIFE!

bandstand in the sky was also absolutely beautiful. he wrote it the day jeff buckley died. i'm a huge jeff buckley fan, as some of you are too, and hearing it was just awesome. it said something to the effect of "you can kill me but i'll never die"...so powerful.

the show was the best concert i've ever seen...i wish i could make it to more...after the show we stuck around to talk to pete...i thanked him and got a picture with him...he's such a nice guy...

and marty...GO SEE HIM IF YOU CAN! he is absolutely awesome live!

Back
Top Bottom