ANYBODY into Supergrass??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazyboy

War Child
I dunno if these guys ever made any impact in the good ol' US of A(A usually stands for arse in regards music, how are those bastards Crazytown still releasing songs?!?!?):censored:

But anyway, back to Supergrass, IMO one of the best brit bands of the last 10 years, I prefer them to Oasis and Blur. They have a new song out, Grace(not the Cohen/Buckley one) which is short but very sweet. New album coming soon...apparently back to top form. So I'm more than likely seeing em up in Dublin early october, never got to see em live yet, anyone had the pleasure? Was it such? Just wondering.

And if anybody wants to hear one of the best albums of the 90's (IMO and many critics on this side of the pond) download or buy In It For The Money, it rocks!

Thanks to bullet the blue sky , I own this cd. He introduced them to me. I was looking for some good rock music that is hardly played in Atlanta and he suggested some really good UK bands. I took a chance and bought a Supergrass CD and was pleasantly surprised. Off hand I don't remember the name of the cd i bought, but I think it is the one you mentioned..

GAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!

Supergrass rock.
Ronan lover, apart from the *nudge, nudge* 'B Zone' thing, your taste in music is dahling.
Ive spent my weekend with 4 crazy Irish abroad, just so you know. I'll be saying 'yer man' before u know it.

i saw them at byron bay (oz) a couple of months ago. they were tops! good english band.

Can you hear them humping on your stereo? :)

(Yes, I know that the song title is a little bit different, but that's not what they are singing).

C ya!

Marty

Sweet!:) Not alone then, and Salomey, there ya go again:wink:

Manda, why thank you:D When you mention it we have clashed before with taste in music, Chemical, Jamiroquai, BRMC, and soon I should own a Doves album.....Ah you never looked beyond my "personal" links to Ronan, never gave my own music taste a chance...:scream:

Bono_man, good to hear they impressed live, hope they keep it up! And supporting them is a band called the Libertines, meant to be the "next big thing" outta the UK...very ballsy..

yes I like Supergrass- they Rock!!!!! I like their later stuff more so and I definetly like them more so than Oasis- they were just in Australia but I didnt get a chance to see them and damn you bono_man going to splendour in the grass- how was it?????

and did you ever get to see the show when Gazz was on the Ali G show anyone- he was a good sport about it but Ali really took the piss out of Gazz and the song, cant think of the name of it but the one that goes 'where the sun hits the sky' or something like that and the clip to the song was filmed in Australia , anyway supergrass are very cool:)

ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I havent heard it yet but my aunt keeps singing it to me!
I want them to play it again!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

SHUT YOUR MOUTH GEEZER!!!!!!!!!
What does this have to do with supergrass angie? :laugh:

lazy_bum..tis ok, i know u and ronan will be very happy together in your lil boyzoney house in co.clare someday. but just let me be flower girl ok?

Last edited:
Oh Mand. I just about piss myself every time I hear it. One day some pommy fella rang for either Tight Arse Tuesday or the Hello Australia Awards. Merrick was just pissing himself as he does, and finally cut in on the guy and yells GEEZER TEETH! SHUT YOUR MOUTH! the guy on the phone had a really thick Cockney kind of accent and imitated him. So began the geezer teeth thing. Merrick didnt really elaborate why he thought pommies with large teeth would be called it, I guessed it was some kind of private Merrick joke. You know how he gets. The someone was asking him about it and he says haven't you ever seen the guy from Supergrass and the size of his teeth? He has pommy GEEZER TEETH! So anyway the joke was born...

But then! A few days later, they say they are playing a new song. You know that one that is currently in the charts and it has some kind of singing bit with this pom fella talking over it every now and then? The 2 dickwads had re-recorded it to be their very own GEEZER TEETH! version. I am trying to find it now, as I'm sure someone would have copied it and made it available. I will send it to you as soon as I find it. After all, we're all smiles, we're all teeth.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm European Bob, pleased to meet you.

Actually mand, i was jst in the nova chat and some guy called gumby (if you can trust that nick) reckons if you ring the station on 133 969 they can send you a copy of it....

It might be worth it. Its too funny, and I guarantee you will wet yourself from it.

OzAurora said:
and did you ever get to see the show when Gazz was on the Ali G show anyone- he was a good sport about it but Ali really took the piss out of Gazz and the song, cant think of the name of it but the one that goes 'where the sun hits the sky' or something like that and the clip to the song was filmed in Australia , anyway supergrass are very cool:)

Yes, I saw that show a while ago. Indeed, Gaz was a very good sport about it when Ali G started to re-arrange the song (Sun Hits The Sky) to make it sound 'better'. The weird thing is that I thought the song still sounded quite well with Ali G's drum'n'bass and additional rap (not as good as the original, but no crap either).

C ya!

Marty

Sorry, the flight is a bit too expensive.
But I am going to see them on 1 July (as they are special guest at the Coldplay/Live concert I'll be seeing)

C ya!

Marty

If I love Grace, will I love the whole album? I really like the few songs I've heard by Supergrass. Good rockin' stuff. In fact, I may listen to them right now, since I woke up singing Grace in my head.

One of the best bands on the planet. They've got a great sound, which has matured but still remained playfull. Grace, and selftitled are great, and "I Should Coco" will rock your socks off.

yeah! you should get the new album, it's good.
verrrrrrrryyyyy goooooooooood.

So I go over to amazon to window shop and guess what they recommended for me...

Supergrass!

:ohmy:

Bizarre. Apparently it is now my destiny to own something by them.

Back
Top Bottom