Anybody got any f*!%n Christmas Spirit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My life (between health issues with my family and work) has been crazy for the last month and I haven't found the Christmas spirit yet.

In fact yesterday, because everyone in my family has been a bit stressed lately, my mom and I snapped at each other and that triggered a total meltdown for me--I cried in bed for more than an hour until I fell asleep.

Tonight I am planning on watching It's a Wonderful Life ... that always does the trick.

No Christmas spirit here...but I don't have to -- I'm agnostic. :wink:

I do have a happy cat wrapped around my neck and purring in my ear...does that count?

according to various parties in FYM, being an athiest i'm not allowed to have any christmas spirit. :wink:

christmas means i have to spend a whole lot of time with my mom (who i really don't get along with) so i kind of lost my christmas sprit by comming home :|

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Let's see...

I have a big new responsibility on my shoulders (that I am starting to like, but still...), still no one to love, and my job is driving me crazy.

So, this would be a big no. (Even though I still like opening presents. :slant: )

WOW, I'm almost an exact ditto of that. Day from hell today at work. So NO, not in the spirit at the moment at all! :|

Just doesnt seem like its Christmas this Saturday, I havent wrapped a single present yet either. I dont know what the problem is, I have had this type of stress at work before. But I guess that has to be it? :shrug:

Last edited:
It hasn't really hit me yet. I always have so much trouble with stress in December that I really don't get it, except maybe when I'm actually opening presents on Christmas Day.

I'm too tired to have any spirit right now. I'm sure when the whole family is here on Friday, it will finally hit me and I'll feel festive but holiday stress is a real spirit killer. :|

I work in retail, my Christmas spirit is sucked dry by November 2! :D Fa la la la...huh?

xmas2003.jpg

:wave: :wave: :yes:

i actually learned something from my christmas cards this year:
prettige kerstdagen
gelukkig nieuwjaar

not that i have any idea how to pronounce that...:shifty:

I've got some Bailey's Irish Cream and some spiked eggnog, but somehow I don't think that's the type of spirit you were talking about...:drunk:

U2dork said:
I've got some Bailey's Irish Cream and some spiked eggnog, but somehow I don't think that's the type of spirit you were talking about...:drunk:

I think that's gonna have to do this year!

Schmeg said:
I work in retail, my Christmas spirit is sucked dry by November 2! :D Fa la la la...huh?

I worked in retail for 8 years, and Christmas is :yikes:

Hang in there, :hug: it's almost over!

I did, because I like buying Christmas presents and all that. But we've had a disastrous December (2004 in general, actually) and my two parents are decidedly NOT in a good mood. So they are pretty much killing it for me too. :|

Back
Top Bottom