Anybody else don't have a Valentine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2DeathBear

The Fly
Grrr...it sucks to be single sometimes...i walk around the city and see pink and red hearts in store windows...and i think to myself, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **sigh** someday....

Yeah ... I'm single :|

Here's something lovely ... I spent two hours last night wandering around the mall trying to help my sister pick out a Valentine's Day for her boyfriend. I must have suggested the same gift five times before she finally bought it. :mad:

Although this may not be the most vheerful thing to think about ... at least you'll be doing something productive on Valentine's Day

seriously -

Why get so worked up because you are single on this FAKE holiday?

True love or a relationship should be celebrated EVERYDAY. People get so wrapped up in a holiday that is overhyped to create this false sense of romanticism, and pressures people (mainly men) to needlessly purchase stuff.

Again, celebrate your relationship EVERYDAY like it is Valentine's Day, and don't get depressed if you are not in a relationship when you see marketing materials in a vendor's display case.

I think people should really pull their heads out of their rears about this holiday. :rolleyes:

zonelistener said:
seriously -

I'm not meaning this just for this stupid holiday--I mean it in general. I think I have cooties

:sexywink:

I hate valentines day. I think it's just another excuse for Hallmark to make a card. I worked at a Hallmark for 3 years in high school/college. They have cards for everything. :tsk:

zonelistener said:

True love or a relationship should be celebrated EVERYDAY.

:up: This guy speaks the truth. Remeber, if there are any expectations for the day, it was all brought to you by a marketing department.

oops. sorry JessicaAnn.....

it's not funny...what was i thinking?!

...today is just not my morning. i need a vacation from work....

Yes, Valentine's Day as we know it has been blown up into a huge marketing ploy to get people to buy things, but I think it's nice to remember that the holiday is actually St. Valentine's Day. For those of us for whom saints have meaning, there is a deeper significance to the day than just candy, hearts, and romance (or lack thereof).

you dont know how truly sad you are until you help your kids do their valentines...and you realize....they have more friends than you do....and they'll get more valentines wishes too...phooey.....blargh....:|

:mad:

I erased eveything I said trying to edit it. :der:

and you responded.

recap: little valentine greetings prolly cost less than one US penny, and made by either a big machine, or some poor children in a third world country about the same age as Lucky Charm's own children.

Sorry if I seem like a Valentine's day scrooge....but, if you look at what is really going on...corporations are being the scrooges...forcing people into these "sad" or "depressed" feelings because they are not getting attention/gifts from a partner on this fabricated "special" day.

as a good friend would say, "bah."

Last edited:
Aw zoney dahlink?no offense taken of course..would you like to smack me upside the head to go with that senseless shaking?:wink:

..of course?.my opinions should be lightly taken?..I happen to have had this conversation with my eldest as we were going over her list..checking it twice..and she said to me..Mommy?.where are your cards?Ill help you..and I said to her?I don?t have any?.and she said to me matter of factly..ha ha I have more friends than you do?hence the comment?..I certainly know I am blessed with many friends both close and distant?.and wishes don?t need to come through cards 1 day out of every year?silly dahlink?here?..have a timbit?:lmao:

I've never really liked the day, but i don't let it depress me either. This year, I actually am amused by the couples running around, trying to do special stuff...it's a bit ridiculous. The only good part of it all is the candy...and you don't have to be in a couple to eat the candy...mmmm, chocolate.

I have no valentine doesnt bother me :D its only a silly holiday where you make people rich :down: we arent card/ gifts people in our family :up:

I am going to spend Saturday the way I spend all my other Saturdays, sleeping :love: then going out for a friends birthday and eating cake and having drinks.

i dont have a valentine and im not too bothered.

nor am i going to be depressed saturday. itll be the first day of my vacation, so im gonna do what i do every saturday now...

run, hit, throw.

"Mom, romance is dead. It was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece." :p

I don't really care one way or another about Valentine's Day. :shrug:
All the single girls on my floor are having a "let's get together and whine about how nobody likes us" night, but like zoney said, I don't see the point of getting all worked up about such a commercialized day. I've been single every other day of the year and that doesn't bother me either.

Plus Groundhog Day is a better February holiday anyway. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom