Anybody been sued by the RIAA yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
The RIAA has just sued 261 people, are they any of you?

http://www.msnbc.com/news/963391.asp

Apparently you can get "amnesty" from being sued if you turn yourself in and delete all the files.

I really think the RIAA is going about this all the wrong way, but hey they are free to do what they want.

This is starting to suck.

I dont think I'm going to share very many files anymore.

:mad: :mad: but i buy MORE music this way! :mad: :mad:

i don't think they'd buy that...

seriously iwb

filesharing has widened my knowledge of music, which has led me to buy more music, go to more concerts, buy more merchandise, etc...

there are a LOT of bands i would have no idea about if it werent for downloading their songs for free, and i know ive paid back more than what i got for free

people say file sharing is killing small bands, but in reality small bands are the ones who benefit the most from file sharing, they get their music out to a huge audience, and isnt that what all bands want?

its really stupid

Yes, but their crappy acts get hurt buy it. No one will buy their cd's because we can download the 1 decent song they have on each album.

:sigh:

i found a song i hadn't heard since i was five today on soulseek. RIAA, try to find me a copy of that song some other way, i dare you.

u2popmofo said:
Yes, but their crappy acts get hurt buy it. No one will buy their cd's because we can download the 1 decent song they have on each album.

yes, download all 12 tracks, and find out that 11 suck. it's the bands' fault for putting out crappy music

i've not been sued because i don't download or share songs anymore. coincidentally, it also has made me buy a lot less music. so now, the cds i buy are ones by my "trusted artists," those i already like. sure i'll buy the new U2 album, for example, when it comes out, but i won't buy a cd by someone i don't know, for fear those one or two songs i've heard are the only good songs.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
i doubt my musical interests would be as diverse as it is now if it wasn't for kazaa and napster. :(

Same here

When I saw this yesterday it sort of blew my mind. I have not been on soulseek lately. For all that I download, if the album is good I buy it at some point in time.

If the large record/entertainment companies only had one iota of a clue. Copyright this. I have gone to so many more shows because of mp3s.

Someone remind me to quit my job.

They slashed the tires on my car last nite. And my girlfriend has been getting strange phone calls. I may need to buy a handgun.

yertle-the-turtle said:
oh sod them

I'm going to make my own music with some tin cans
Can i join you with my armpit act ?

I also use Kazaa to explore the music that is around, what i like i will buy,......

Pardon my French, but FUCKING BASTARDS.

I have never in my life downloaded tracks instead of buying an album. I actually used Napster/currently use Kazaa, etc to get songs that aren't on the fucking albums. Tell ya what - if someone wants to put together some records with all the Tori Amos B sides that I've downloaded, I'LL BUY IT IN A MINUTE. And yes artists put out live albums, and I BUY THEM but I also like to download the occassional song that someone's told me is an especially good live version.

These people are just a bunch of wankers with more fucking money than sense.

:censored:

i don't think 'fucking bastards' is actually french, fizzbies :wink:

I know no self control.

I want to fight the industry...yet, LOVE music.

How should I fight the RIAA and Ticketmaster, and support the so-called artisits? You can't.

zonelistener nailed it right there. that has to be one of the most enraging things. you can't boycott because the bands you love will suffer, and ultimately suffer more than the labels.

and if someone wants to take on the responsibilty (i mean a record label) of re-releasing all sorts of out-of-print 7"s, every good live version of a song by any band, and make b-sides compilations for the rest of their lives, then i'd have next to no need for any kind of file sharing program. the only other reason i download music is to see if i'd like it. the bottom line is that if i like it, i WILL buy it. i'm broke right now, and can hardly afford all my books for this semester, but when the new rancid album came out, i went out and bought it (i even paid the extra 10 bucks for the special edition with the tee-shirt). i'm makijng a point to spend money i shouldn't be spending on seeing shows in the near future. would i know who gaelic storm and enter the haggis are if i didn't have the capability to download? no i wouldn't.

even bands i was a fan of before i had a speedy internet connection at school, i've been able to enjoy more because it means access to bootlegs, or b-sides only found on import copies that i'd either have to order online (which i can't do without a credit card, and my parents don't trust internet ordering stuff), or wait for them to surface in a store (which 9 out of 10 times never happens).

:mad: i am that face.

Back
Top Bottom