any young ones here really really heavy-arsed into blues shit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
any young ones here really really heavy-arsed into Blues shit?

basically

are u 27 or under........into this physical-motivating-heavy-swingding-shit?

I am

johnny lee hooker....oh fucking yea!
all the songs on Original track - Dinah Washington, Ben E King

all fuking rock compared to todays 'bom bom bom' mofo shit!

please, am I not alone?

Im feelin rather insane today

Last edited:
its not always twelve bars

You are not alone. I am... old, but I had a very intensive blues time, I only played Blues and Boogie for sth. like three years. Robert Cray is one of the musicians who follow the footsteps of the old masters. I loved John Lee Hooker, it is a tragedy this man has died last year One bourbon, one scotch, one beer. Sonny Boy Williamson, Robert Johnson, all legends. If you want to enjoy some really great piano blues, I encourage you to search for recordings/ albums by James Booker, "The prince of New Orleans". They are not that easy to find, but try to. He died in the 70s on H... but he is one of my idols for his wonderful, breathtaking piano style.

SRV writes niiice tunes

You gotta get into Robert Johnson and Ry Cooder as well! these people are the best and more unique.
Robert Johnson redefined how acoustic guitar is played for ALL genres of music!

Basstrap said:

Robert Johnson redefined how acoustic guitar is played for ALL genres of music!

Yes, and Charlie Christian on the electric. Oh, Jimi was a heavy bluesman, too. Don?t believe all the stories about Johnson though?...

I love blues music- I grew up listening to the blues as it is my Father's favourite musical style, I swear that he must have about 200 cds and at least 150 of them would be blues and here on the Sunshine Coast where we live there is a pretty big local blues scene and whilst my Dad dosnt play or sing he has heavily involved in the local events and festivals for years that promote the blues, so anyway I guess I had no choice but to like the blues, but in all honesty I really do like blues music- there are so many styles of blues but I think my faves would be chicago blues like Robert Cray, his album 'Strong Persuader' is one of my all time fave albums and I like the early stuff like Robert Johnson where there is just the man, the guitar and the lyrics:)

Oh and if you like blues I can not recommend enough that you check out the Australian blues artist Jeff Lang- I have seen him live numerous times and the way that man plays guitar is amazing- he truly is a living blues legend, check out his web site and if you appreciate decent lyrics, melodies and fine acoustic and electrified blues playing than you will be impressed- everytime I see him play live my jaw is on the ground in bewilderment at how well this guy plays, but anyway I could go on all day about Jeff Lang:)

Back
Top Bottom