Any Who Fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
*raises hand...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

yep
smile.gif

Up to and including <I>Quadrophenia</I>, the Who were one of the best bands ever.

Since then, they've sucked.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Everything from "Tommy" through "It's Hard" was great. The post-Quadrophenia stuff is underrated.

By the way, does anyone know of any Who forums where people post as frequently as Interference.

Originally posted by PopFly:
Up to and including <I>Quadrophenia</I>, the Who were one of the best bands ever.

Since then, they've sucked.

Good point, but they are still one of the best live bands EVER.

And why is the laughing smiley heading this thread?

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Sure! I thought I was alone though, every time there's a Who thread it hardly gets any response. I used to have a humongous Who collection. I can't think of any other band besides U2 that I have been so obsessed with. I was into them very deeply in the late 70's, and 1980.
But in the early 80's another band came and took number one in my heart. But I still love them!
smile.gif

I don't think that any band could kick your ass quite the way that the Who does. Amazing Journey/Sparks from Live at leeds is , IMO, The greatest live track ever recorded. WOW!!!

------------------
Don't let the bastards grind you down.

Zooropa FTP

I love the Who- My Dad got me into them via the Who Sellout album, and then I heard the live version of Wont get fooled again and I was hooked- they were supposed to tour here back in 95 and a girlfriend and I were all set for the show and then it was cancelled- such a bummer.........

Absolutly! Oh yes- I love the Who! I love Roger*. Only performance I have been able to catch was Live-Aid, Wembly Stadium-AWESome! **Bono** was in a trance like state when they where on! Babba O'Riley! I hope they come to Florida!

Quadrophenia was my teenage-angst album (for most people my age it was Nevermind). I also got drunk for the first time listening to it...yay me, I'm such a lush.

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

[This message has been edited by ~LadyLemon~ (edited 03-26-2002).]

I 'discovered' them a few weeks ago thanks to a music store selling all their albums for cheap. I have Tommy, who's Next and their Best Of and im loving em...should i buy Live At Leeds next?

Originally posted by brettig:
I 'discovered' them a few weeks ago thanks to a music store selling all their albums for cheap. I have Tommy, who's Next and their Best Of and im loving em...should i buy Live At Leeds next?

Oh hell Yeah!!!!!! Live at Leeds is the greatest live album of alltime.
Get your hands on quadrophenia if you can too!

------------------

Zooropa FTP

Oddly enough, I like them, grew up listening to them in the 70's and am going to see them July 26th for the first time, but, I wouldn't call myself a Who "fan". I guess I would have to almost love them as much as U2 and follow them as much to be considered a "fan". I'm looking forward to seeing them, but don't consider myself a fan, if any of this makes any sense....

Which album do you guys suggest I buy first?

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 03-28-2002).]

Who's Next, the 16-song version. It's one of the very best albums ever.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

I saw them on the same tour where the kids got stampeded to death but not the same show.

The Kids are Alright soundtrack is good. Of course Tommy, Quad and Who's Next and Live at Leeds are good but don't ignore Who by Numbers and Who Are You. At the time it came out, I loved the song (Goodbye)Sister Disco because it sounded like a statement against the stupid disco/dance crap that dominated the airwaves at the time (and you think the popular music now sucks) Of course The Who Sell Out and Magic Bus are good, and even Face Dances in the 80's. I don't think man will argue that 70's Who is the best(Tommy was 1969 though) If anyone gets the chance to see Tommy the original movie starring Roger as Tommy, do it! It's kind of twisted, but a real cult classic, and Roger was hot!

Originally posted by dizzy:
Which album do you guys suggest I buy first?

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 03-28-2002).]

Tommy
Who's next
Quadrophenia
My Generation

Those would be the 4 I would start with. The other stuff is great too, but these are the most accessible.
Of Course Live At Leeds is a must as well. Aww heck, By them ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

------------------

Zooropa FTP

Definately buy Who's Next first! Then go for Quadrophenia...OK, I'm biased, those are my 2 favorite Who albums...

smile.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by zooropa16:
Where were you when I was in highschool.
wink.gif

Unfortunately, I am still the same way today!
Whatever, I like to have a good time but I've calmed down in college. Not tonight though, tomorrow is my b-day! Woo-hoo!

biggrin.gif

------------------

Just as you find me
Always I will be
A little bit too free
With myself

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Unfortunately, I am still the same way today!
Whatever, I like to have a good time but I've calmed down in college. Not tonight though, tomorrow is my b-day! Woo-hoo!

biggrin.gif

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! Drink up!

------------------

Zooropa FTP

Back
Top Bottom