Any Veggie Tales fans out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
Does anyone even know what I'm talking about?

veggang.jpg

larry_and_peach.jpg
close_up_archibald.jpg

BobnLarry_suits.jpg

Veggie Tales is cool!

Veggie Tales is no way like Barney in the irritating aspect.
The cartoons teach young children and also people of all ages christian values, like forgiveness, mercy, compassion, etc. Its also very funny, very hilarious. I took my daughter to see the one they released recently at the theaters and she loved it. Nothing against the purple dinosaur, but I'd rather have my daughter watch Veggie Tales than Barney any day:)

Yay!

KhanadaRhodes said:
me! :wave:

____
:hyper: i will probably see the movie saturday.

We saw Jonah on opening night, it's ok and I always love new VT's, but IMHO I think they should stick to the 1/2 hour videos. Maybe it would have helped to have Larry as Jonah, it just didn't seem as funny as most of the other stuff they have done.

Originally posted by Nellie
Veggie Tales is no way like Barney in the irritating aspect.
The cartoons teach young children and also people of all ages christian values, like forgiveness, mercy, compassion, etc. Its also very funny, very hilarious. I took my daughter to see the one they released recently at the theaters and she loved it. Nothing against the purple dinosaur, but I'd rather have my daughter watch Veggie Tales than Barney any day

I totally agree, these videos are in a class of their own! There are actually often quite a few tidbits snuck in for the adults that the kiddies are not gonna get.

Being a vet student, I feel obligated to say that my favorite song is "The Yodeling Veterinarian of the Alps" :yes:

When I was on holiday in the US all we watched was Veggie Tales!! Thats what happens when theres a 4 yr old around.

Loved it.

oh where is my hairbrush!

:lol:

Jo (waiting for it to arrive on UK television!).

bonosloveslave said:
We saw Jonah on opening night, it's ok and I always love new VT's, but IMHO I think they should stick to the 1/2 hour videos. Maybe it would have helped to have Larry as Jonah, it just didn't seem as funny as most of the other stuff they have done.
aww...i'm trying to remember, is this the first movie they've done? i have two veggie tales videos :eek: and i remember one of them is a christmas one, but i forget the other one i have. :scratch:

anyway, yeah... :wink:

:up:

I think we have all the Veggie tapes. It is fun to watch with your kids because there are plenty of references that only adults get.

Funny stuff! :laugh:

KhanadaRhodes said:

aww...i'm trying to remember, is this the first movie they've done? i have two veggie tales videos :eek: and i remember one of them is a christmas one, but i forget the other one i have. :scratch:

anyway, yeah... :wink:

Yep, this is their first full length movie, all the other videos run about 1/2 hour. They are gonna have a new christmas one out shortly.

We have the entire video collection.......

And we have no kiddies.

:reject:

I took my little 3 year old to see them a few months ago. Not quite like being in the Heart....but fun nonetheless!

YAY Veggies!!!! :heart: :yes:

I love those guys, they're adorable....I heard that they're even popular on college campuses, on tshirt/hats, etc.

They're wholesome too, not full of all the sex, drugs, and bad language that's in most movies... :tsk:

Discoteque said:
I heard that they're even popular on college campuses

That's how I found out about them, a friend invited me over a few years ago for a Veggie Veg Out party - I was hooked after the first one we watched (Where's God When I'm Scared) :)

Back
Top Bottom