any tips? on how to protect? at this sh*tty time of year...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Right, thats the fifth person, two from down in dept behind me off with 'Stomach bug' or so...............any tips on how I can possibly prevent myself from getting it?

or course u may say avoid being too close, but perhaps in a day I pass these pple 4 or 5 times.........plus Im out in an area on my own a lot.

I also am eating bits of garlic as Im a believer it fights fights fights! However, past two nights slacked in taking it so will take 1 full clove tonight.....

and ya, I wash my hands a LOT!

any other tips? perhaps others can learn from?

Im not being paranoid, its just.......with the way I am, I cant afford to have a bug and lose more weight!

(Im eating fine though)

so like.....while ur all muffling ur laughter..........give a good tip....share.........

mine is eat garlic! dont mush it either......swallow bits of it whole..

;)

My mum always tells me to make sure I eat healthily and take vitamins etc because that means that your immune system is strong enough to fight off illnesses you might otherwise get sick with.

And....um, garlic? D'ya reckon it works if you eat it in food instead of just like swallowing cloves of garlic? 'Cause I can eat huge amounts of garlic bread but I don't think I could face eating actual garlic ;)

flu shot

do they give the flu shot in ireland? they usually have clinics for it here in maine..but we have rougher winter weather here than you do.

ive always found that getting out and walkin in the bad weather makes you a little more resilient to it as well. makes you "heartier stock" ANY excercise will improve your immune system.

I always wondered about that Carrie, flu jabs are available to elderly, very young and diabetic more.......

I have found now, first time walking as long as 1 hr, for the (gulp) first time in like 3 years from having the car.....has made me feel a LOT healthier and happier....its amazing..

The break in between the cars has helped immensely, I have walked three days for over an hour in wet windy weather.......and felt great!!!!!!!

:happy: ;)

oh and the garlic ting, no, Im serious, heres waht I do.....after I eat I take a clove, and cut it in 2/3 and fry for a bit to reduce the bitterness, then, cut dead small and swallow with water, like u would a tablet................hey, it works for me!

:D

walk to the point that you feel ok ...like 30 min...dont walk to the point where ya wear yourself out..
everything is hills here so i walk for half an hour and im good...any longer than that and i wish i hadn't

ps...is that guy on your sig. "leo" from ballykissangel..?

:wave: Carrieluv

*puts Carrieluv in a wheelbarrow and pushes her up a hill*

:D

Leo? Oh, its Jimmy Nesbitt, I dont tink he was in Ballykiss......:confused:, he was in Cold Feet........hes a top fav in here in Belfast.....:D I got to meet him once!

:)

Last edited:
jimmy nesbitt

yep i was gonna say hes on "cold feet" as well..we get that show o'er here too.

on ballykissangel
he played assumptah's old college flame..but when he learned that she loved being a publican more than someone's loveslave he gave up and went back to being a hardcore reporter-

he was also in " go now" with robert carlyle.

home_kid.gif

Flu shots are only good for like 2-3 very specific strains of flu... not the common gastrointestinal flu like most get. My doctor told me all this yesterday as he jabbed me in the arm... :crack: Made me wonder why the hell i was there then. :crazy:

Just don't tongue any strangers maddie. :ohmy:

all good advice( except maybe for a couple a bits there, but you'll sort those out)
echinacea is meant to be an excellent immune system booster, but I was told to only take it periodically, not continually.
Vit C , great one, as much as you can afford.
someone was telling me"olive leaf extract' for a total boost, someone was telling me cell salts, someone was telling me(what was that dreadful fungus brew..kombucha!!!:madspit: :madspit: )someone was telling me get the mercury amalgam out of my teeth, someone was telling me......I hear and read it all.
Some of it is no doubt benefical. It's hard to know which though and a lot of it is expensive. I soldier on.
I did treat myself to some acidophilus capsules when I had a dreadful stomach bug a couple of weeks ago. One billion cells in 60 capsules apparently.I really think it helped.
good luck.

Back
Top Bottom