any Soccer fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bayernfc

Refugee
....I'm sure there are many of you here.....but I haven't posted in here before so I wouldn't know (so count this as survey/first post in "put 'em under pressure":wink: )

ok to list my fave clubs....AC milan, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern Munchen and Real....

it's not really about the clubs;)
--Natalie

Last edited:
I love Soccer. It's big with kids in Minnesota but we only have an amateur team. The Minnesota Thunder...woohoo.

There used to be a cable station that played Soccer 24/7 and it was mainly English teams. I used to watch it all the time. My favorite teams were Newcastle United, Arsenal, Blackburn Rovers, and Tottenham Hotspurs. (The last two, I think I really just liked the names.....:shrug: but I still watched their games)

This was about 8 years ago so I haven't really kept up with any of the teams since I don't have access to watching the games. I was very sad when they change that station to something other than soccer :sad:

yes, i am a fan :D

as far as favorite teams well that has not been decided on. i have been following the english premiership all season and i am still undecided as far as who i like. i only wish atlanta had an MLS team here. :slant:

anyway, i grew up in a soccer home. i played it and my brother's played it. my younger brother played soccer throughout college and almost went pro. but decided against it for various reasons. anyway so yeah i have been a fan since i was a kid.

you just like looking at the hot soccer players

like your brother

you're sick

that's nice ..... i didn't even know they're coming to LA.......

I can't keep up with the games either , every Sat. morning they show some games of English Premier League and then there's the Latino/Italian channel that sometimes shows Calcio matches.....Damn it ...i need satellite!!:D

For me it's Feyenoord all the way! :up:

Unfortunately they didn't do that well this year in Europe, but hopefully they can reach the Champions League for next season.

C ya!

Marty

Hmmm, well only 1.5 hours til the big match!

will it be a cakewalk for Real again or will Man U finally up a credible fight??

I can only dream of the latter I think...

Go Man U!!!

I like MAN U, bayern, newcastle, sometimes aston villa, AC milan ..thos teams are the games we usually get on TV here.

Its Magpies for me, mate! (To those who dont know its Newcastle Utd's nickname)

They have a brilliant manager in Sir Bobby Robson, a brilliant young player in Jermaine Jenas, a brilliant striker in Alan Shearer! SHEARERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! And they have the most amazing supporters in the world!

Ive only one complaint, mind..... I havent seen Magpies win anything since I started following the team when I was 5.

So HAWAY THE LADS, MAN!

:D

dougal

PS oh and by the way I cant, I repeat, I cant stand MAN U! Come on, Arsenal... get yer ar*e off the floor and win the premiership!

Yes, thanks for stealing Ambrose off us for a million quid. :) No, just kidding, I guess in hindsight it's better than going down the road of Fiorentina and getting nothing. Full credit to Robson though, I see the Mags winning the Prem in a couple of years time. Stepping into Sir Alan's shoes may be a bit of trouble though, I watched the Sunderland game on telly here and I unfortuantely wasn't too impressed with the performance.

soccer is the only real and serious sport. but please dont call it that way. football, or better, voetbal

best club ever? thats veeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy easy:

ajax

soccer is the only real and serious sport. soccer and salsa.

Soccer is pretty cool. I'm a fan.

It's sad that I find it about 1205679838593 times more exciting than basketball/baseball these days.

Flaming Friar Sr said:

You got to be kidding, right? :tongue:

soccer is the only real and serious sport. soccer and salsa.

The best soccer players in the world, are dancers. Well, I don't think I make much of a soccer player!
Bono, before Mysterious Ways (Ahoy, Rotterdam, 15-06-1992)

C ya!

Marty (who thinks that Ajax players, and particularly Van Damme, are :censored: )

I play!

I love the sport, and wish I played it as a youth.

Fox Sports World here in the States is pretty much a "world football" channel. I used to have it, and want it back... :(

I don't have any favorites - and I'll watch just about any of them.

Back
Top Bottom