Any Snowboarders out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
gherman said:
Its good if you don't do it much but Utah has better powder and the slopes are harder, steeper and faster:drool:

This is the first year I have a helmut, I've knocked my head a few times pretty bad. I'm one of the older people on the slopes so I have the drive but still a fear. I would still like to go out west though. :wink:

JCOSTER said:

Most people are either or...:wink: rarely do meet someone who does both.

My wife does both and my best freind does too. My wife is awesome on skiis. She does teli also. Shes better than me on skiis but I kick her ass on a board:wink: We got over 18 inches that last week so it is time to pack up for the weekend and hit the pow-pow.

randhail said:
My favorite bumper sticker: If skiing was easy, it'd be called snowboarding.

Needless to say, I'm a skier. :wink:

Most of the lifetime skiers I know are affraid to get on a board:wink:

Boarding has a steep learning curve. Its harder the first few times to board but you get really good really fast.

randhail said:
My favorite bumper sticker: If skiing was easy, it'd be called snowboarding.

Needless to say, I'm a skier. :wink:

No, no, no! :tsk:

It's "Tele: If it were easy, they'd have to call it snowboarding"! :yes:

It's all about Tele-skiing... :wink:

People are trying to persuade me to free my heel, but I still have much to work on with my alpine technique. If anything, I'd switch over to Alpine Touring gear to make backcountry skiing more accessible.

How long has your heel been freed? Do you stick mainly to backcountry?

gherman said:

Most of the lifetime skiers I know are affraid to get on a board:wink:

Boarding has a steep learning curve. Its harder the first few times to board but you get really good really fast.

Hard with alot of bumps and black & blues! :huh:

randhail said:
People are trying to persuade me to free my heel, but I still have much to work on with my alpine technique. If anything, I'd switch over to Alpine Touring gear to make backcountry skiing more accessible.

How long has your heel been freed? Do you stick mainly to backcountry?

My heels have been free for... :hmm:... 10 years now! :D Only did one year of alpine skiing before I switched to Tele - and I would never EVER go back! :drool:

Actually, I don't ski much backcountry (had a nasty fall once in the backcountry that scared me a bit! :yikes: ) - I love skiing on the piste, especially when I can go fast... and show of my turns to alpine skiers that look like ---> :shocked:! :giggle: :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom