Any skiers here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

randhail

Rock n' Roll Doggie
What are you skiing on this season? Where have you been? Any big trips planned?

I'm skiing Atomic Supercross SX9s for the groomers and have recently ordered a pair of Elan Magfire 12s for pow and crud. I've been to Killington, Mount Snow, and Bretton Woods so far this year in New England. Not sure if I'll be able to go West this year. Went out to Tahoe last year for the first time and it was :drool:

Not skiing this spring (see the red date in my sig) but normally we go every year. Just came back into the "Colorado" fold last year after six consecutive years at Whistler. We've done Breck, Winter Park, Steamboat and Vail. Vail is best but getting too expensive for us.

BTW I am a skiier but my husband is a knuckle dragger.

Skis: K2 "Shes Piste '05"

Bindings: G3 "Targa" (w/ 20mm shims)

Boots: Garmont "Venus"

Yes, I ski telemark! :wink:

No big trips planned this season (lived in Norway last season, so...), just a week in Norway - actually I'm leaving on sunday! :hyper:

I loved to go skiing in USA! :drool:

would love to ski, we have wonderful mountains. but don´t have the time right now. will go up to the mountains again sometime in spring i guess.

I'd have to look up the exact model names but I use:

Skiis: Elan
Bindings: Marker
Boots: Nordica

I'm not a particularly good skier. I have quite a bad fear of heights which in retrospect should have been a good sign, lol.

I've been to a couple of places in Slovenia and I've been to Innsbruck, as well as a couple of Canadian places. I'd love to go to Whistler/Blackcomb, my Mom loved it there.

Merc said:
Skis: K2 "Shes Piste '05"

Bindings: G3 "Targa" (w/ 20mm shims)

Boots: Garmont "Venus"

No big trips planned this season (lived in Norway last season, so...), just a week in Norway - actually I'm leaving on sunday! :hyper:

I loved to go skiing in USA! :drool:

tele skiing looks like a lot of fun, but a whole lot of work too. A friend of mine does it and says it's really tough on the quads. I'd like to try it, but have many things improve in my alpine technique.

Merc said:
You crazy!

I've never tried it, but talking to a few very experienced skiers who have, they say it's pretty difficult to get used to.

Personally, I don't think I'll be skiing this year. 12 months from now I'd like to be out in Breckenridge though.

I fractured two of my vertabrae last time I went skiing. I kinda wandered to the restricted area...

Haven't been since, but definately would like to.

randhail said:
tele skiing looks like a lot of fun, but a whole lot of work too. A friend of mine does it and says it's really tough on the quads. I'd like to try it, but have many things improve in my alpine technique.

It really is a lot of fun! :D I've been tele skiing for 8 years now and I would never ever return to alpine skiing... and I may have to warn you - if you ever try tele, theres a good chance you won't return to your alpine skis again! :wink:

It's difficult to explain why I feel this way about tele, but I think it has got to do with that special feeling of 'freedom' (don't know what else to call it) that you get - I :heart: it! :drool:

But, as you say - it is a tough form of skiing... especially my knees are not always happy when I come home after a whole day of tele skiing! :huh: It's tough plus you have to practice very much to get the technique right - but it's all worth it! :wink:

cleazer said:

You crazy!

You telling me I'm crazy? :madwife:

:wink:

I'm a boarder that lives in Boulder, CO now. So far this year I've done A-Basin, Breck, Winter park(MAry Jane kicks ass), Loveland Pass, berthid(SP?) pass, Keystone, Vail (Ihave the 3 park pass!)

ski nordica suv 14
bindings marker no312ti
nordica boots.......guess i like nordica! always have
also have a burton freeride snow board etc. no snow outside at the mo :ohmy:

gherman said:
I'm a boarder that lives in Boulder, CO now. So far this year I've done A-Basin, Breck, Winter park(MAry Jane kicks ass), Loveland Pass, berthid(SP?) pass, Keystone, Vail (Ihave the 3 park pass!)

Which one is your favorite place in Colorado? I'd like to get out there just not sure where. I know Vail is the king, but it's also the king of prices. Have you ever been to Steamboat or Telluride?

Merc said:

Isn't that the place they call "To-hell-you-ride"? :laugh:

Not sure, it could be though. I know a few places that still hold out against snowboarding like Mad River Glen in VT and Deer Valley in Utah.

Yeah:madspit: ...its suppose to be freezing here on Sunday though...probably too cold up on Cannon....Franconia Notch is awesome:love: but really weird at the same time.....I actually think they probably got snow instead of rain...hasn't been that warm here...maybe your weekend can be saved?:wink:

Dismantled said:
Yeah:madspit: ...its suppose to be freezing here on Sunday though...probably too cold up on Cannon....Franconia Notch is awesome:love: but really weird at the same time.....I actually think they probably got snow instead of rain...hasn't been that warm here...maybe your weekend can be saved?:wink:

The cold doesn't really bother me too too much. I've been up at Sugarloaf on many "holy f'ing crap it's cold" days. Hopefully they did/will get snow and it won't be a sheet of ice come sunday when the temps drop. Keeping fingers crossed for the weekend.

I've been to Franconia a couple times to see the Old Man of the Mountain (before he crumbled), it's a nice area. What is weird about the area?

Back
Top Bottom