Any People Think Were Freaks For...... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2005, 04:45 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 02:40 PM
Any People Think Were Freaks For......

lining up 12 hours or so before a show - get aload of these freaks:

'Star Wars' fans wait at wrong theater
Studio says film will open May 19 at ArcLight, not Chinese
Wednesday, April 6, 2005 Posted: 4:17 PM EDT (2017 GMT)

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- "Star Wars" fans will have to find the right theater before they can leave for the dark side.

Seven weeks before its release, "Star Wars" fanatics started lining up outside Grauman's Chinese Theater for the sixth installment of the popular George Lucas movie series. The vigil began Saturday.

But there's a problem: "Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith" won't be showing at the Hollywood landmark when the movie is released May 19. The studio, 20th Century Fox, opted instead to open the film a mile away at the ArcLight theater.

Still, the resolute "Star Wars" die-hards aren't moving on. Beneath a makeshift awning, 11 people refused to relinquish their spots in line.

"We've heard all this before," fan Sarah Sprague said, noting there were plenty of rumors in 1999 and 2002 that previous "Star Wars" movies weren't opening at the Chinese Theater. The rumors were false and the films were shown there.

Fox and the ArcLight haven't completed their "Star Wars" deal, but executives on both sides told Daily Variety "Revenge of the Sith" will play at the ArcLight, not the Chinese.

Yet Sprague was adamant the line wouldn't be moving to the ArcLight.

"This is still the epicenter for 'Star Wars' fans. For the big iconic pictures of the 1970s, people lining up were here. They weren't at the Cinerama Dome (at the ArcLight)," Sprague said.

Lucas' final "Star Wars" chapter spells out the last dark steps the once goodhearted young Anakin Skywalker takes to become the villain Darth Vader.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:47 PM   #2
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:40 PM
LOL! Ahh, hey... It's a tradition with Star Wars fans. No one will ever top the SW freaks! No one!

Even though I do consider myself a big SW fan (of the original trilogy), I personally wouldn't do the lining up thing.

Old 04-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
War Child

Me neither and I am really looking forward to this movie
Old 04-06-2005, 04:55 PM   #4
Acrobat

Local Time: 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Desert Dog
Me neither and I am really looking forward to this movie
Yeah, it looks like it'll definitely be better than the last two. Then again, that won't be hard. LOL! (Yes, I have no love for the first 2 prequels, can you tell? heh)
Old 04-06-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
War Child

After his transition to the Dark Side, hopefully Vader's 1st task from the Emperor will be to off Jar Jar Binks
Old 04-06-2005, 05:13 PM   #6
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:40 PM
The two prequals were horrible! My good friend works for Lucas and says this one is a lot better thoughy, so there is still hope...
Old 04-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
War Child

Local Time: 04:40 PM
I almost posted this one earlier! It makes a 12 hour wait for a U2 show seem pretty tame. (Not to mention you can walk into the theatre the next day and see it without taking seven weeks off work...)
Old 04-06-2005, 05:33 PM   #8
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by tkramer
I almost posted this one earlier! It makes a 12 hour wait for a U2 show seem pretty tame. (Not to mention you can walk into the theatre the next day and see it without taking seven weeks off work...)
i'm not sure they'd have a job after taking seven weeks off to wait for a movie
Old 04-06-2005, 05:42 PM   #9
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stingray
The two prequals were horrible! My good friend works for Lucas and says this one is a lot better thoughy, so there is still hope...
I think I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed the two prequels but finds the three originals get a bit tedious and tiresome. Whenever I watch those three, I soon find my mind wandering and need to get up and do something more interesting.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-06-2005, 06:10 PM   #10
Acrobat

They all bore me to no end now, but hopefully this new one will be good
Old 04-06-2005, 06:44 PM   #11
War Child

a group from work went to see that last one on opening day and one of my co-workers starts clapping at the end of the movie!!

Sorry but I do not clap at movies - only for real live performances - concerts, plays, street performers in Picadilly, etc.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:44 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I think I'm the only person on the planet who enjoyed the two prequels but finds the three originals get a bit tedious and tiresome. Whenever I watch those three, I soon find my mind wandering and need to get up and do something more interesting.
Like research the last time U2 played Drowning Man before SBS on a June Tuesday in North America on the same day Reggie Jackson hit a home run for the Yankees AND Nolan Ryan struck out five or more batters to crush some lousy troll's post on the Setlist Forum!

Ahh... just kidding Axver, you are Setlist Yoda --- a person of endless research skills that we all seek for U2 Truth after we fail on the Dark Side of U2 Innacuracy.

Old 04-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #13
The Fly

I heard if you bought your ticket during the StarWars.com pre-sale, they'll scan your ticket and you might be a lucky winner that gets a wristband which lets you watch the movie in a Han Solo outfit.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:45 PM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 05:40 PM
This is a good time ot reference the Geek Hierarchy...
Old 04-11-2005, 01:41 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Local Time: 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by tkramer
True...but since I work at a movie theater...I'm the one who really has to suffer! Man.....man....I really am not looking forward to that midnight relase...if that.