Any of you college kids ever have to use Turnitin.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
this has got to be the stupidest thing and the world's biggest waste of time. sure, it's nice that it's supposed to prevent cheating and all, but it's taken me more time to create a log-in and send it my paper than it did for me to actually write the damn thing.

:rolleyes:

Honestly, is it that difficult to detect plagiarism? I used to grade papers and I could smell it miles away.
What a waste of time. I guess everyone is a liar now.

Also, one of my professors last semester passed out a paper saying that if more than 3 words are the same it's considered plagiarism.
Um... so what if I use the phrase: "This is because the ..."
STOLEN! :wink:

dandy said:
turnitin.com? surely you jest.

:crack:

did you by chance read the essay requirements thingy? that kind of said it all. it's sort of like the biology class with the pictures of the punk rock lymphoma cells, or the anthropology computer program (i wish i still had the screen caps of that thing. talk about moronic).

i'd be very happy to wake up and find it was all a dream. not only would it mean turnitin.com doesn't exist, but it would also mean i got some sleep last night :|

i think it's because the professors don't actually read the papers. neither do the TAs. so they need a computerized way to detect whether we did our own work rather than do the work themselves.

yeah, i read that. i thought you were in university, not kindergarten.

:twitch:

the good news is that this will all be but a bad memory very soon. :up:

Back
Top Bottom