any of you been to central asia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
any of you ever been to kazakstan, kyrgyzstan, tajikistan, turkmenistan, or uzbekistan?

if so what was it like?

i imagine that area to be most unlike any other on this planet. very desolate, huge sky - a lot like the prairies where i'm from.

and yet, of course, totally different.

if you've been, please share your experience and pictures.

and if you don't know what i mean, go to google, type in ta7ikistan and look at the pictures that pop up.

it's like it's straight from a video game or something.

huge, HUGE valleys...

none of you deserve to post in this thread.

unless you all of a sudden decide to go the countries mentioned in my original post.

otherwise, bow your heads in shame.

Zoomerang96 said:
none of you deserve to post in this thread.

unless you all of a sudden decide to go the countries mentioned in my original post.

otherwise, bow your heads in shame.

I have a relative (19 year old guy) who seriously wants to go to Uzbekistan, also Russia and other eastern European countries. He is looking for cheap deals and somebody to travel with. Sounds like a buddy for you.

how about azerbaijan?

i don't know why i'm asking. i've never been there either.

why do you ask?

Are you planning on going?

What is the purpose of your visit? Business or leisure?

When will you be returning?

Did you bring any gifts?

Who are you staying with? What is there name? What is their address? What is their phone number?

look zone, if all you wanna do is brag about yourself, then do it somewhere else.

but if you want to ask me questions, then do it accordingly, but for shit sakes - enough about you!

iwasbored, that country interests me too...the southern caucauses. or however you spell it.

Zoomerang96 said:
look zone, if all you wanna do is brag about yourself, then do it somewhere else.

but if you want to ask me questions, then do it accordingly, but for shit sakes - enough about you!

no self-bragging in this thread...just preparing you for customs!

When are you going? What is you rmission.

Seriously...you have had the opportunity to go to some interesting places so far...and these seem like equally, if not more, interesting places!

It would have to be one of the wierdest regions of the world, and not only cause of the wierdness of the names of the countries.

Kyrgystan anyone?

All are ex-Soviet countries that have somewhat struggled to prosper on the international scene.

I actually saw a documentary about Turkmenistand and it is supposedly ruled by a fascist dictatorship, where elections are only window dressing and are pretty much rigged by one man who is supposedly Hitler-like or Pol Pot-like.

The region is in needs of significant international help due to their unsavoury and unstable political circumstances. (and no Mr Bush that does not mean illegally invading these countries.)

I'd like to go there one day...

Incidentally, Uzbekistan were unlucky not to qualify for Germany 2006. They won the first leg against Bahrain 1-nil, but there was a protest and the match had to be replayed. Bahrain eventually won the rematch and the playoff, only to lose a spot in the World Cup to T&T several weeks later.

zonelistener said:

no self-bragging in this thread...just preparing you for customs!

When are you going? What is you rmission.

Seriously...you have had the opportunity to go to some interesting places so far...and these seem like equally, if not more, interesting places!

yeah, i was only kidding...

i have no mission...and i have no opportunity to go there. but ONE day...i'll take NW airlines, a direct flight from winnipeg to the asias!

if you would only focus your attention
a little to the south
and a little to the east
of ta7ikistan,
i'd gladly show you some huge HUGE mountains [well, average-sized to be quite honest].
and i guarantee they're unlike anything you'd ever seen back in the prairies where you're originally from.

Last edited:
woah woah woah woah woah.

woah.

woah.

woah woah...woah.

woah.

what are you saying?

woah...

you've gotta elaborate for me now.

None of those countries, but a former boss of mine just told me a couple of weeks ago that years ago he went to Georgia and he was surprised by how good their wineries were. For what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom