Any Nine Inch Nails fans???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
Just wondering how many of you are into Nine Inch Nails. I've been a fan since about 1991 when I heard Pretty Hate Machine for the first time. Personally I think PHM is still far and away Trent's best album. I had kinda grown a bit tired of his efforts after The Fragile but I liked With Teeth. I saw them last November in Edmonton and though it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Anyways just wanted to see who else here digs them.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to do this here or not but if anyone's interested here's site you might like. It's kind of in it's infancy so it's still a bit slow but the more people who join the better it'll get. Cheers
http://s12.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Below/index.php?act=idx

Last edited:
probably my favorite band at the moment (that changes pretty often, though). saw them last month when they played here (amherst, MA). totally blew me away. i was a big fan around when the fragile came out, my sophmore year of high school. i loved that record. i moved on to other bands, and really wasn't interested when w_t came out. heard "the hand that feeds" on the radio, thought it was lame. only bought a ticket to the show because it was within walking distance (umass campus, i could walk down from my dorm to go to the show) and for nostalgia purposes. the show was originally scheduled for the 27th of february, but was postponed because reznor was sick. as bad as it sounds, i was really glad. i was sick, too, and i had an exam that night. ended up skipping the exam because i felt like the walking dead, and had to drop the class, but the point is that i almost sold my ticket. i went when it was scheduled for the 10th of march, and 20 seconds into their set i was sold. nin = fucking awesome. i only knew about half the songs because i never bought broken, didn't have w_t or the live album, and hadn't listened to the downward spiral of pretty hate machine in several years.

i had to go buy a copy of with teeth afterwards. that's a really good record. i really like it a lot. the fragile is still my favorite of all time. but i've gotten into the downward spiral more (wasn't too much of a fan back in high school) just in the last few weeks. and i finally own a copy of broken.

my best friend moved out to colorado, and i'm currently plotting to visit her in combination with catching the nin show at red rocks at the end of may.

I missed them in Austin a couple weeks ago, so I was happy to hear they're gonna swing around for some summer dates. I'll get to see then in Dallas in early June and see what the hell IWB is going so nutty over. :wink:

And I get to see Jeordie White again since he's playing bass for them right now

APC :drool:

i never got into APC. i tried, i used to have a copy of mer de noms, but i didn't really like it.

i'm consulting allmusic.com, which lists josh freese as APC's drummer - now playing drums for nin on tour in jerome dillon's place.

IWasBored said:

i'm consulting allmusic.com, which lists josh freese as APC's drummer - now playing drums for nin on tour in jerome dillon's place.

That I did not know. I know Josh had gone out doing drum work for Sting for awhile, but didn't have any clue about this.

Bonochick said:

No need for the sarcasm. Be nice. :shame:

Well, considering the Band Index, I thought it was kinda funny and called for.

BTW, I think "Only" was one of the best songs of 2005. :drool:

bsp77 said:

Well, considering the Band Index, I thought it was kinda funny and called for.

BTW, I think "Only" was one of the best songs of 2005. :drool:

i thought it was funny when i said in another thread a few days ago.

"only" is way too good. it shouldn't be, that groove/riff/beat whatever you want to call it, that should be some horrible cheesy thing. but it's not. well, maybe it is, but it's awesome. its awesomeness eclipses the cheesiness. and tell me this isn't ridiculously funny:
http://trentreznor.ytmnd.com/

you couldn't resist posting that over here, could you? :lol:

i'm a big nin fan from way back. i hadn't listened to them in awhile, but IWB's post-concert enthusiasm was contagious. or possibly infectious, depending on who you ask.

broken :drool:

you kidding? i'm amazed this thread even got to a second page before i posted it. :p

i still think it's fucking hilarious, no matter what teethy says.

did you ever listen to that weird-ass bluegrass remix? i'll see if i can dig up the myspace link for here. that was fucking odd. some of the timings were off, and it lost its novelty about halfway through, but it was quite amusing if not totally frightening.

UberBeaver said:
Going to see them in June (?) at Jone's Beach. Looking forward to it, and Bauhaus is opening. How goth is that?

I think my girl Peaches is also playing that show!

peaches scares the hell out of me. that's part of the reason i'd rather go out to colorado than see either the connecticut or mansfield, MA show. while i don't really care for tv on the radio, i'd rather see them open than peaches.

bauhaus, though. i believe the correct term is "gothtastic."

Back
Top Bottom