Any NIN fans around here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siren

Acrobat
Come out where ever you are....

Why did you start listening to Nin?
Fave Album?
Fave Songs?
Favorite Videos?
Favorite Lyrics?

My favorite album:
The Downward Spiral.

Fave Songs:
Hurt, Ruiner, Sin, Head Like A Hole, Terrible Lie, Gave Up, The Perfect Drug, Star:censored:ers Inc, The Wretched

Fave Videos:
The Perfect Drug- beautiful video
Sin- Trent in a cage :drool:
Hurt
Closer

I only own The Downward Spiral, but I like it. That was the only album I ever bought while in middle school that I hid from my parents. :laugh:

Oh...I also agree that "The Perfect Drug" is a great video. I also just remembered that I have a CD single of that...all remixes...I don't recall caring for any of them very much. :slant:

Bonochick said:
Oh...I also agree that "The Perfect Drug" is a great video. I also just remembered that I have a CD single of that...all remixes...I don't recall caring for any of them very much. :slant:

I was so angry when I bought the single! :( I felt I was tricked. I thought the song was up there! I had to buy the Lost Highway soundtrack in order to get it. The soundtrack wasn't that bad. I love the David Bowie parts.

Bonochick said:
I only own The Downward Spiral, but I like it. That was the only album I ever bought while in middle school that I hid from my parents. :laugh:

When I first bought it when I was 17 I hid it from my mother too! :laugh:
My mom probably would think its just noise anyway.

I like Pretty Hate Machine. Oh, and Downward Spiral. Oh, and The Fragile.

I do prefer the live album, though. I don't know why, I do appreciate the nuances of their, or HIS, rather, studio stuff, but live is just :hyper:

Some of my fave Nin lyrics:

Gave Up

perfect little dream
the kind that hurts the most
forgot how it feels
well almost
no one to blame
always the same
open my eyes
wake up
wake up
wake up
wake up
wake up in flames
it took you to make me realize
it took you to make me see the light
smashed up my sanity
smashed up integrity
smashed up what i believed in
smashed up what's left of me
smashed up my everything
smashed up all that was true
gonna smash myself to pieces
i don't know what else to do
covered with hope and vaseline
still cannot fix this broken machine
watching the hole it used to be mine
just watching it burn in my steady systematic decline
of the trust i will betray
give it to me i throw it away
after everything i've done
i hate myself for what i've become

'Closer' and 'The Perfect Drug' are great videos, because Mark Romanek is a great director

I like NIN, I'm not fan

at one point or another, i've hated 90% of my favorite bands. a friend of mine made me listen to the downward spiral back when it came out, and i hated it based on the fact that it wasn't the beatles (the beatles were all i listened to at the time). when the fragile came out, i was listening to different things, and i borrowed a different friend's nin stuff, and for about 5 months they were my favorite band. not so much anymore, but i still like them.

not sure what my favorite album is. there are parts on all of them that would make me say they're my favorite.

bunch of favorite songs, too...

only video i saw was the one for 'closer'

favorite lyrics come from 'hurt'.

Why did you start listening to Nin?

The Perfect Drug.

Fave Album?

i only have the fragile, downward spiral, and all that could have been. i like the fragile and ds equally i think.

Fave Songs?

HURT!!!, closer, perfect drug, we're in this together

Favorite Videos?

they are all pretty cool.

Favorite Lyrics?

what have i become?
my sweetest friend
everyone i know
goes away in the end
you could have it all
my empire of dirt
i will let you down
i will make you hurt
if i could start again
a million miles away
i would keep myself
i would find a way

:drool:

big nin girl here. i found them back in high school (1993) when my boyfriend at the time sat me down in his bedroom and played 'something i can never have' for me, knowing that i would fall in love with it.

fave album: broken. trent at his angriest and loudest.

fave songs: something i can never have (obviously), sin, wish, happiness in slavery, physical, march of the pigs, the great below, into the void....

fave video: torn between wish and perfect drug

fave lyrics: happiness in slavery

*edited to add my love for 'i'm afraid of americans' with david bowie. cool video too.

Last edited:
Started listening to them around '92, right before Broken came out. My favorite album of his is TDS, a fucking sonic masterpiece along the lines of Pet Sounds or Sgt Peppers. A ukele played in kitchen sink? That's brilliant, he's got shit like that all over that album. Favorite songs? Uhh I don't know, Last, La Mer and Eraser among other more popular ones. Fav videos? Perfect Drug I suppose. Favorite lyrics? I don't know any specific off the top of my head that I would say are my favorite, The Becoming has some great stuff.

We had a party back in '94 for Woodstock and I can honestly say they blew every act off the stage by a country mile. Covered in mud baby, how incredible. Primus was #2 :)

Trent needs to get off his ass and make an album.

Future Releases:
Guns and Roses-Chinese Democracy
NIN-bleedthrough
January 17th, 2018 ;)

Yes Trent has to hurry up with this new album. Too many artists are trying to copy his work! I forgot to add The Big Comedown and I'm Afraid Of Americans (the video too) to my faves list. I need my Nin fix! I heard he performed Hurt with David Bowie during the Fragile tour. I was told its on the concert DVD.

Trent covered in mud :drool: :flirt:

dandy said:

i couldn't agree more. :drool:

interesting random fact: both bono and trent are 5 feet 6 inches tall.

I thought Bono was 5'7 or 5'8?
Maybe those shoes he wears adds to his height.

Larry, Bono and Trent covered in mud = priceless :drool:

you could be right on that, siren. apologies if i've wrongfully shortened bono.

i thought it was funny when i found out they were both... how shall i say... vertically challenged. in reality, i like my boys tall and scrawny, but i'd make exceptions for these two. :wink:

dandy said:
you could be right on that, siren. apologies if i've wrongfully shortened bono.

i thought it was funny when i found out they were both... how shall i say... vertically challenged. in reality, i like my boys tall and scrawny, but i'd make exceptions for these two. :wink:

Me too! In reality I like my men about 5'11 and up. Of course I always end up with the opposite of what I want. I always thought U2 were about 5'10 and up. Larry and I are the same height! Television and music videos have tricked me again!

Siren said:
Yes Trent has to hurry up with this new album. Too many artists are trying to copy his work! I forgot to add The Big Comedown and I'm Afraid Of Americans (the video too) to my faves list. I need my Nin fix! I heard he performed Hurt with David Bowie during the Fragile tour. I was told its on the concert DVD.

Trent covered in mud :drool: :flirt:

I was going to mention I'm Afraid of Americans, but it's a Bowie song.

Actually the video of Hurt w/David Bowie and Reeves Gabrels (his guitarist) is on Closure, which is actually the video package for the Downwards Spiral tour. When NIN opened for Bowie on the 95 tour. They would bring members of Bowies band on stage and NIN woud leave slowly, and vice versa. They were all on stage for the song Hallo Spaceboy (Bowie song) but they played parts of 6 or 7 songs. One of them is Hurt, and it's NIN w/Bowie singing and Gabrels playing some wicked guitar.

It's hauntingly beautiful, sadly, both Bowie and Cash did the song better than Trent did it, but he wrote it. I don't think he is much of a singer, but I still love NIN.

I have that on VHS, maybe the DVD if there is one, has more than that one performance, but that one by itself is worth the $15 or whatever I paid for it.

Back
Top Bottom