Any Metallica fans in the House?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SharkGoddess

Babyface
I love Metallica just as much as I love U2. They're both excellantly awesome bands. Anyone love them, like them? Tell me all about it.

By the way Rick Rubin is producing Metallica's next album.:drool:

I used to be a bigger fan of Metallica until I bought St. Anger in 2003 when it came out and gave it a spin. I don't even know where that CD is now!

Anyway, I like pretty much everything of theirs from 1983's Kill 'Em All to 1997's Reload. Love most of Garage Inc. too esp. their kickass version of Turn The Page which I think is better than the original! :rockon:

i love metallica, nin, rammstein, monster magnet and queens of the stone age because all those bands have balls :rockon:

metallica was my second favorite band back in the day, and i still love their older stuff

but load seemed to start their downward spiral (though I'm sure some people would argue it started with the black album) and after st anger i've pretty much given up all hope on them

what scares me is rick rubin produced st anger, and rick rubin is producing u2's new cd...

I liked \m/etallica up until the Black album., I hated that album and everything since. But the stuff before that is brilliant. Absolutely some of the best rock music ever created.

Last edited:
Chizip said:
what scares me is rick rubin produced st anger, and rick rubin is producing u2's new cd...

:ohmy:

I didn't realize Rick Rubin produced St. Anger! :yikes:

Wait... didn't Bob Rock produce St. Anger??? :scratch:

Chizip said:
metallica was my second favorite band back in the day, and i still love their older stuff

but load seemed to start their downward spiral (though I'm sure some people would argue it started with the black album) and after st anger i've pretty much given up all hope on them

Bob Rock actually produced St. Anger (and played bass on the album)

UnforgettableLemon said:

Bob Rock actually produced St. Anger (and played bass on the album)

That's what I thought... cos they were saying long time producer Bob Rock really screwed up with St. Anger giving it a tin can sound. :yuck: Wonder if Rubin can save Metallica now.

you know what, youre right

this post from u2popmofo is what messed me up

Rick Rubin? Quite honestly, this is the worst possible thing I've heard about the future of U2 in a long time. Rick, while legendary, has also pumped out some serious garbage in terms of rock in the last few years. Great, the guy who recently helped bring us Dixie Chicks, Weezer's "final" (and hands down worst) album, and the atrociously bad 'St. Anger' by Metallica. This is seriously awful news.

damn you u2popmofo!

well, i'm able to enjoy their music when in the right mood.

st. anger is shit.

the symphony & metallica dvd is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom