Any Gilmore Girls fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I never miss it....

Are Christopher and Lorelai not breaking your heart??? I can't stand it! (Part of me is furious and upset. She still has Luk,e but really. That could take years).

And JESS! In the words of my best friend..."He's such an asshole...but they're so perfect for each other!"

I'm a little Gilmore Girls obsessed...:reject: :up: :)

I love Gilmore Girls!!! It is such an amazing show and I never, ever miss an episode. I am so not a fan of Jess' but he was so right on when he and Rory had their little fight last night.

How great was Lorelei's dream last week?

i saw the episode where she bonded with grampa. I watch it off and on. I think I was watching during the commercials of another show that I watch that night. When does it come on again?

Oooh I adore this show. I don't watch it often but when I remember I tune in (I think it's on Mondays..?)

The writing is funny (not snobby/lame/sappy like Dawson's), the girls are great.

Not sure if these are the times across the country, but first season GG episodes are on Sundays at 7 (before Charmed) and new episodes are on Tuesdays at 8 (before Smallville) on the WB.

It's one of my favorite shows. :heart:

Did anyone catch the little dig directed at Bono by Paris in the season premiere? She said something to the effect of why was the government sending rock stars to do the work of politicians (in reference to Bono going to Africa with Paul O'Neill).

Last edited:
I love love loooooooove this show. I never miss it...cept for the freaking season premier last week!! :grumpy: But never again ;)

I'm really glad they're starting to show the old episodes again. I missed the first half of the first season, so now I can catch up. :)

Gilmore Girls!!!!! I love it!

i think Luke and Lorelai should be together. they look cute! i nearly had a heart attack watching the premeire cos i thought they were together... but then it tunred out to be a dream.....

:grumpy:

I think Dean needs to get a life/Paris scares me/Why is Rory wearing make-up now?

OOOhh...and how fabulous was Lorelai's nightgown (season premiere?) ...you had to see it to remember it....she even made a crack about it ;)

Jess WAS right to yell at Rory. She damn well deserves it. That girl needs to get her priorities set.

...Christopher!:sad:

I used to just watch a Gilmore Girls episode now and then (when I remembered it was on) but I'm really getting into it now that the WB is showing the first season episodes on Sunday nights. Lorelei and Rory are so frickin' cool! It's hard to believe such an intelligent, well-written show is on the WB network.

It's a great, great show.

I think Christopher is smarmy - never liked him much, but wanted to see him and Lorelai together for a while, so she gets him out of her system.

I LOVE that show!! It wasn't on this week, so I haven't seen any fight bw Rory and Jess... hmmm... don't you just hate Lorelai's parents??? They drive me INSANE. :crazy:

The thread back from page three

Bono just got a mention on the show. Just a little FYI for you all. You may continue with your lives now. Carry on. :Sexywink:

I like this show a lot; it's really cute, but I barely ever watch it :(

I really need a tv!!!! people are starting to get sick of me invading their rooms already :D

Re: The thread back from page three

ghetofabu said:
Bono just got a mention on the show. Just a little FYI for you all. You may continue with your lives now. Carry on. :Sexywink:

Did you also catch the other U2 reference on last night's show? One of the writers must be a U2 fan, because there are so many references to them on the show.:yes:

I think the husband and wife team who write the majority of the episodes are U2 fans. I've heard 3-4 U2/Bono references in the last year.

I only caught that part of the show. Buffy is on at the same time and I watch Gilmore Girls during Buffy commercials.

It's a great show. I look forward to it every week.

It's the only show on that network I watch.

Yeah, they definitely have a Bono /U2 fan amongst their writers!

:yes:

I thought of this thread when I heard the Bono references.

LORELAI: Lane can't quit the band! She has to get famous and introduce me to Bono!

---------------

DAVE; This band is supposed to be a democracy, like U2, the Stones...

LANE: Democracy is overrated.

(Or something to that effect)

GG is THE show all three of us watch together (my wife, my daughter and I). I love Lane -- her musical taste is awesome! She has GOT to break free from her mom.

Actually, L&R have great musical taste, also. They are all very cool. The only criticism I could make about GG is that sometimes the best thing about it could at times be its weakness (sometimes the dialog is a bit TOO snappy too often). Yeah, L's parents are a pain, but they are GREAT -- especially her mom. You can definitely see how the writers hint at where L gets her sense of humor gene. She is a sly wit.

And the U2 references are CONSTANT! My wife and daughter roll their eyes at me every time there's another one (which seems like at least once per episode these days). I just get giddy. I'd really like to find out who are the U2 fans in the show -- if it's just the main writers, or the actors, etc.

Hey, maybe one day we'll see them go to a U2 concert, like that Bangles concert they went to :D

Mark Freedman said:

Actually, L&R have great musical taste, also. They are all very cool. The only criticism I could make about GG is that sometimes the best thing about it could at times be its weakness (sometimes the dialog is a bit TOO snappy too often). Yeah, L's parents are a pain, but they are GREAT -- especially her mom. You can definitely see how the writers hint at where L gets her sense of humor gene. She is a sly wit.

I totally agree. About all of that. I actually really like how they do Lorelai's relationship with her parents. They totally don't get each other, but you can tell there's love there.

Hey, can someone let me know what happened this week? I was out when it was on and I taped the wrong show. :(

Back
Top Bottom