Any Garth Brooks fans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been listening to a lot of Garth lately. I know, you can say he's not real country, blah blah blah. But the man has an amazing voice, and his songs are very good. Even the ones that do come across as a bit too "yee-haw" I enjoy. I think his best song is "Ireland".
smile.gif

Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon:
I think his best song is "Ireland".
smile.gif
Can't stand him to be honest, makes me sick, but he was huge here a few years back, remember he did this revolutionary gig at Croke Park here, huge! All the inbred hicks and boggers just love him, he was just huge, maybe that's why he did a song bout Ireland, ick...

Actually, most of the inbred hicks where I live don't like him, not true enough to the redneck state of mind. After all, it's a bit taboo for country artist to do songs supporting interracial and homosexual relationships. I think that his openmindedness is part of what i like about him.

Yeah I like him, he's very talented and seems like a great person. He's defenitely and okie too, you can tell. He is from Yukon, Okla., and they have a street named after him in that town. Of course, like every okie who has good sense, once he achieved success he got the hell away from here
biggrin.gif

I believe he said the most difficult concert he ever put on was back here in his home state.

Actually, most of the inbred hicks where I live don't like him, not true enough to the redneck state of mind. After all, it's a bit taboo for country artist to do songs supporting interracial and homosexual relationships. I think that his openmindedness is part of what i like about him.

Hehe, good reply!
biggrin.gif
Yeah, I was kinda going over the top with that, just not my cup of tea, country music makes me spew, but Garth isn't a bad ol' skin
tongue.gif

Lol pub crawler!

hehe, same here! i live in memphis, and it's the same here. the only person i know of who doesn't fit this mold is a friend of mine. but then again, she probably doesn't know what 90% of his songs are about.

Weeel doggie he's my second favorite after U2 and I listed him in my profile! Ain't much to look at but he's got a voice on him. My favorite song is Baton Rouge. He's a talented man!

------------------
I'm a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll.

Back
Top Bottom