Any fans of "The Porcupine Tree" on this board

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there's a guy on here who's obsessed with them, i think he's named acro--oh wait, that's you.

:wink:

I like them, I wish I had more of Wilson's stuff, I am just a poor soul who can't afford to experiment on albums I don't already know are good. I use to buy albums just at suggestions, but can't do that anymore.

I have only one Porcupine CD, and I have to say it is EXCELLENT.
I struggle to think of the name, it is the latest one, not the one just released.

You've inspired me to put In Absentia on again. I think The Sound Of Muzak is one of the greatest songs ever made. Bloody fantastic band, even if I only have that one CD. Recommend more to me!

Axver said:
Recommend more to me!

"Lightbulb sun" is a MUST but it is difficult to get - be it London, Paris or Rome.

"On the sunday of life" is also good :up: Try nine cats... well i dont know what to recommend and what not to ..because they are all excellent..

Trying to get "stupid dream" myself.

IN ABSENTIA is just :drool: .. .i looooooooooooooove all the songs.. but if i were to rank it..it would be

14) Wedding Nails
13) Strip The Soul
12) Gravity Eyelids
11) Heartattack In A Lay By
10) Choloroform
9) Train
8) Drown
7) The Sound Of Muzak
6) .3
5) Lips Of Ashes
4) Blackest Eyes
3) The Creator Has A Mastertape
2) Collapse The Light Into Earth
1) Prodigal

- AcrobatMan

Bunbury said:
Has anyone heard the new one Deadwing? I haven't yet

It's supposed to be awesome. I havent heard it, or any of their other stuff.....

I downloaded the whole album from SoulSeek. I will however buy it when it's released in Canada (April 25). It's got some great songs but I think I still like "In Absentia" better. That may change on future listens though.

Hi Harry

I am the biggest fan of porcupine tree here.

I must have heard "collapse the light into earth" more than 500 times till date !! My other favorite from In absentia are .3, prodigal, blackest eyes, sound of muzak..well everything

I think we can be good friends ... :wink:

What do you think :sexywink:

AcrobatMan

Woo, thread resurrection!

I'll be in the States really soon and as I hear they have CDs much cheaper than here in Australia, I'll be on the lookout for some of that recommended stuff, and I'll also try to get my hands on Deadwing. I've heard from a few people that it's extremely good, including some who think it's better than In Absentia.

I've been on a total Porcupine Tree/Dream Theatre trip lately. :drool: Oh my goodness, this stuff is GOOD. :drool:

So how do these guys actually compare to Opeth? Any similarities, or none what so ever?

I've still never heard any of their work, read lots of buzz about their most recent album though.

While I was in the US, I managed to pick up Deadwing (I was also going to order in Lightbulb Sun before I ran out of cash!), and I put it on for the first time last night. What really struck me is how Lazarus is one of the most beautiful and brilliant songs I have ever heard. The album is worth the price for that song alone.

u2popmofo said:
So how do these guys actually compare to Opeth? Any similarities, or none what so ever?

I've still never heard any of their work, read lots of buzz about their most recent album though.

Not really similarities in music my inquizitive friend :wink: more like connections and friends.
Steve Wilson the leader of Porcupine Tree produced 3 of Opeth's album. Wilson was recruited by Mikael Akerfeldt because he's a huge PT fan. The closest to a PT influence sound in Opeth would be the Damnation album.

Look, porcupine tree!!!!

porcupine-in-tree.jpg

Back
Top Bottom