any fans of old Hollywood? :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_girlie_2002

War Child
I'm on a huge Jean Harlow kick right now. Thanks to one little special I saw on Turner Classic Movies back in August about her life I've been hooked. Fave movie of hers is Reckless. :) The thing that shocked me was how young she was what she dies: 26...gah...

anyway, any fans of old movies?

harlow3.jpg

i like old FILM, not necessary movies or tv. but you know, film that was shot at the turn of the century where it looks like everyone's moving really fast. it's all quite gothic in a way.

Last edited:
I love the old Hammer Horror films which mostly star Christoper Lee and Peter Cushing. I always look forward to the Halloween season because a lot those movies are shown on AMC.

i adore old black and white films. the old filmmakers knew how to infuse drama and suspense in a subtle, controlled way that we don't often see in the theatres these days. and the women were soooo glamourous--that is one amazing picture of jean harlow.

some of my favourite films:

rebecca (an old hitchcock film with lawrence olivier)
wuthering heights (lawrence olivier, again)
anna karenina
what ever happened to baby jane

and, anything with grace kelly in it. she's my favourite: to catch a thief, rear window, dial m for murder, country girl...

Last edited:
dandy said:

rebecca (an old hitchcock film with lawrence olivier)

what ever happened to baby jane

:up:

Two more of my faves.

I also adore Hitchcock movies.

Citizen Kane is a work of genius.

I find Charlie Chaplin movies absolutely charming.

Yankee Doodle Dandy (with an wonderful, if not out of the ordinary, perfomance by James Cagney) never fails to make me cry.

Back
Top Bottom