any dog lovers.... - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #31
Refugee

Local Time: 03:33 PM
I dogs! I couldn't exist without them. Right now I've got two, a gorgeous chocolate lab named Darcy and an adoreable (and obstinate) pekingese Piko.

My lab is 4 years old and the best companion I've had. She's so smart! I swear she understands every word I say.

Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 AM   #32
Refugee

Here's my baby (Darcy) cuddeling with my crippled kitty.

Old 04-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 PM

Baliana

(Bailey)
Old 04-28-2005, 04:05 PM   #34
Refugee

Local Time: 09:33 PM
deep.. that is a lovely dog.

i have 2 dogs...shelly a shepard/ husky mix with beautiful brown eyes and a brindle scottie named malcolm whose sporting a mohawk..pretty cool.
Old 04-28-2005, 04:08 PM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 PM
sheep + herd = shepherd

Old 04-28-2005, 04:15 PM   #36
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Baliana

(Bailey)

How cute!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:17 PM   #37
Blue Crack Supplier

Awwww SoBe! Your labrador is gorgeous!

And kitty too, of course! I totally cats&dogs!!
Old 04-28-2005, 04:28 PM   #38
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic
sheep + herd = shepherd

thanks dear...

actually....my shep herd kinda of looks like one of belgiuemamalg somefink things - we got her from the humane society down in jax fla.
the line of her back and the way her paws are and her skinny little waist- .....
she really could be part of one of those ...fer real man!
but her tail does curl upward
shes really wunnerfull........
Old 04-28-2005, 04:33 PM   #39
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by susanp6
Awwww SoBe! Your labrador is gorgeous!

And kitty too, of course! I totally cats&dogs!!
Thanks susan
Old 04-28-2005, 06:25 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Anyone else addicted to Petfinder?

Old 04-28-2005, 07:15 PM   #41
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
heh. the thing about the Belgian breeds is you have to keep them busy. They go bananas if they're going to be stuck in a house 10 hours a day with nothing to do... they're working dogs, they need to be doing things. This is true of the Tervuren, Malinois, and Groenendael.
I grew up with a Groenendael female, and more recently had to cope with my brother's utter failure with a male Groenendael pup who grew into an unpredictable, dangerous Jeckyll-and-Hyde personality because jackass sat on the computer all day and didn't walk or exercise the dog. I had started agility training with him and he was absolutely brilliant at it, but by the time the dog came into my care it was too late - he had become very aggressive towards any other dog or human, and despite working with the Tufts University behavioral clinic, a private trainer from my veterinarian, and medication (Clomicalm), he couldn't be saved and my heart is still broken.

If you have never owned or trained a dog before I strongly recommend you do not start with any of the Belgian sheepdogs. They are smart and loyal and beautiful and loving... and a very great deal of work and time and effort.

Right now all I have left for company is my ShepherdxLab, who misses Mali as much as the rest of us do, and her story is told in the pictures in the link below....
Old 04-28-2005, 07:37 PM   #42
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfeden

If you have never owned or trained a dog before I strongly recommend you do not start with any of the Belgian sheepdogs. They are smart and loyal and beautiful and loving... and a very great deal of work and time and effort.

Right now all I have left for company is my ShepherdxLab, who misses Mali as much as the rest of us do, and her story is told in the pictures in the link below....
My condolences for the loss of your pet. Thanks for the personal insight. The Malinois is my favorite dog, but I'll end up starting with something less driven, probably a young dog from the Humane Society. Someday when I have a house and more time and space you'll find me with a passel of belgians (and maybe some sheep for them)!

I took this test that tells you what kind of dog you should get, and the ones it picked for me were all my LEAST favorite types of dogs.

Sounds like you know a bit about dogs so what kind of dog would you suggest for me.....I like bigger dogs (retrievers, german shepherds, other herders and working dogs), I don't like dogs w/ curly or wavey hair (cute....but not for me), it would have to be OK around cats and most likely children in the future, would probably have to be at home for 8 hours but would be walked at least once a day and brought to a park or place for running and fetch, etc.

And can you tell me more about the agility training? Like how you started with that and what exactly you have to do?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:43 PM   #43
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:33 PM
I love dogs. I wish I had one.

My parents dog Molly

My brothers dog Blitz

Old 04-28-2005, 07:54 PM   #44
Refugee

They are so cute Digi
Old 04-28-2005, 09:11 PM   #45
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:33 AM
I currently have a three year old German Shepherd. I was looking for another shepherd after having to have my last dog put down (she was 14 and no longer could walk without incredible pain which nothing was helping).

I contacted the Police who are always looking for homes for their dogs that don't make the grade and they told me about Kiera. She is a "rescue dog". Someone decided to beat the s#*t out of her and then tie her up and forget to fed or water her. Luckily, a little old lady came to her aid and spirited her away for a holiday and never gave her back. As Kiera got better and healthier she became too much to handle so she was going to be given to the police for training. Unfortunately (for the police) she doesn't fetch so she ended up with me.

She is fantastic! She is extemely gentle, clever, loves other dogs, is good with people and very protective. All the things I was looking for. She goes everywhere with me and at the moment is sleeping beside me while I work. I couldn't ask for a better dog and would highly recommend them.