Any David Usher / Moist fans??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hallucination

Refugee
Just wondering if anyone else here is into David Usher and/or Moist. I would rank them/him in my top 4. I always really liked Moist but David Usher's solo stuff put them over the top for me. I'm actually going to see David Usher on April 9th and 10th. He's probably the best performer I've ever seen. I mean U2 rules and their shows are the greatest but as an individual performer David is the best. I gotta give props where they're due, nobody has ever caught me so off gaurd at a gig by how powerful their performance was. David Usher's voice is absolutley deadly. Somthing you really need to experience for yourself. If you get the chance go see him live do it. He would be a perfect fit for an opening slot with U2. Musically and performance wise he would fit that bill to a tee. I read an interview with him recently saying that the vocals on the new album were recorded as they were sung. No reverb or anything added. The way it sounds on the album is the way it sounded in the studio. That's very cool I think. Anyways long post. Just thought I'd spread the Moist / David Usher love.

Moist albums:
Silver
Creature
Mercedes Five and Dime

David Usher albums:
Little Songs
Morning Orbit
Hallucinations
If God Had Curves(release date April 26th)

Tidbit of info: My username "Hallucination" is an ode to David Usher's last album Hallucinations.

Last edited:
i used to like them back in the mid-90s when they were big. saw them at summersault a few years back and they were really great live--david usher was bursting with energy.

resurrection was a great tune.

haven't listened to any of usher's solo stuff, though. :shrug:

his new song sucks beyond belief. if i wanted to hear cliche's that badly, i'd throw in a train cd.

his older stuff is tolerable, as is moist. if i were to hear their stuff on the radio, i wouldn't necessarily turn it away.

i used to like moist way back in my university days. little songs is actually a pretty good CD as well. nothing he's done after that has impressed me though.

last year, my then-boyfriend got tickets through work to see him. we really only were interested in seeing pilate who were opening, so we saw them and left before david usher took the stage. :reject:

anyhoo, i think i still have a moist-silver t-shirt lying around somewhere. that seems like ages ago i saw them play. :|

Back
Top Bottom