Any Cat-owners here?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Anyone own one or understand cat behaviour raise ur hand, I have a question........
smile.gif

I have 3, and over the years have owned about 16 in total. Anything from the sweetest moggy to the most psycho purebred, such as 2 of my current 3.

Love my kitties!

Whats the question?
smile.gif

Angela, ages ago, like 3 years ago we took this cat in, and mum helped train her a bit, however she trusts me when I rub her belly (she turns over
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
awwwwwwww)

Anyway, recently this little young black cat has been vistin round the front, I was all nice to it and stroking it etc, when the other night I heard noises out the back, looked out and there it was trying to get food from an empty box of dried-cat food, I felt sorry for it so being re-assuring, spoke really nice to it and left it some...........but then last night it came back for more and again I left food...............our own cat has been out the back sniffin and she would def. sense or know if Im around another cat on our territory, right? 3 times I had to lift the wee black cat up last night and put it on the tank, to go over the fence and home (few houses down)..........but it came back for more and rubs itself upagainst me, seems to be happy around me...........unfort I didnt want to upset my own cat too much and turned the hose on aiming at the fence to make a loud splash to scare it off........prob a wrong move, but what should I do...........I feel sorry for it, and for some reason it sounds like its 'coughin' while eatin!!!!!!!!

thanks

So the cat you have had for years is ok, its this new little one that has breathing probs. It could be either a cat flu, although unlikely if its not all the time. Or because its a stray (is it?) it may be like one of mine from a few years ago. Whenever he ate, he would make these dreadful gulping noises and breath heavily at the same time. I think it was because he was a stray too, and thought food was so rare he would keep one eye out for anything trying to take it away. So he'd eat quickly and make awful noises.

Sounds like this black one may have a similar problem. The kibble may not be chewed properly, as he thinks he has to eat fast and is swallowing it only half chewed, therefore making those noises.

Dont feel bad about scaring it off either, you know what cats are like, once you feed them they hang around for ages and nothing will stop them! Do you know if anyone owns it? Would you be happy to slowly introduce it to your other cat? Maybe they would end up friends! You never know
smile.gif

One other thing, just to make sure it is ok, try to feed it some really small bits of soft meat by hand. Watch how it takes it from you, and whether it gulps it down.

Good luck! And I hope that helps ya. Hate to think it would need a vet.

smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom