Any Buffy or Angel fans out there? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2004, 02:13 AM   #16
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon

My problem with Angel is that David just didn't have the chops to carry the show. The writing was better, but the core cast on Buffy was stronger on the whole. Even unexperienced Nick Brendan does more for me than David.

I have that problem with Buffy. I like the supporting cast more than the main character. I don't have that problem with Angel.

Fave Villians:
The Beast
Wolfram and Heart
Angelus
Darla
Holtz- because he had every right to want revenge. I hated him but understood his actions at the same time.
Jasmine

Favorite Season:
Season 4- Most fans hate this season but I love it. Faith came back for a few episodes. Willow stopped by for one. The Beast causes chaos. We get shocked by the Cordy/Connor "thing". We get the Wesley Lilah "relationship".
Angelus returns. We have The Rain Of Fire. The fight with the Beast.
The arrival of the Cordy/Connor offspring. Then there's the episode Home where Angel makes a sacrifice for Connor's happiness. There were so many plot twists.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:21 AM   #17
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by UnforgettableLemon
Oh, and on a side note: Does anyone else hate Harmony?

I hate her with a passion! How the did she ever become part of the main cast on ATS!! They didn't add Lindsey but they added her! Why didn't someone stake her! She is so annoying!! She takes the tops spot over Eve for most annoying character!

Did Smile Time give anyone else the creeps? Its a funny episode but those puppets are creepy.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:16 AM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:48 PM
Hamilton was good, because it was great to see Adam Baldwin (who plays Jayne on Firefly) in there. Some goes for Caleb (Nathan Fillion) and Jasmine (Gina Torres).
Old 10-23-2004, 05:58 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:48 AM
I LOVE Buffy (never got into Angel, but I will probably start buying the DVDs/videos after I have all the Buffy ones...I only have 2 and 4 now because they're so expensive!). My favourite character is probably Giles.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:20 AM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

LOL, in Tabula Rasa where Spike runs in and they think that Giles is his father, the Sodding Nancy Tribe. Also the entire Randy Giles delivery
Old 10-23-2004, 09:01 AM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Siren

I have that problem with Buffy. I like the supporting cast more than the main character. I don't have that problem with Angel.

Sarah's by no means the best actress on the cast, but I think she's better than David overall. But Angel's writing was much stronger, and I think I like the character Angel more, and the acting of the character Buffy more. To give David the benefit of the doubt, though, he improved immeasurably over the seasons, especially if you compare, say, Buffy Season 1 to AtS seasons 3-5.

Oh, and his Irish accent makes me
Old 10-23-2004, 09:08 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

"Wild at Heart" is a really good episode, too. It makes me very sad, though. Oz/Willow:

I'm such a pansy :hides:
Old 10-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I have only recently made the effort to watch Angel. It is not that I had anything against Angel but it always seemed so dark when compared with Buffy(I should say early Buffy, cause later Buffy was as dark as it gets). I liked the fast snappy writing of Buffy. I

Buffy favorites:
Giles
Willow
Spike
Oz

Current Angel Faves
Wes
Angel
Spike

I am going through "Whedon Withdrawal" currently so it would
be nice if a new show from Josh Whedon would pop up

Quotes:
"Uh, Angel, if I say something you really don't want to hear, do you promise not to bite me?" -- Willow

Buffy vs Dracula
W: There you go. All set.
G: Thank you, Willow. Obstinate bloody machine simply refused to work for me.
W: Just call me the computer whisperer.

B: Who are you?
D: I apologize, I assumed you knew. I'm Dracula.
B: Get out!

X: I will serve you, your excellent spookiness. Or Master, I'll just stick with Master.
D: You are strange and off-putting. Go now.

Really liked the Dracula Vs. Buffy episode
Old 10-23-2004, 06:25 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:18 AM
I´m a big fan of both, Angel and buffy, I think that the writers killed Angel, Don´t know why, but those scripts where so bad that coud not be an accident. it had so much more to give

ANGEL ----> I have to conffes I loved more Angelus
Old 10-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

You all watched Firefly I hope, if not go out and buy the DVD because Serenity comes out next year and it is going to be great.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yes, Firefly is, in my estimate, the "best" show of all their in terms of sophistication in self-contained episodes. It was never meant to have as much of an arc, but we never even got to see a little arc.

Jewel Staite=
Old 10-23-2004, 06:43 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
LOL, in Tabula Rasa where Spike runs in and they think that Giles is his father, the Sodding Nancy Tribe. Also the entire Randy Giles delivery
You might as well have just named me horny Giles, or Likes-to-Shag Giles!

I love that line. It's a shame "Spin the Bottle" wasn't quite as good as TR. But Angel/Liam running from the "demons" on the LA highway was priceless, as was Fred's obsession with weed.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:53 PM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

And Serentity will not be able to pickup the Blue Sun bits - - so we won't know what they did to River. And then there are all the Book questions.

I didn't like the addition of Connor to Angel - not as bad as Wesley Crusher but still pretty annoying, I mean how could somebody raised in a hell dimension by Holtz have an American accent
Old 10-23-2004, 06:58 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
And Serentity will not be able to pickup the Blue Sun bits - - so we won't know what they did to River. And then there are all the Book questions.

I didn't like the addition of Connor to Angel - not as bad as Wesley Crusher but still pretty annoying, I mean how could somebody raised in a hell dimension by Holtz have an American accent
Maybe Quortoth is really somewhere in the midwest. There's a lot of open land there. I think Joss'll at least throw us some kinda bone with River. And Book is one hell of an intriguing character.

i'm really conflicted about the poss. of Joss getting X3. There'd be no time for new TV shows, and further Buffyverse/Firefly flics would be put on hold too. But Joss and X-men
Old 10-23-2004, 07:19 PM   #30
ONE
love, blood, life

I do like the idea of telemovies, Im just thinking along the lines of good quality ones (Young Indiana Jones for instance), 2 hour stories using some of the more interesting characters. A Spike/Dru story would be good. Just thinking about some of the comics where they did that. Could they cheat and have Illyria bring Wesley back to life somehow, maybe just a paralell universe version of him - oh the possibilities when you are not bound by the laws of mortality.

A feature length Fray movie would be good - Buffy had a movie and 7 years as a TV show - as much as we like the characters how many times can you tell the same story, but Fray has a lot of potential, of course the universe is just blade runner with demons (man those lurks), basically there are a lot of options because the universe itself has so much potential. One doesn't need to be bound to the original characters to create a gripping story.

Joss and X-Men, I would love to see that, I would rather the guy go on a project he wants to do and then get back into the Buffyverse when there is interest on the other end.