Any Bob Dylan Fans Here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

I'm Ready

War Child
I Love U2 but I have to say that Bob Dylan is my favorite Artist

Does Any one else like Dylan? I Think his songwriting skills are great andu cant beat the music

I do enjoy "Nashville Skyline" quite a bit. I've been meaning to by a few more of his albums. "Lay Lady Lay" =:drool:

Dylan is awesome. Highway 61 is the greatest album of the '60's and maybe ever. It took me awhile in my life to appreciate this guy. Probably because when I was growing up, he was in the worst phase of his musical career. Basically the entire '80's and '90's.----lol. Time out of Mind is my favorite old man album, if you will. There's too many other great songs and albums for me to mention right now.

I agree with Layton....A few years ago I really couldn't take his music at all, and I even went to see him live--I wanted to like him! :laugh:

Within the past couple years I listened to him again, and it just clicked. Maybe I needed the 'life experience' to get it. :shrug:

I haven't actually heard his music much, but I'm a big fan of him as a person, I suppose. I read his Chronicles last week and it was excellent. :up:

Bob Dylan is one of my favorites.

Blowin' in the Wind is one of the only songs I can play competantly on the piano. :reject:

There's so much life in his music. So much to grab on to and some of the simplest melodies (or grumbling, lol) in all of music... imo

So yeah, I'm a fan :up:

I LOVE Bob Dylan!! One of my favorites and one of the all time greatest songwritters ever!!!!! I love his voice and guitar playing! Not mention his amazing lyrics. I've been wanting to buy his book. It seems like a very interesting read. I'll buy it when I see it! :yes:

Master Of Wars!!!!!! :drool:

I definitely like his music but it's the words I have trouble with........
at times they are a changin'

:|

wonderful, for me he is one fo the few great songwriters of the US probably the best, most eloquent and most influential in the past 100 years :bow: , my favorite album is Blood on the tracks...i read his book Chroncicles I and it was a wonderful read much like his lyrics it envokes a brilliant and unique style. :yes:

Dylan is truly a musical legend. He influenced everybody from U2 to The Beatles and anybody in between. Like a lot of artist he had hit a couple of sour notes but, has always seemed to save himself. And the amazing thing is that he still has it (saw him last night live). He is my favorite musical act.

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
I definitely like his music but it's the words I have trouble with........
at times they are a changin'

:|

may I ask why? the song is supporting the civil rights movement and urging congressmen, bbusinessmen, fathers to give up their racist beliefs and accept equality. Seems kind of odd to have trouble with that.

The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan, Blood On the Tracks, and Time Out of Mind are my favorites. I've still got a lot of holes in my Dylan collection, though; dude's been recording a fucking long time.

Has he released anything significant since Love and Theft? That's the last one I have, and it's pretty good too.

Last edited:
Re: Re: reply

learn2kneel said:

may I ask why? the song is supporting the civil rights movement and urging congressmen, bbusinessmen, fathers to give up their racist beliefs and accept equality. Seems kind of odd to have trouble with that.

Sorry I probably should have phrased it differently.....it's just that I have a hearing problem and have difficulty hearing the words he sings.
that song is one of my favorite and I don't have a problem with it. Always sticking my foot in my mouth I guess. I should just stop posting.

:(

Bawb is great..
I am still learning, but my collection is growing and growing to great annoyance of my girlfriend who can't stand him..
Highway 61 (and especially Ballad of a thin man) is my favourite record..

:evil:

Back
Top Bottom