Any Band Geeks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am a former, PROUD, 'band geek'; four years flute, 2 years w/my true love - tenor sax. :heart: I miss it - the only thing I play these days is the radio! :(

We had a great director for the first 4yrs I was in Band; he pushed us hard, but it really paid off. We mastered pieces that were pretty advanced for our ages (Sleigh Ride in middle school, JP Souza marches, The Barber of Seville in high school, etc.) and won quite a few All State competitions. Anyway, it was a wonderful outlet for my love of music and I miss playing dearly. I wish I had time to take up piano - it's so versatile! :drool:

Wow... I sound like I'm STILL a band geek!!! :ohmy: :reject:

:lol:

Last edited:
Not a band geek, but a full-fledged music department insider.

4 years of piano classes
3 years of guitar classes (not really a guitar class though, more just like our local music shop owner plays the blues with us and we jam all day)
1 year music theory/history

Editor-in-Chief of the 2006 Ebb Tides school yearbook (music dept. runs this too)

Tri-M National Music Honor Society member for 2 years.

Yeah, so I'm in it pretty deep.

Although I die before joining the band.:nerd:

:wink: kidding.

Yes! I am no longer alone!

I've been playing alto sax for about 5 years (first chair!), piano for about 2, and I just picked up bari sax, clarinet and guitar this year. I can also play marimba.

My middle school director was amazing. I was sad that he retired after my 8th grade year.

Hell yeah, i was a band geek...and proud of it!!! band at my high school was a year-round thing, and so much fun. i especially loved (and sincerely miss) marching band. highlight was marching in the Tournament of Roses Parade my junior year. WOW!!!

Question for LikeNoOneBefore: have you ever heard of O'Fallon, Illinois? That's where i went to high school (a LONG time ago!).

I was in the special band at school, meaning we were supposed to be the best in our years at our instruments. I was the only tenor horn player :wink: .

Carek1230 said:
This one time..........at band camp........:wink:

Yeah, I was just waiting for that to come up. XD

Question for LikeNoOneBefore: have you ever heard of O'Fallon, Illinois? That's where i went to high school (a LONG time ago!).

Hmm...I actually might have. :hmm: I don't think I've competed with them, but I live in Illinois so the name rings a bell.

4 years of Trombone in band, and jazz band.( I played sports, so I did everything in my power to not let anybody find out that I played trombone, I was embarrassed).

Piano and Violen(but thats not really band)

And now I play the guitar, or try to!

I don't really consider myself a band geek.. but I do play in my school band..

unfortunately I have been playing flute for I think about 6 years now... and running. :|
but I hate it hate it and hate it.
only reason why I have been playing it in high school is because I play at church.

but in the end, I'd choose my guitar over my flute any day.

Back
Top Bottom