Anus Superthread - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2008, 06:18 AM   #121
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 05:21 PM
I'd love to see Danny's face if Port win in a walkover.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 AM   #122
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 PM
Great! They both sound very cool. Still looking forward to our big theology chat picnic thing. I'll start looking at flights sometime closer to June or so.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:19 AM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'd love to see Danny's face if Port win in a walkover.
It's already looking unlikely.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:22 AM   #124
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
Great! They both sound very cool. Still looking forward to our big theology chat picnic thing. I'll start looking at flights sometime closer to June or so.
Awesome.

Ali and I actually mentioned that picnic when we were at the Art Gallery on Sunday. It's going to be heaps of fun. Though I wonder if it'll be too cold in winter to go out and have a picnic!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 AM   #125
Vocal parasite

Quote:

It's already looking unlikely.
I'm not watching this game. Don't really care about either team, and I don't follow AFL that much to want to watch two games in one evening. But keep me updated, as I'd like to know how things go. And maybe that'll keep the thread alive.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 06:33 AM   #126
Vocal parasite

Fucking hell I'm bored.

This may just push me to do something productive. I hope not.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 06:35 AM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Awesome.

Ali and I actually mentioned that picnic when we were at the Art Gallery on Sunday. It's going to be heaps of fun. Though I wonder if it'll be too cold in winter to go out and have a picnic!
Haha, hopefully we'll be able to choose a good day, late teens or something. If it's too cold, we'll go somewhere inside. Are there any bars or restaruants in Melbourne suitable for Symposioms? We should go to the Art Gallery too, assuming you guys won't be sick of it.

Quote:

I'm not watching this game. Don't really care about either team, and I don't follow AFL that much to want to watch two games in one evening. But keep me updated, as I'd like to know how things go. And maybe that'll keep the thread alive.
Ah, at least you're not as bad with AFL as Jen and I are with cricket. Couldn't help but feel left out when you lot would be talking about it all day! Not that it bothered me of course.

Geelong are winning - 48 to 30, ten minutes into the second quarter.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Okay, I don't know a lot about most regular posters around here, but is diamond usually this retarded?

http://forum.interference.com/t185131.html

"You have the free will to choose not to know anybody, or do anything I suppose, but this isn't why God gave us life or His plan of happiness..

Also, not interacting with ppl, it doesn't seem like much of an existence though; kind of like being in solitary confinement and if I remember correctly God has encouraged us not to be idle.

I think it's part of God'd plan of happiness that we share our talents and interact with our brothers and sisters (neighbors), for us to learn some things from them, the gifts and talents that they have and we are to share our gifts and talents. I think were suppose to love our neighbors too.

Think about it, Bono could of chose to stay home that day Larry posted the invitation on the school bulletin board, and not exercised his talent(s) or suspected talents and U2 could of never been, and we would have never met here BVS.

How about that? Things happen for a reason.

Because Bono used his free will, he loved life, loved his neighbors (school mates) and used his talents and chose to share them- look what it accomplished.

dbs"

(That said, though his post isn't worth studying in the least, I think Bono actually hated life when he joined the band?"
Old 03-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #129
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Haha, hopefully we'll be able to choose a good day, late teens or something. If it's too cold, we'll go somewhere inside. Are there any bars or restaruants in Melbourne suitable for Symposioms? We should go to the Art Gallery too, assuming you guys won't be sick of it.
Knowing Melbourne, we'll set up our picnic when it's 17 and sunny, get out the food, start talking about whether the ontological "proof" of God is valid, and then it'll suddenly drop to 9 and piss with rain.

You're asking me for bars/restaurants? The extent of my knowledge is "you can get Italian food on Lygon Street".

And Ali, Melissa, and I only saw a bit of the Art Gallery. I'd love to see more. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.

Quote:
Ah, at least you're not as bad with AFL as Jen and I are with cricket. Couldn't help but feel left out when you lot would be talking about it all day! Not that it bothered me of course.

Geelong are winning - 48 to 30, ten minutes into the second quarter.
Yeah, I felt bad when we really got going about cricket - and I believe the third Test between England and New Zealand starts tomorrow, so look out for more from Ian and I! I tried not to go on too much, not that I really succeeded there.

AFL interests me, but not too much of it, you know? Low scoring games can get far too dull.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 06:41 AM   #130
Blue Crack Addict

Geelong have doubled Port's score. 60 to 30.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:43 AM   #131
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Okay, I don't know a lot about most regular posters around here, but is diamond usually this retarded?
That's actually a fairly tame post by diamond's standards, I think. He's the kind of nutcase who claims that liberals are mentally ill. Yeah, how dare we favour individual liberty and all that nasty stuff.

Quote:
(That said, though his post isn't worth studying in the least, I think Bono actually hated life when he joined the band?"
I've no real idea, but I was under the impression he was at least a bit wayward after losing his mother and being in the band gave him some release and belonging.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 06:44 AM   #132
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Geelong have doubled Port's score. 60 to 30.
And, in a shock to everyone, PORT'S FUCKED.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-20-2008, 07:00 AM   #133
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Knowing Melbourne, we'll set up our picnic when it's 17 and sunny, get out the food, start talking about whether the ontological "proof" of God is valid, and then it'll suddenly drop to 9 and piss with rain.

You're asking me for bars/restaurants? The extent of my knowledge is "you can get Italian food on Lygon Street".

And Ali, Melissa, and I only saw a bit of the Art Gallery. I'd love to see more. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.
To be fair, that'd probably happen here in Adelaide too! I couldn't believe it was raining today, I was almost considering wearing a jacket, which would have been a sign of mental instability just a few days ago.

Lygon street seems to have a lot of good stuff. Is that the massive one (perhaps it's larger in my memory) with Hessie's Shed on it? I don't know if it's still there, but it was a music shop owned by Paul Hester, I'm not sure if it went away with him or what. We'll figure somewhere out, but hopefully the park should be alright.

According to Wiki there's stuff by Rubens at the gallery, which has just confirmed the fact that we are going there. Any ancient Greek stuff, if you recall?

Quote:
Yeah, I felt bad when we really got going about cricket - and I believe the third Test between England and New Zealand starts tomorrow, so look out for more from Ian and I! I tried not to go on too much, not that I really succeeded there.

AFL interests me, but not too much of it, you know? Low scoring games can get far too dull. [/B]
Ah, I'll watch out for that, then. I might be doing other stuff tomorrow anyway, I'll find out. I know that some people will be coming over for tea.

Low scoring games can be boring, they can also be awesome. The 2005 grand final was one of my favourite matches ever (even though we lost and immediately after it ended I was crying into my beer outside). It was a great game and both scores were only in the 50s. Still, the high scoring games are the best. I miss that being more common back in the 90s.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:05 AM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

That's actually a fairly tame post by diamond's standards, I think. He's the kind of nutcase who claims that liberals are mentally ill. Yeah, how dare we favour individual liberty and all that nasty stuff.
Yeah, just the whole thing about demonic possession... and the fact that there were actually other people that voted it being 'absolutely real'. Like, without any skepticism whatsoever. I mean, really now. Perhaps I should make a topic warning that Athene can turn naughty people into spiders, and claim that "I read about it, so it must be real!".

Quote:
I've no real idea, but I was under the impression he was at least a bit wayward after losing his mother and being in the band gave him some release and belonging. [/B]
I think that I Was Bono's Doppelganger book said something about suicidal tendancies at the time, but fuck it, I wasn't there and I won't claim to know. Plus, every teenager feels that way, regardless of the fact his ma had died.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #135
Vocal parasite

Quote:
To be fair, that'd probably happen here in Adelaide too! I couldn't believe it was raining today, I was almost considering wearing a jacket, which would have been a sign of mental instability just a few days ago.

Lygon street seems to have a lot of good stuff. Is that the massive one (perhaps it's larger in my memory) with Hessie's Shed on it? I don't know if it's still there, but it was a music shop owned by Paul Hester, I'm not sure if it went away with him or what. We'll figure somewhere out, but hopefully the park should be alright.

According to Wiki there's stuff by Rubens at the gallery, which has just confirmed the fact that we are going there. Any ancient Greek stuff, if you recall?
There was a faint hint of rain here. Not even enough to qualify as spitting, or to register at the Bureau. I just felt a few drops on my face when I took the rubbish out. It looked really threatening though. Fuck, we need rain. I still can't believe it looks drier here than in Queensland.

I'd never even heard of Hessie's Shed! But then - I never hear about anything. I need to get out more and find out about stuff. Which I've sort of been doing lately, at least.

We looked at a bit of the Rubens stuff! I think there might've been a little bit of ancient Greek stuff. I clearly remember Egyptian, Mayan, and Roman stuff. There was plenty of pottery I didn't really look at and that could've easily been Greek.

Quote:
Ah, I'll watch out for that, then. I might be doing other stuff tomorrow anyway, I'll find out. I know that some people will be coming over for tea.

Low scoring games can be boring, they can also be awesome. The 2005 grand final was one of my favourite matches ever (even though we lost and immediately after it ended I was crying into my beer outside). It was a great game and both scores were only in the 50s. Still, the high scoring games are the best. I miss that being more common back in the 90s.
I'm going to try to do some work tomorrow. Ha. And maybe go shopping, assuming the supermarket's open. I wonder if it will be.

I don't think I actually watched the 2005 grand final. I've watched every single one since coming to Australia, except I don't think that one. I've no memory of it anyway. I have seen a couple of good lowscoring games, but normally they really bore me. If the score doesn't get past 70, it usually doesn't excite me much. How come high scores were more common in the nineties? Rules were different?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread