Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

No, now's the ideal time to do it really, as I'm on holidays this coming week and then I suspect uni will be stressful through April. I know where some are; I should be able to find all of them though.

:lmao: All praise and all Guinness to the Book of Boner!

Ah, awesome. :) I gotta buy the blank Cds/Dvds to burn, anyway.

Your second comment will surely be spoken by hundreds of thousands in mere centuries time. So much for Earth's non-religious future. :tsk:

Axxo, you should go for the Tigers. I mean, they may be THE underachievers of the AFL, but I always had hope in them. And tonight was a good start. :up:

Yeah the new jumpers sometimes look shite. Sometimes they are alright. But I don't get the whole jumper clashing business.

Oh Bermuda Triangle program on tv :hmm:

The Sad Punk said:
Ah, awesome. :) I gotta buy the blank Cds/Dvds to burn, anyway.

Your second comment will surely be spoken by hundreds of thousands in mere centuries time. So much for Earth's non-religious future. :tsk:

Axxo, you should go for the Tigers. I mean, they may be THE underachievers of the AFL, but I always had hope in them. And tonight was a good start. :up:

Righto. Hopefully postage won't be too much seeing it's just a trade within Australia. I mainly traded internationally and I don't remember that costing too much.

:lol: I remember I once had a thought that I could probably write a religion based around Bono's speeches and lyrics. That would make for a pretty great joke if it could be pulled off in the right way.

Yeah, I enjoyed watching tonight's game. Initially I was just into it to see Carlton lose, but by the end of it, I was more wanting the Tigers to win than the Blues to lose.

And I thought St Kilda were THE underachievers?

(Actually, from what I've read on Wikipedia, the Melbourne University team that was in the AFL - well, VFL - back at the start of the 20th century were underachievers in the most epic phail way.)

Axver said:
(Actually, from what I've read on Wikipedia, the Melbourne University team that was in the AFL - well, VFL - back at the start of the 20th century were underachievers in the most epic phail way.)

:lmao: Didn't they win only four games or something?

unico said:
okay im back again. so who's idea was anus?

We said the birthday boy could choose whatever location he wanted, and he proved that he's turning 10, not 20.

bono_man2002 said:

Not quite THAT bad!

The club was not particularly successful: it never finished higher than sixth in the 10 team competition, and never played in a finals series. It finished last in the competition from 1911 to 1914, losing its last 51 games in a row. In total, it lost 97 of its 126 games between the 1908 and 1914 seasons.

When World War I broke out, many young men enlisted to fight, leaving the club with far too few players. It withdrew from the League before the beginning of the 1915 season, and disbanded. There was no hope of re-forming it after the War as it suffered the highest rate of casualties of the league.

I wish they'd survived. They'd be the obvious choice for me to support.

bono_man2002 said:

I think more than that... but they sure did suck. :lol:

The Tiges have been the real underachievers in the past twenty or so years, since the 90s at least. The Saints and Dogs haven't won any flags in this time, but they have been more consistant with getting into finals and such.

unico said:
we gotta do a birthday thread for him in LS...but it has to be unique...because we are dealing with a unique guy :laugh:

It better be the coolest thread in history. With lots of bug pinuses.

Just done snippet-checking 23 September 1989, Perth.

What a setlist! :drool:

1. In God's Country
2. All Along The Watchtower
3. Bullet The Blue Sky / Whole Lotta Love (snippet)
4. Running To Stand Still
5. All I Want Is You
6. Where The Streets Have No Name
7. I Will Follow
8. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / Exodus (snippet)
9. People Get Ready
10. Bad / Walk On The Wild Side (snippet)
11. With Or Without You
12. God Part II
13. Desire / Not Fade Away (snippet) / So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (snippet)
14. New Year's Day
15. Pride (In The Name Of Love)

encore(s):
16. Angel Of Harlem
17. When Love Comes To Town
18. Love Rescue Me

bono_man2002 said:
I've gotta go pick up my folks.

Darn Party animals be back in about 30 mins.

:lol:

I love that you, the 20 year old, are picking up your parents rather than your parents picking you up out of the gutter halfway home at 3am.

The Sad Punk said:
The Tiges have been the real underachievers in the past twenty or so years, since the 90s at least. The Saints and Dogs haven't won any flags in this time, but they have been more consistant with getting into finals and such.

Ah, righto. I see from Wikipedia they weren't shit 1967-74 though! I hope they do well this season. I'd like to have an AFL team to follow. I don't mean that I want to be a fairweather fan who only wants to follow a winner - it's just really hard to get into a loser when you don't have any real connection to them besides their uniform colours!

OH NON-EXISTENT GOD. The 1989-09-27, Sydney audience boot is hilarious. You can hear the crowd so well. During the intro of Bullet, there's this guy who sings the second verse really clear. :lmao:

The Sad Punk said:
Speaking of anagrams, why aren't there any new ones? They were tight. I had a good idea for one, but I never finished it. :(

OH, AT THE ART GALLERY, ALI AND I FOUND SOME SCULPTURES THAT REMINDED US OF HER CERAMIC TROLL SET!

It was funny. I think they were Mayan or something. I can't remember now. We both photographed them. I'll share them when my Mac decides to work again.

Axver said:
OH NON-EXISTENT GOD. The 1989-09-27, Sydney audience boot is hilarious. You can hear the crowd so well. During the intro of Bullet, there's this guy who sings the second verse really clear. :lmao:

That's with the rocking Desire that is just so good and RADICAL AS FUCK, right? I've rewatched the videos of that a lot, I wish the whole thing was filmed. :(

OH, AT THE ART GALLERY, ALI AND I FOUND SOME SCULPTURES THAT REMINDED US OF HER CERAMIC TROLL SET!

It was funny. I think they were Mayan or something. I can't remember now. We both photographed them. I'll share them when my Mac decides to work again.

AWESOME

Those sorts of things are very Mexican. You should have put names on them. :drool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom