Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:
Hello All.....I have one word for you guys...well two actually, actually make it three.

MUSE OWN LIVE!

I have three for you:

NO SHIT, DANIEL.

Oh man, you know U2 were getting the girls during Lovetown. On 1989-09-23, they start AIWIY. All Bono has to do is sing "you say" and this absolutely insane cheer breaks out, it's just a massive din.

The Sad Punk said:
They've been hanging out with Phail Collins since, I suppose.

U2. :tsk: You know, I am sort of excited about the new album, but even if it does turn out to be good, I have noticed that I find Bono's voice - even when he is actually singing 'well' - to have a very grating, whiny layer over it at times nowadays. I might look for an example of what I mean, but I know that it's definitely in Wave of Sorrow. I am genuinely concerned about this.

Clearly. The gig opens with In God's Country --> All Along The Watchtower --> Bullet and it ROCKS SO FUCKING HARD. Wow, what a way to start a concert.

Don't say that with Peterrrrr around! Maybe it's the smoke sound? :lol: Actually, I think I'd really enjoy Wave Of Sorrow if it weren't for the ending, which feels too overdone and breathy. I know what you mean, though. Bono's voice today just isn't what it used to be and doesn't leave the same effect. Even something like Smile has a bit of a whiny layer in it that reduces its impact.

Axver said:
Oh man, you know U2 were getting the girls during Lovetown. On 1989-09-23, they start AIWIY. All Bono has to do is sing "you say" and this absolutely insane cheer breaks out, it's just a massive din.

Ooh, could I have that show? Is it decent quality? Oh yeah, we should figure out that trade thing too. I want to have the stuff around by the start of April.

And Axxo, U2 would not get the girls during Lovetown because they are Moral Sources of inspiration for us CXristians. Plus Bono (pbuh) was Married@!!!! So obviously he wouldnt have had s**x with anyone else!!:madspit: :madspit: :hug: :bono:

Axver said:

I have three for you:

NO SHIT, DANIEL.

Ohhh but they do. I just watched on our "big" tele with my good computer speakers.....Seriously felt like I was there, and rocking out like never before......man.....You have to get it :up:

The only problem I have with it is some of the camera work, well not so much the camera work, but the way it was edited together......like there's A LOT of crowd shots.....but other than, bloody great dvd :up:

bono_man2002 said:
Not A muse Fan eh?....I think you either love them or loathe them. Or Just like Time Is Running Out and Starlight.

Got to admit Starlight is the only song on BHAR that I actually find enjoyable in studio form. :reject:

Loved Invincible live, though.

The Sad Punk said:
Ooh, could I have that show? Is it decent quality? Oh yeah, we should figure out that trade thing too. I want to have the stuff around by the start of April.

And Axxo, U2 would not get the girls during Lovetown because they are Moral Sources of inspiration for us CXristians. Plus Bono (pbuh) was Married@!!!! So obviously he wouldnt have had s**x with anyone else!!:madspit: :madspit: :hug: :bono:

Alas, it's rather unspectacular quality at best. And I only have it in MP3, so that doesn't help much. I have most shows the band's ever done in MP3. And alright, I'll get onto finding those boots. If I don't have it done tomorrow, please yell at me.

And :lmao: I forgot Bono's the Second Coming of Jeebus. Please forgive me.

Axver said:

Got to admit Starlight is the only song on BHAR that I actually find enjoyable in studio form. :reject:

Loved Invincible live, though.

I love the new direction. And Can't wait for what is to come. Matt's been quoted as to saying basically releasing a few songs here and there , and the good ones make an album.

But Matt says a lot of shit......though he's about 1000% more believable than Bono.

However after watching them at Wembley, I've come to the conclusion I must see them in London on the next tour.

bono_man2002 said:
Geelong just got over the line too.

I think I have at least one tip right this week so far :hyper:

So Power's bounced back from being pummelled? Final score?

Axver said:

Clearly. The gig opens with In God's Country --> All Along The Watchtower --> Bullet and it ROCKS SO FUCKING HARD. Wow, what a way to start a concert.

Don't say that with Peterrrrr around! Maybe it's the smoke sound? :lol: Actually, I think I'd really enjoy Wave Of Sorrow if it weren't for the ending, which feels too overdone and breathy. I know what you mean, though. Bono's voice today just isn't what it used to be and doesn't leave the same effect. Even something like Smile has a bit of a whiny layer in it that reduces its impact.

Yeah I agree with you on WoS. I mean, maybe it would have worked if he'd recorded his stuff in '86 because his voice was basically sex at that time, but I really can't listen to it otherwise (That said, Desert of Our Love is now one of my top 10 or 15 U2 songs, I think).

Also fuck Peteeeerrrererererrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrppprrerse

bono_man2002 said:

Ohhh but they do. I just watched on our "big" tele with my good computer speakers.....Seriously felt like I was there, and rocking out like never before......man.....You have to get it :up:

The only problem I have with it is some of the camera work, well not so much the camera work, but the way it was edited together......like there's A LOT of crowd shots.....but other than, bloody great dvd :up:

If I buy the DVD, I just have that shitty old TV. Maybe I should come pay you a visit in Shepp? :wink:

And I doubt the editing is nearly as bad as a Hamish Hamilton DVD!

bono_man2002 said:

I love the new direction. And Can't wait for what is to come. Matt's been quoted as to saying basically releasing a few songs here and there , and the good ones make an album.

But Matt says a lot of shit......though he's about 1000% more believable than Bono.

However after watching them at Wembley, I've come to the conclusion I must see them in London on the next tour.

I truly can't stand BHAR. Origin Of Symmetry, Absolution, and Showbiz all own, but fuck BHAR. Way to water yourselves down, Muse.

And :lol:, so Matt's more, say, an Edge or Adam?

Axver said:

Alas, it's rather unspectacular quality at best. And I only have it in MP3, so that doesn't help much. I have most shows the band's ever done in MP3. And alright, I'll get onto finding those boots. If I don't have it done tomorrow, please yell at me.

And :lmao: I forgot Bono's the Second Coming of Jeebus. Please forgive me.

It's cool, you can take a while longer. Have you found any of them yet? We can just do those for now if you're having trouble with some others.

And yes, clearly you almost forgot about the Book of Boner for a second. :tsk:

Axver said:

If I buy the DVD, I just have that shitty old TV. Maybe I should come pay you a visit in Shepp? :wink:

And I doubt the editing is nearly as bad as a Hamish Hamilton DVD!

The editing is fucking awesome compared to anything Hamish Hamilton (Who actually did give me vertigo on the Chicago dvd)

You can pay me a visit, but we'll probably have to watch it on my room tv, still with my awesome speakers though. My parents are out tonight therefore I took over the living room :wink:

The Sad Punk said:
Yeah I agree with you on WoS. I mean, maybe it would have worked if he'd recorded his stuff in '86 because his voice was basically sex at that time, but I really can't listen to it otherwise (That said, Desert of Our Love is now one of my top 10 or 15 U2 songs, I think).

I truly don't get why he didn't record the lyrics in 1986. I would like clarification on whether the lyrics actually date from then or not, as arguments on EYKIW have just left me baffled.

Desert Of Our Love is pretty cool. I'm in love with Rise Up though. :drool:

I love how on Lovetown, despite Bono's voice ruling all, the poorer quality bootlegs make him sound like a child, a girl, a chipmunk, or on helium. Not quite so bad on 1989-09-23, but a couple of the Brisbane boots are shockers.

Axver said:
And :lol:, so Matt's more, say, an Edge or Adam?

I'd say a bit of both. But If I had to trust anyone with information from either of my most two loved bands it would have to be Dom Howard. Matt made mention they'd come back to Australia in November last year, but Dom practically made if official.

I'd probably trust something Matt would say if I could understand what he was saying 95% of the time.

The Sad Punk said:

It's cool, you can take a while longer. Have you found any of them yet? We can just do those for now if you're having trouble with some others.

And yes, clearly you almost forgot about the Book of Boner for a second. :tsk:

No, now's the ideal time to do it really, as I'm on holidays this coming week and then I suspect uni will be stressful through April. I know where some are; I should be able to find all of them though.

:lmao: All praise and all Guinness to the Book of Boner!

Axver said:

Huh, that is close in the end.

What'd you think of Tigers vs Blues?

I only saw about half the game. Richmond looked good. Carlton looked pretty good too up to half time, I guess they faded away in the end though.

bono_man2002 said:

The editing is fucking awesome compared to anything Hamish Hamilton (Who actually did give me vertigo on the Chicago dvd)

You can pay me a visit, but we'll probably have to watch it on my room tv, still with my awesome speakers though. My parents are out tonight therefore I took over the living room :wink:

I have the Chicago DVD. This is not to say that I ever actually watched all of it.

I keep saying I'm going to come up to Shepp just to ride the V/Line train there. I'm going to get around to doing that soon, I promise!

Axver said:

I have the Chicago DVD. This is not to say that I ever actually watched all of it.

I keep saying I'm going to come up to Shepp just to ride the V/Line train there. I'm going to get around to doing that soon, I promise!

Yeah, its just a matter of free time. I'm in Melbourne most weekends, and at work 8:30-5 Weekdays. So I guess because you're unable to drive makes it a bit harder, as well where I live there is no public transport into town.

Maybe once we've moved house though.

bono_man2002 said:
I'd say a bit of both. But If I had to trust anyone with information from either of my most two loved bands it would have to be Dom Howard. Matt made mention they'd come back to Australia in November last year, but Dom practically made if official.

I'd probably trust something Matt would say if I could understand what he was saying 95% of the time.

:lol:

What I like about following PT now is that they don't seem to talk shit either. Richard Barbieri said they'd come to Australia in spring - i.e. our autumn - and guess what, they are.

And with Dream Theater, Mike Portnoy posts on his official forum and is always quick to debunk bullshit rumours.

Then I come to Interference and it's "OMG BONO SED TEH NEXT ALBIMS MOLENT METALLLZZZZ"

bono_man2002 said:
Yeah, its just a matter of free time. I'm in Melbourne most weekends, and at work 8:30-5 Weekdays. So I guess because you're unable to drive makes it a bit harder, as well where I live there is no public transport into town.

Maybe once we've moved house though.

It's short notice, but what are your Easter weekend plans?

Not sure I really could come up, but no harm in asking.

bono_man2002 said:

I only saw about half the game. Richmond looked good. Carlton looked pretty good too up to half time, I guess they faded away in the end though.

They faded in a big way. Total inability to finish.

I'd like Richmond to do well. You know I'd like to support them, but when I have no attachment at all to a team besides the fact they have Wellington's colours, it's hard to jump onto the bandwagon when they're playing shithouse.

bono_man2002 said:
Jump on the Tigers, they are bound to finish higher than 9th one of these years :wink:

:lol:

I have three choices really:

Brisbane: Have nominally supported them in the past, had good times seeing them live, and my family's gotten into them. Plus, they're the Lions; Wellington's team in the New Zealand provincial tournament is the Lions. I'd go for them if it weren't for the fact I hate Queensland.
St Kilda: I felt positively about them until this decision to move their administrative headquarters to Frankston. Fuck Frankston.
Richmond: WELLINGTON'S COLOURS!

Oh, and Bonnie will be happy - when I first started watching AFL, I quite liked West Coast's uniforms and went for them whenever I saw games involving them on TV. Good colours. Though have they changed it? It doesn't look as good now as I remember it being in the late nineties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom