Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I wish I had tomorrow off. :grumpy:

It had better not be a crazy-ass day, either. Today was highly annoying.

You have to work on Good Friday?! That's shit. :hug:

phillyfan26 said:

THREAD: Gay Marriage - Should it be legal?

Mrs. Springsteen: [Article, no actual original writing]

Melon: Yes.

BVS: Yes...

Irvine: Yes.

Diamond: Should pets be allowed to marry each other? Is that what we really want to lead to?

BVS: :| ...

2816U2: And here comes the liberal parade. :rolleyes:

BVS: I'll bet every conservative person here is the exact opposite of what is right and moral in human life...

Irvine: Diamond, do you honestly think I'm like a pet? Do you think that comparison works? Really?

Diamond: You're not a pet, but you're also not trying to marry a woman. Marriage is between one man and one woman. It says so in the Bible.

Melon: [Exact Bible quote, interpretation against what Diamond says, very long, detailed, and accurate]

Diamond: Ha! Funny coincidence. Melon's on my ignore list.

phillyfan26 said:
THREAD: Is the War in Iraq Legitimate:

Mrs. Springsteen: [Posts article, no comments]

Infinitum: Yes, it's very legitimate. Saddam needed to be stopped. His weapons had to be disarmed.

Vincent Vega: Uh, did you know there were no weapons?

Infinitum: YES! :lmao: I was being sarcastic! Isn't that hilarious? RON PAUL

Strongbow: Yes, it is legitimate. Resolution 1441 clearly granted the United States the permissable permission to attain the proper amount of congressional, judicial, and executive power in its constitutional federal government to give President Bush the power to wield power in order to defend our country in Iraq. Whether Saddam had WMDs or not was irrelevant, because of Resolution 1441. Whether we should remain in occupation or not is irrelevant, because of Resolution 1441.

Irvine: Resolution 1441 doesn't even have to do with the ability of a country to make this kind of decision.

Strongbow: That's true, but that also ignores the fact that Resolution 1441 grants a country enacting Resolution 1441 the ability to make decisions such as Resolution 1441 permits them to do.

Diamond: Ka-ching.

2816U2: Of course it's legitimate. The liberal media wants you to think it's not legitimate, but it is. We stopped Saddam before he could harm us. It was necessary to do.

BVS: I'm pretty sure the three of you are the anti-Christ ...

deep: resolution 1441

is an interesting resolution

especially
if you look at the context in which it was used

barack obama cannot win the election

BVS: :| ...

Axver said:

:lol:

I hate how ALL of this year's public holidays are either 1. during uni holidays, 2. during exam block, 3. on Fridays (I have no Friday classes), or 4. not observed by the uni. So I actually don't get any days off that I wouldn't ordinarily get off anyway.

Dude, we're uni students. We don't really need any more holidays / days off, and besides, we'd just waste them anyway. Probably do something stupid like spend 8 hours on a message board on the Internet posting...

Originally posted by Urine Appreciator
deep: resolution 1441

is an interesting resolution

especially
if you look at the context in which it was used

barack obama cannot win the election

I sincerely have to wonder if you just copy and pasted this.

major_panic said:
PFan, why do I get the feeling that you have a great ulterior motive in tempting ImOuttaControl to skew the voting for HTDAAB?

Temping or tempting IOC?

I don't think I've ever worked for a company that's had Good Friday off.

I don't think it's a holiday widely observed by the retail operations in Seattle. We're a bunch of godless pinko commies. :wink:

We have two personal holidays a year that are meant to be used where you like - with the big thinking behind it being religious folk can use them for religious holidays that aren't the "major" holidays that are traditionally given as days off.

Axver said:

You have to work on Good Friday?! That's shit. :hug:

most people do.

i don't remember if we got it off from school. if we did, this would have been a great week in boston - 3 days of weekend, 3 days of school/municipal work, 3 days of weekend

major_panic said:

Dude, we're uni students. We don't really need any more holidays / days off, and besides, we'd just waste them anyway. Probably do something stupid like spend 8 hours on a message board on the Internet posting...

All true, but I'm a lazy Arts student. I'm going to grizzle and moan about it anyway!

major_panic said:

:lol: Yeah, that. Although apparently he's only had 3 hours of sleep a night recently. He must be a really popular teacher.

He's a fucking party animal, man.

He just can't let anyone know because that would be too immature.

Axver said:

All true, but I'm a lazy Arts student. I'm going to grizzle and moan about it anyway!

"Can someone come help me with this computer?"

*silence*

"You're ALL Arts students?!"

major_panic said:

:shifty:

i have no class on tuesdays and thursdays, so i do that twice a week. plus the weekends.

corianderstem said:
I don't think I've ever worked for a company that's had Good Friday off.

I don't think it's a holiday widely observed by the retail operations in Seattle. We're a bunch of godless pinko commies. :wink:

We have two personal holidays a year that are meant to be used where you like - with the big thinking behind it being religious folk can use them for religious holidays that aren't the "major" holidays that are traditionally given as days off.

It's not an officially gazetted public holiday there? That's hilarious. The uber-religious country doesn't observe the religious holidays, while two extremely secular countries (Australia and New Zealand), will observe any holiday if it means a day off involving chocolate. The Maj. is the only person I know who actually gives a shit about the religious aspect. You never see anything religious around, just chocolates.

Really, Easter is a secular holiday here.

phillyfan26 said:

He's a fucking party animal, man.

He just can't let anyone know because that would be too immature.

Yeah. And don't forget, he can't let us know that he parties with anyone who doesn't have a college degree and at least three years' work in the "real world".

major_panic said:

"Can someone come help me with this computer?"

*silence*

"You're ALL Arts students?!"

FUCKING HELL THAT WAS FUNNY.

It probably depends on the company and region, whether or not people have Good Friday off. I would guess loads of smaller companies in the heartland have GF off.

major_panic said:

I believe one of us said, or should have said,

SUPERWIN!

We were probably too busy laughing though.

:lol: Yeah, we were just cracking up.

At least we used Phail Collins after the lecture. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom