Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
What's Wide Open Road? I must have missed something.

One of the best Australian songs ever written. Or is it one of the best songs ever written by an Australian?

Anyway, it's an epic song by an Australian band called the Triffids that Ax and I both love. Off what is widely regarded as one of the best albums of all time down under.

major_panic said:
major_panic: "Yeah, clearly Bono wrote that song, right, I mean he's really well known for knowing what Australia is like."

ZOOTVtourist: "I'm sorry, but this song is just a way for U2 to make more money. It's not good or anything. It's just one of those singles that they're gonna put out when things go quiet."

PFan: "You're all idiots. EPIC FAIL!"

unico: "Ooooh roads. I like roads."

LemonMelon: "YOU SHALL BE ONE WITH THE FORCE!"

Muldfeld: Hold on a second, and let me use Battlestar Gallactica as a muse. U2 writes a song like Love and Peace or Else and it just misses the mark. It ignores the history, and the history clearly shows that those bastard Jews from Israel started the whole thing. Battlestar Gallactica is the most politically insightful television show in history. If U2 watched it, they could write songs that would end war.

Half of Interference: Is this confirmed?

UberBeaver: He's cheating.

ZooMacPhisto800: We need to BAND OURSELVES TOGETHER AGAINST PHILLYFAN26!

Rob33: :huh:

liamcool: Axver, quiz me damn it.

Axver: Virgin Prunes snippet from a gig in September 1979.

liamcool: How the fuck am I supposed to know? It's probably some shit like Art Fuck.

Axver: ...

shaun vox: u2 is teh garbage trash junk!

Bonochick: UberBeaver, that is just so unnecessary. :tsk:

Uberbeaver: Trapezoid.

Diamond: Hillary Clinton is a bitch.

You forgot to put something about some actress being a slut/whore in Muldfeld's response.

Speaking of which, he hasn't been around in a while.

phillyfan26 said:

Muldfeld: Hold on a second, and let me use Battlestar Gallactica as a muse. U2 writes a song like Love and Peace or Else and it just misses the mark. It ignores the history, and the history clearly shows that those bastard Jews from Israel started the whole thing. Battlestar Gallactica is the most politically insightful television show in history. If U2 watched it, they could write songs that would end war.

liamcool: How the fuck am I supposed to know? It's probably some shit like Art Fuck.

:lmao: :lmao:

Best of the bunch!

corianderstem said:
You forgot to put something about some actress being a slut/whore in Muldfeld's response.

Speaking of which, he hasn't been around in a while.

He finally got shamed off the forums?

Or he's having the longest Battlestar Galactica marathon ever?

Axver said:

Khan: guys, please don't argue. it's what phail collins does.

Axver: mofo82 is Phail Collins.

mofo82: Are you trying to abuse your position as a senior board member to deceive people again? First the Kunstmuseum, then Wide Open Road, and now this? You're a jerk, Assver.

PFan: "What the hell is a 'senior board member' anyway?"

major_panic: "Divide your postcount by the number of days you've been on Interference, then multiply by pi. If above 20, then I guess you're one."

mofo82: "You're all idiots."

Axver: "I think the idiot's the one who calls a song that's being covered by U2 a U2 song when it's clearly not."

cori: "Hey look guys, a happy butterfly! Let's be happy... guys? :uhoh: "

Moshepop: This cover of Wild Open Road proves the ethereal connection between U2 and the Beatles. David McComb surely listened to the Beatles too, and John Lennon is living on through Bono.

Rob33: Who the hell is David McComb?

Axver: The guy who wrote Wide Open Road.

Rob33: But it's a U2 original!!! :huh: :scratch:

phillyfan26 said:

SUPERWIN!

Hey, does anybody have a copy of The Fool from the iTunes release? I can't find mine, and cori needs a copy.

Axver said:
Moshepop: This cover of Wild Open Road proves the ethereal connection between U2 and the Beatles. David McComb surely listened to the Beatles too, and John Lennon is living on through Bono.

Rob33: Who the hell is David McComb?

Axver: The guy who wrote Wide Open Road.

Rob33: But it's a U2 original!!! :huh: :scratch:

Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrr: "The way Bono gives it his all in this songs shows his passion for it, so it must be his!"

Rob33: "Yeah that's right!"

ultraviolet92: "can someone plz send me teh song? how what?"

Dalkey Beach: New setlist for the Annhiliation Tour: Vertigo, Red Light, Vertigo, Vertigo, Babyface, Love Rescue Me, Vertigo - CONFIRMED BY INSIDE SOURCES!

Peterrrrr: 5th leg of the Vertigo Tour vocals :drool:

Fake Edge: Hi, guys.

Elvis: This is the real Edge, guys! I have proof.

khan: What proof?

Elvis: ... I can't tell you that.

Axver: Edge, at what gig did you play I Will Follow three times? I have the bootlegs, it didn't happen.

Fake Edge: I think Axver is a terrorist.

Elvis: OK, turns out he wasn't the real Edge. Me and the mods fucked up!

I just saw that I'mOuttaControl lives in Duluth, MN. I'm cutting him slack because ohmyGOD, it is so cold there. Live there for a winter and see how shiny and happy you are.

corianderstem said:
I just saw that I'mOuttaControl lives in Duluth, MN. I'm cutting him slack because ohmyGOD, it is so cold there. Live there for a winter and see how shiny and happy you are.

But it's fun arguing with him and pwning him!

All right, I'll be nice too.

Last edited:
KhanadaRhodes said:

i have the fool, but it's not from itunes :uhoh:

Decent audio quality at least? The one I've got sounds a bit watery and annoying.

corianderstem said:

Everybody I've ever met from MN is an arsehole. I'm surprised Anus isn't there.

phillyfan26 said:
Dalkey Beach: New setlist for the Annhiliation Tour: Vertigo, Red Light, Vertigo, Vertigo, Babyface, Love Rescue Me, Vertigo - CONFIRMED BY INSIDE SOURCES!

Peterrrrr: 5th leg of the Vertigo Tour vocals :drool:

Fake Edge: Hi, guys.

Elvis: This is the real Edge, guys! I have proof.

khan: What proof?

Elvis: ... I can't tell you that.

Axver: Edge, at what gig did you play I Will Follow three times? I have the bootlegs, it didn't happen.

Fake Edge: I think Axver is a terrorist.

Elvis: OK, turns out he wasn't the real Edge. Me and the mods fucked up!

ZooMacPhisto800: You shouldn't call Axver a terrorist. He's Australian. Kiwis don't commit acts of terror. LOTR is a great movie. My uncle owns a farm in Sydney.

Everyone: You're an idiot.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:uhoh: i've not listened to it years. i've never even listened to it on itunes, which has been registering playcounts for me since january 2005.

:lol:

What an obsessive U2 fan you so clearly are. :wink:

Axver said:
Everybody I've ever met from MN is an arsehole. I'm surprised Anus isn't there.

Really? I thought midwesterners were supposed to be stereotypically nice.

Minneapolis/St. Paul is really great, big-city-wise, from what I've heard. I've only visited briefly.

Axver said:

ZooMacPhisto800: You shouldn't call Axver a terrorist. He's Australian. Kiwis don't commit acts of terror. LOTR is a great movie. My uncle owns a farm in Sydney.

Everyone: You're an idiot.

ZooMacPhisto800: "Well I'm sorry, but Kiwis are just so damned nice, especially riding those kangaroos of theirs. And those Maori warriors in Australia are so cool. Full respect to you convict-bred people!"

Everyone: :scream:

And that just about sums up a thread in EYKIW perfectly, I think. Did we forget anyone?

Axver said:
:lol:

What an obsessive U2 fan you so clearly are. :wink:
i know! why, i should mod a U2 forum with the way i always listen to their music!
cawg.gif

major_panic said:

ZooMacPhisto800: "Well I'm sorry, but Kiwis are just so damned nice, especially riding those kangaroos of theirs. And those Maori warriors in Australia are so cool. Full respect to you convict-bred people!"

Everyone: :scream:

And that just about sums up a thread in EYKIW perfectly, I think. Did we forget anyone?

ImOuttaControl: [three paragraphs that make no sense, including bragging about being a good teacher.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom