Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

:lol:

The unfortunate Triffids-induced decline of U2, eh?

The sad thing is, if they ever played a cover of any Triffids song, most people in the audience would just be like :|

Although, I can see it already:

Rob33: "OMG U2 have a new song, it's brilliant, it's called Wide Open Road!"

Axver: "It's a song by the Triffids, from the album Born Sandy Devotional. It's been around for almost as long as U2 have."

Rob33: "Well clearly they covered it cause U2 must have written it first! And anyway U2's version is better. Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, when did Bono last sing like that?"

Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:
"At the beginning of the song Bono give it his all, and in the middle he hit the low F in 'Road' which he holds for 3 seconds, the last time he do that was on the ZooTV tour singing Bullet the Blue Sky 1993-5-14! This is the best Bono's voice sound since Vertigo tour 5th leg! Also at the end of the song he do a long scream which leads into WTSHNN which is lasts for 6 seconds, which he does not do for ZooTV or Lovetown!"

Axver: "It's a song by David McComb of the Triffids."

mofo82: "How can you say that when the lyrics are clearly that of Bono? Why do you keep lying to me? A well-regarded member of these forums telling me that a song that is clearly a U2 song was written by someone else, mods BAN HIM!"

Oh noes, someone doesn't like my polls. Seriously, I'm so ready for this thing to be over. I don't know that I'd volunteer to do it again. :lol:

But hey, that's why I said for people to pipe up when I did something new - I think the end of the last round and this post are the only times anyone has said anything.

Plus, next rounds are 1 day each anyway, so what difference does it make?

Meh.

major_panic said:

The sad thing is, if they ever played a cover of any Triffids song, most people in the audience would just be like :|

Axver: "It's a song by the Triffids, from the album Born Sandy Devotional. It's been around for almost as long as U2 have."

Rob33: "Well clearly they covered it cause U2 must have written it first! And anyway U2's version is better. Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, when did Bono last sing like that?"

"At the beginning of the song Bono give it his all, and in the middle he hit the low F in 'Road' which he holds for 3 seconds, the last time he do that was on the ZooTV tour singing Bullet the Blue Sky 1993-5-14! This is the best Bono's voice sound since Vertigo tour 5th leg! Also at the end of the song he do a long scream which leads into WTSHNN which is lasts for 6 seconds, which he does not do for ZooTV or Lovetown!"

mofo82: "How can you say that when the lyrics are clearly that of Bono? Why do you keep lying to me? A well-regarded member of these forums telling me that a song that is clearly a U2 song was written by someone else, mods BAN HIM!"

Oh non-existent God, Maj., that's just brilliant. :lmao:

corianderstem said:
Over here, "nappy-headed" has nothing to do with diapers. It has to do with (I believe) the texture/style of African-Amerian hair.

Someone please correct me if I'm hugely wrong and just embarrassing myself.

Nappy is an offensive term for the natural hair of blacks. The politically correct term is natural hair.

phillyfan26 said:

Nappy is an offensive term for the natural hair of blacks. The politically correct term is natural hair.

... OK, I totally don't get that. How is the hair of African Americans anything like nappies?

Or does the word have some other origin?

corianderstem said:
Oh noes, someone doesn't like my polls. Seriously, I'm so ready for this thing to be over. I don't know that I'd volunteer to do it again. :lol:

I can't say I entirely miss running it myself! :lol:

major_panic said:

It's funny cause it's true, or would be. :wink:

Just wait until U2 cover Crowded House's Don't Dream It's Over. "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST POP SONG BONO'S WRITTEN SINCE BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!1!!!11"

major_panic said:

shaun vox: u2 is teh suck!!

Rob33: :sad:

Axver: It's still a Triffids song.

notmofo: I've been watching this whole thing, and I'm not mofo82, and Axver, you're just terrible. You are disgusting.

Axver: OK, mofo82. :lol:

notmofo: Seriously, this isn't mofo82. I just hate you for everything you've said to him.

mofo82: notmofo is correct that he is not me and that Axver is horrible.

Headache in a suitcase: i like turtles

Rob33: :scream:

Axver said:

... OK, I totally don't get that. How is the hair of African Americans anything like nappies?

Or does the word have some other origin?

Yes, I believe the two are not related.

I was actually kind of agreeing with I'mOuttaControl until he started treating these polls like they're presidential elections. :huh:

I have no idea the origins of the expression "nappy" came from, in its US context.

Axver said:

Just wait until U2 cover Crowded House's Don't Dream It's Over. "OMG THIS IS THE GREATEST POP SONG BONO'S WRITTEN SINCE BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!1!!!11"

"HAI GUISE, THIS SONG WILL BE ON TEH NEXT ALBUM LOLZOMGOMGOMG!"

"Is this confirm(red)?"

"Yeah, my neighbour's uncle's gardener's hairdresser's nephew is Bono's daughter's friend's friend, and he tells me that it's confirmed!"

"Nah dude, it's rumou(red)."

"Wow if U2 keep playing like this they'll be like teh best evar! I can't wait for the new album! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: "

"This is definitely the best Bono's voice sound since the 5th leg of Vertigo Tour, I hope he use his operatic voice more!"

phillyfan26 said:

shaun vox: u2 is teh suck!!

Rob33: :sad:

Axver: It's still a Triffids song.

notmofo: I've been watching this whole thing, and I'm not mofo82, and Axver, you're just terrible. You are disgusting.

Axver: OK, mofo82. :lol:

notmofo: Seriously, this isn't mofo82. I just hate you for everything you've said to him.

mofo82: notmofo is correct that he is not me and that Axver is horrible.

Headache in a suitcase: i like turtles

Rob33: :scream:

Addicted to Bad: Wide Open Road is like a "DRUG".

mofo82: This is going to be U2's biggest hit ever. Assver doesn't know anything.

Ian: Gigantor motherfucking penises.

Axver said:

mofo82: This is going to be U2's biggest hit ever. Assver doesn't know anything.

MsMofoGone: Gone, Bad, and MOFO are THREE great songs !! :hmm: :hmm:

Addicted to Bad: Bad, Mofo, and GONE are so-ooo GREAT ... hmm ?? YES !! :hmm: :hmm:

No spoken words: You're an idiot.

Axver said:

major_panic: "Yeah, clearly Bono wrote that song, right, I mean he's really well known for knowing what Australia is like."

ZOOTVtourist: "I'm sorry, but this song is just a way for U2 to make more money. It's not good or anything. It's just one of those singles that they're gonna put out when things go quiet."

PFan: "You're all idiots. EPIC FAIL!"

unico: "Ooooh roads. I like roads."

LemonMelon: "YOU SHALL BE ONE WITH THE FORCE!"

phillyfan26 said:
I dropped NSW's iconic line on ImOuttaControl.

I suppose I should go back and see if he's tried to argue with me. It's kind of hard to be bothered, though. That twit is just too insignificant for me to care about what he says.

It's okay. I'm diffusing things with a little Ella Fitzgerald.

Surely that will smooth things over.

:uhoh:

major_panic said:

major_panic: "Yeah, clearly Bono wrote that song, right, I mean he's really well known for knowing what Australia is like."

ZOOTVtourist: "I'm sorry, but this song is just a way for U2 to make more money. It's not good or anything. It's just one of those singles that they're gonna put out when things go quiet."

PFan: "You're all idiots. EPIC FAIL!"

unico: "Ooooh roads. I like roads."

LemonMelon: "YOU SHALL BE ONE WITH THE FORCE!"

Khan: guys, please don't argue. it's what phail collins does.

Axver: mofo82 is Phail Collins.

mofo82: Are you trying to abuse your position as a senior board member to deceive people again? First the Kunstmuseum, then Wide Open Road, and now this? You're a jerk, Assver.

corianderstem said:
What's Wide Open Road? I must have missed something.

It's an awesome song by Australian band The Triffids. The Maj. would spontaneously combust if U2 snippeted/covered anything by The Triffids.

He also had one of the members of The Triffids as his geography teacher, the lucky bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom