Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She feels like water in my hand
Freeway like a river cuts through this land
The ghost-ranch hills, death valley waters
The towers of steel
Belief goes on and on

Proof Melbourne is the best city ever: both times Heartland was snippeted, it was done in Melbourne. :up:

Dalton said:
No kidding? I didn't know that about 4. Maybe I'm Chinese? I do like rice.

4 in Cantonese, which probably the second-most widely used dialect of Chinese, rhymes with the word for "death".

It's like how Chinese people wear red for weddings and white for funerals, like seriously :huh:

You want flied lice? I sell you cheap plice, vely good vely good four dolla only!

Alright all. I'm to bed.

Beeeeeee Good

et.jpg

:lol: "Nappy-headed hos," the phrase that cost US radio shock jock Don Imus his job and triggered a debate on how far free speech can go, was named today as the most egregious politically incorrect turn of phrase in 2007.

major_panic said:
in much the same way the 13th floor doesn't exist in some buildings in some Western countries.
the hotel i always stay at in nashville doesn't have a 13th floor. but it's funny because i always stay on the 14th floor, but it's really the 13th floor. like anyone wouldn't do the math? it's still technically the 13th floor, guys :rolleyes:

major_panic said:

Anything / Seabirds (snippet) = :combust:

Bad / The Seabirds (snippet) / Estuary Bed (snippet) / Chicken Killer (snippet) / Tarrilup Bridge (snippet) / Lonely Stretch (snippet) / Wide Open Road (snippet) / Life Of Crime (snippet) / Personal Things (snippet) / Stolen Property (snippet) / Tender Is The Night (snippet) / Of The Plaza (snippet) / White Shawl (snippet) / Convent Walls (snippet) / Time Of Weakness (snippet) / Wish To See No More (snippet) / When A Man Turns Bad (snippet) / The 107 (snippet)

That = Maj. Panic dead. Correct?

Back in the days when I was a church choir accompanist (but not really a very good Christian), my friend (the choir director) and I used to joke that we were horrible Christians because we liked Good Friday better than Easter, because Good Friday had such better music.

Gotta go with the solemn, dark stuff. And Jesus Christ Superstar. :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

the hotel i always stay at in nashville doesn't have a 13th floor. but it's funny because i always stay on the 14th floor, but it's really the 13th floor. like anyone wouldn't do the math? it's still technically the 13th floor, guys :rolleyes:

558999771_a1db60d670_o.jpg

Tells me that if you don't have a 13th floor, one day you'll end up on it and you'll have to go trap ghosts. Make sure those beams don't cross!

Axver said:

Bad / The Seabirds (snippet) / Estuary Bed (snippet) / Chicken Killer (snippet) / Tarrilup Bridge (snippet) / Lonely Stretch (snippet) / Wide Open Road (snippet) / Life Of Crime (snippet) / Personal Things (snippet) / Stolen Property (snippet) / Tender Is The Night (snippet) / Of The Plaza (snippet) / White Shawl (snippet) / Convent Walls (snippet) / Time Of Weakness (snippet) / Wish To See No More (snippet) / When A Man Turns Bad (snippet) / The 107 (snippet)

That = Maj. Panic dead. Correct?

Bono: Major Panic is on fire! *Edge starts playing Fire, and combusts too* The Edge is on fire! Molten metal from Venus! Punk rock from Mars! We've never played One before! WARNING CRITICAL MALFUNCTION! :combust:

gluey said:
:lol: "Nappy-headed hos," the phrase that cost US radio shock jock Don Imus his job and triggered a debate on how far free speech can go, was named today as the most egregious politically incorrect turn of phrase in 2007.

I never did figure out that statement. Nappy-headed? Their heads look like the things babies wear before they're toilet-trained?

corianderstem said:
Back in the days when I was a church choir accompanist (but not really a very good Christian), my friend (the choir director) and I used to joke that we were horrible Christians because we liked Good Friday better than Easter, because Good Friday had such better music.

Gotta go with the solemn, dark stuff. And Jesus Christ Superstar. :wink:

I was disappointed that my church didn't play any hymns today, but just played the happy Hillsong stuff. That being said, it is a Pentecostal church, so it's not too surprising.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: That's so pathetically lame. I've never actually seen a place do that but I've heard of it.

Axver said:

I never did figure out that statement. Nappy-headed? Their heads look like the things babies wear before they're toilet-trained?

If anything, Osama Bin Laden's wives should be called nappy-headed hos.

Of course, I didn't just say that :shifty:

major_panic said:

Bono: Major Panic is on fire! *Edge starts playing Fire, and combusts too* The Edge is on fire! Molten metal from Venus! Punk rock from Mars! We've never played One before! WARNING CRITICAL MALFUNCTION! :combust:

:lol:

The unfortunate Triffids-induced decline of U2, eh?

Axver said:

Nappy-headed" phrase to describe the Rutgers University women's basketball team.

Nappy head is a term sometimes given to new mums who get 'baby-brain' after giving birth (and trust me 8yrs down the track I still get it!)..........

major_panic said:

I don't like you either. You'd better watch yourself, we're wanted men. I have the death sentence on me in twelve systems!

Threatening me? That earns a Sonny Corleone style assassination.

phillyfan26 said:
The nappy-headed thing is racial.

:ohmy: I guess different countries have different interpretations!! Nappy brain & Nappy head have been used many times in my coffee group!!

:lol: at ImOuttaControl on the latest Survivor round. Some people never change.

Over here, "nappy-headed" has nothing to do with diapers. It has to do with (I believe) the texture/style of African-Amerian hair.

Someone please correct me if I'm hugely wrong and just embarrassing myself.

Axver said:
:lol: at ImOuttaControl on the latest Survivor round. Some people never change.

Eh, whatever. I figured at least one person would be annoyed by my playing loose with the rules. It's fine, I don't care.

She/He caught me in a mellow mood, so I didn't even get offended. :wink:

corianderstem said:

Eh, whatever. I figured at least one person would be annoyed by my playing loose with the rules. It's fine, I don't care.

She/He caught me in a mellow mood, so I didn't even get offended. :wink:

I'd argue with him/her/it, but that's like bashing your head against a brick wall so I can't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom