Anus Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
Yeah seriously you should be spending some of this time figuring out a time machine or some shit. Ask Edge, I think he has some prototypes for such a thing.

How about you help us out? You go get the time machine for us while we work with what sources we currently have. That sounds like a winner to me! :up:

I'm on my way!

Actually, I was going to be on my way because I'm tired and am practically incapable of contributing to a setlist conversation. :(

Have a good one, guys. :wave:

phillyfan26 said:
It's quite similar to the Garden of Eden, but I have no idea what the hell "Bass + Drums" or "Wo Mans Land" are supposed to be. Or "Saturday Night."

Wo Man's Land = No Man's Land? Alternate title for Lost On A Distant Planet.

I've heard U2 used to have a bass and drums instrumental.

No fucking idea about Saturday Night though.

The Sad Punk said:
I'm on my way!

Actually, I was going to be on my way because I'm tired and am practically incapable of contributing to a setlist conversation. :(

Have a good night, guys. :wave:

:lol: Letting us down? :tsk:

Actually, I should be heading to bed soon too. Fuck, it's closing in on 3am. :ohmy:

Axver said:

Wo Man's Land = No Man's Land? Alternate title for Lost On A Distant Planet.

I've heard U2 used to have a bass and drums instrumental.

No fucking idea about Saturday Night though.

Must be.

Must be.

Me neither.

Axver said:

:lol: Letting us down? :tsk:

Actually, I should be heading to bed soon too. Fuck, it's closing in on 3am. :ohmy:

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have a dream that will explain the science of time travel in a manner simple enough for myself to understand. It'll have to be pretty damn simple though.

Seeya cats! :wave:

The Sad Punk said:

Don't worry, I'm sure I'll have a dream that will explain the science of time travel in a manner simple enough for myself to understand. It'll have to be pretty damn simple though.

Seeya cats! :wave:

If you don't come back to the thread with a time travel machine, I will be very let down. No pressure, though.

Have a good night! :wave:

phillyfan26 said:

Must be.

Must be.

Me neither.

The other weird aspect is no OOC. Didn't write their encore on it, maybe? I know they didn't do that sometimes in the early days - I've seen a printed set from 1981 and only the main set is written on it, not the encores.

I'm wondering if this is the set from 1980-05-10, Ballina?

Sounds about right.

Also, for notes: 1980/9/7 at the Lyceum Ballroom - Edge notes that during Electric Co., Bono jumps off a PA stack, ripping his pants. He begins yelling at the crowd "I'm wearing these for you! I'm wearing these for you!"

phillyfan26 said:
Sounds about right.

Also, for notes: 1980/9/7 at the Lyceum Ballroom - Edge notes that during Electric Co., Bono jumps off a PA stack, ripping his pants. He begins yelling at the crowd "I'm wearing these for you! I'm wearing these for you!"

:lol: Classic. I'll have to dig out the boot and see if I can hear that.

bono_man2002 said:
I'm going to hit the hay too I think, at least go lay down for a bit, and will probably doze off.

Have a good night guys :wave:

Goodnight! :wave:

I think I better go too. I'm getting a headache.

14/12/1980: New Haven.

Bono counts in for 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, but Larry doesn't come in because he is on the floor trying to re-position his drums, which had slid forward on some carpet. Bono believes Larry to be hiding from the crowd, and throws parts of Larry's drum kit into the crowd. Bono rounds around the kit to fight Larry, and Edge punches Bono in the face. Larry runs to the dressing room as Edge and Bono fight. The gig ends early.

Edge says that they played "I Will Follow" three times at the Boston gig on the Boy Tour: to open, to close the main set, and in the encore.

phillyfan26 said:
14/12/1980: New Haven.

Bono counts in for 11 O'Clock Tick Tock, but Larry doesn't come in because he is on the floor trying to re-position his drums, which had slid forward on some carpet. Bono believes Larry to be hiding from the crowd, and throws parts of Larry's drum kit into the crowd. Bono rounds around the kit to fight Larry, and Edge punches Bono in the face. Larry runs to the dressing room as Edge and Bono fight. The gig ends early.

:lmao: Oh wow, that's just fucked.

That must be the gig Bono remembered in the RARHOF speech.

phillyfan26 said:
Edge says that they played "I Will Follow" three times at the Boston gig on the Boy Tour: to open, to close the main set, and in the encore.

1980-12-13? We have the bootleg for that and they open with 11OTT. IWF only appears on the boot once.

He's talking about that gig, definitely. He describes it in detail. Not sure if he's accurate, though.

1981-6-9, London: Bruce Springsteen and Pete Townshend attend U2's show and meet with the band afterwards.

WOAH, it's raining outside. There's stuff coming out of the sky! Wet stuff!

How absolutely unusual. I can't remember the last time I went to bed to the sound of rain falling.

phillyfan26 said:
He's talking about that gig, definitely. He describes it in detail. Not sure if he's accurate, though.

I'll have a read of his account in the morning. I've got the boot though, so ...

In any case, I really really need to go. Thanks so much for all the tidbits of info and sets you've posted, I really appreciate it considerably. If you find any more, feel free to e-mail them to me.

G'night! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom